PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CFB championship thread: Alabama vs. Georgia

Missed False Starts, Missed Facemask. Holding on a couple of those late runs also drew no whistles from the refs.

He was just playing with Georgia. What title has the state of Georgia won in recent years in all major sports?

1995 Atlanta Braves

5 bama juniors likely turning pro and all 5 could go in the first round.

I work at UAB, the primary Alabama research institution. And, UA is often our competition for state funding, etc.

....But, for tonight...you have to give them credit....Roll Freaking Tide!:D

I bet Saban really prep this kid for this game. He was not going to let Hurts hurt his chance of winning again. Tua was very comfortable out there.

I’m a GA fan and this one hurts more than the Giants Loss. Fromm straight choked in the 4th BUT he never should have been in that position. Michel was running for 7 yards a pop and they pulled him for the final 4 series. Unbelievable.

Success wise, id say bama is the ncaas closest thing to us. One huge difference though is the kicking game. Bamas kickers throughout this run have been pretty shaky.

Ummm . . . their QB choices have been . . . interesting, too.

Genuinely feel bad about the missed offsides call. That may have changed the entire game. Future looks bright for Bama again, but Georgia might be another couple decades before they're back. Poor kids.

Eh, don't feel too bad for them. They're supposed to have the best recruiting class, and their QB is a freshman (and they supposedly have the best HS QB in the nation coming next year).

Amazing game. True slobberknocker all round. Obviously I'm proud my Alabama boys won, but I give much respect to Georgia and their crew.

I will say this much: At the end of the 3rd quarter,and through the 4th, it looked like Georgia was becoming gassed. Lots of hands on hips, heads bent down, etc. Reminded me a LOT of this past superbowl, with the Falcons unable to keep up with the Pats, who just kept chipping away. Make a play. Make another one. Move the chains. Etc.

I also admit to being maxed stressed out, which wasn't good for my heart, but I administered a little whiskey to thin the blood and calm the nerves, and things were better after that. "

Alabama large.jpg

Amazing game. True slobberknocker all round. Obviously I'm proud my Alabama boys won, but I give much respect to Georgia and their crew.

I will say this much: At the end of the 3rd quarter,and through the 4th, it looked like Georgia was becoming gassed. Lots of hands on hips, heads bent down, etc. Reminded me a LOT of this past superbowl, with the Falcons unable to keep up with the Pats, who just kept chipping away. Make a play. Make another one. Move the chains. Etc.

I also admit to being maxed stressed out, which wasn't good for my heart, but I administered a little whiskey to thin the blood and calm the nerves, and things were better after that. "

View attachment 19134

Absolutely disgusting!

I like bama but it has become almost unfair.

What they have done's impressive but I don't think it's as impressive as what we have done but it's still impressive.

I like bama but it has become almost unfair.

What they have done's impressive but I don't think it's as impressive as what we have done but it's still impressive.
College dynasties can’t even be compared to NFL ones. It’s the same handful of colleges always getting the 4 and 5 star recruits. Of course those will be the teams at the end every year

I would love to see Bill coach a team like Alabama, Georgia, USC, Florida State. I honestly think he would never lose

Uh...OK, whatever you say. I'm hearing a complete narcissistic, egomaniacal glorifier of Compton murderers, drug dealers and rapists. It's all about him...great. What the **** does THAT have to do with the NATIONAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP? Only rat punk chest thumping ignoroids are watching this game?
hqdefault.jpg

Working down in GA at the moment so gotta go with the Dogs. Would rather have a bunch of happy techs to work with tomorrow. I think a GA win would be bigger than a SB win. They'll never know though. :D
Well, it was 20-7 and not 28-3.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back