PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 RB/PTP Thread

Thanks BGC for that most excellent write-up at the top of the thread.

I didn't follow RBs much since Bill drafted two of them last year; I really liked what I saw, however, of Northwestern's Evan Hull & his potential on 3rd downs here, and had hoped that he would still be available when our picks at 184+ rolled-around... Sadly, the Indy bloodClots beat us to the punch - Again - and took him 8 picks earlier at 176.

Even after losing-out on Hull, Bill still had the chance to grab one of Zach Evans, Ken McIntosh, Deuce Vaughn, Hunter Leubke or Dwayne McBride with the pick he instead used on the ****ing Punter; so he obviously must be ok with who's currently in the building...
Banking on a lot, but the development of Strong, Harris, and Thornton at WR would be huge for this...Lots of potential speed

Banking on a lot, but the development of Strong, Harris, and Thornton at WR would be huge for this...Lots of potential speed

M Jones and Gonzalez add two more 4.3 guys on D. Clearly a change to add faster guys via the draft.

Stevenson and Strong lessen the need for that

Having your Lead Back also serve as your 3rd-Down Back is suicidal; and Strong needs to first prove that his limited college experience in the passing game was due more to being too busy running with the football than to any hands/route-running issues...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back