PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CFB championship thread: Alabama vs. Georgia

I would love to see Bill coach a team like Alabama, Georgia, USC, Florida State. I honestly think he would never lose
I’d rather he take over some unknown program & get recruits that want to be winners to go on and destroy the established squads.

Michel finished 14 for 98, while Chubb was 18 for 25 yards.

Appalled that they stuck with Chubb so often. Not sure if it was simply a bad game against a good team, he was hurt, or what, but it was not working.

Appalling that they stuck with Chubb so often. Not sure if it was simply a bad game against a good team, he was hurt, or what, but it was not working.

I have bad news for people that hate Alabama, but that program is going to win at least another couple of national titles behind Tua's arm. While he made some very freshmen mistakes (staring down receivers, not looking off the FS), he showed incredible poise in a pressure-packed situation that he was thrust into and was a clear-cut improvement over Hurts.

Appalled that they stuck with Chubb so often. Not sure if it was simply a bad game against a good team, he was hurt, or what, but it was not working.

I think Michel was just better able to exploit what Alabama was doing up front. Michel's runs were mostly off tackle and his speed getting to the edge negated a lot of Alabama's speed in the front seven. Chubb, on the other hand, was their guy between the tackles. That's right into the teeth of Alabama's defense and they have some dominant, highly-touted former recruits up front. But I agree. I would have made Michel the bell cow when it was obvious early on that he was going to be the more productive of the two backs.

He bet $20 and will win $400 if UGA wins tonight.
I questioned it because the odds seem way out of wack.

When was this bet placed? At the season start????

I’m a GA fan and this one hurts more than the Giants Loss. Fromm straight choked in the 4th BUT he never should have been in that position. Michel was running for 7 yards a pop and they pulled him for the final 4 series. Unbelievable.

Atrociously bad coaching in the second half by GA.

I questioned it because the odds seem way out of wack.

When was this bet placed? At the season start????
It was dated this past summer, which is consistent with a 20-1 preseason odds of UGA winning it all.

What a wild game. It had a little bit of everything. Great plays, bad plays, missed calls, players melting down and fighting with coaches. Amazing to see 2 freshman QB's playing at such a high level and under such pressure. Great championship games 2 years in a row. Love the playoff format.

I might sound like a sore loser, But Gerogia literally got boned in the first 3 quarters on some no calls, and calls. In the 4th quarter they gout outplayed though
There were other calls and non-calls, too, that left Georgia players furious. A blocked punt to start the third quarter that was wiped away by a questionable offside call. There was a third-down pass with 9:34 remaining that was a slight bobble away from being a Georgia interception, which would have kept the lead at 20-10 and made the climb back so, so difficult for the Crimson Tide. There was an opportunity for Georgia’s defense to get off the field with a seven-point lead and six minutes left, but Parrish delivered a slight and unnecessary shove that kept Alabama going all the way to the end zone. And to top it all off, when Alabama tied it on a fourth-and-4 touchdown with 3:49 left, replay showed the Tide should have been called for a false start.

eyJpdSI6ImQ2OGRkYzZiZDZhOTIzNmIzYWNjZTE4MzA0YmI0ZjM5OThkNDRhYzMxN2QyYWVkMGMwMjk4ZmE2ZTE1ZWYwZDkiLCJ3IjoyNzUsImgiOjE2MCwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6MH0.jpg

^ Upset Georgia fan

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back