PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Central Thread For Mourning/Canonizing Jimmy Garoppolo

it is hard......especially competing with TB12 and BB......they are the standard

makes peyton winning 2 SBs with different coaches all the more amazing

On the surface that is amazing but when you realize that Von Miller had a lot more to do with the Broncos SB L title than Peyton did and also Brock Osweiler won a bunch of games for that team... it takes a bit of the shine off that accomplishment. Imo

Last edited:
Drafting Brady was the best decision they ever made, letting Jimmy go was the worst.

I can think of a lot moves worse than letting JG go even if JG is legit.

As much as I think hes an overrated, primadonna and not even in the top 10 GOAT discussion, 40 year old Brett Favre in 2009 was outstanding and statistically very close to where Tom is now.

Jared Allen was a beast for that Vikings team.

You’re obviously not understanding what I’m saying. Now have about you drop out like you said you would.
Again, if you direct posts at me I'll respond. And I understand that you're not capable of saying you were wrong, or at best worded things so poorly you gave that impression.

Would he want it?

Fwiw, I have no problem with him getting one.

I have to imagine he'd personally value the half a season he won football games as a starter over the half where he sat on the bench. But if Kraft offers him one, I'm sure he'll take it and put it in the pile.

jimmy G has thrown for 3 picks in 5 games already. just sayin’...

But, isn't it the culture of the board to use it as a personal venting vehicle? After all that's what makes the GDT so very charming!

And that means your post is not respecting the culture of the board. Aren't you just using it as your personal venting vehicle?

So meta!
The difference is I'm not venting.

Again, if you direct posts at me I'll respond.
That's fine by me, but you're the one who said it was "pointless to continue." Obviously, like so many others in here, you state it is pointless to continue, but continue responding anyway.

And I understand that you're not capable of saying you were wrong, or at best worded things so poorly you gave that impression.
I stand by every statement I made in this thread. Your problem is that you're clearly not following all the conversations and the full context within which I wrote. Therefore, I will restate my position (and dumb it down for you as much as I can):

1) Yes, as I stated consistently, you generally get more trading a guy before the season than during the season when he is in the final year of his deal.

2) However, to claim that the Patriots should have traded him before the season relies on 2 things:

a) Picking and choosing which reports to believe regarding what they could have gotten. I am not entirely sold on the notion that Cleveland was offering what some in here think they were offering

b) It also, as I have stated consistently, employs 20/20 hindsight with the knowledge that we wouldn't actually need him.

3) By waiting until the last minute to deal him, you lose a little in the trade value but gain the protection of having him if you need him. People like you who say they should have traded him in April are using 20/20 hindsight.

You would be the first one to criticize the team had they traded him in April and Brady got injured and missed a few games.

I already said those with 20/20 hindsight can make that statement quite easily.
I don't believe for a second the negotiations took 10 minutes.

Lynch admitted it took 10 minutes to get the deal done haha.

Basically you're gonna a believe whatever suits your argument and disregard everything else.

Head in the sand.

That's fine by me, but you're the one who said it was "pointless to continue." Obviously, like so many others in here, you state it is pointless to continue, but continue responding anyway.

I stand by every statement I made in this thread. Your problem is that you're clearly not following all the conversations and the full context within which I wrote. Therefore, I will restate my position (and dumb it down for you as much as I can):

1) Yes, as I stated consistently, you generally get more trading a guy before the season than during the season when he is in the final year of his deal.

2) However, to claim that the Patriots should have traded him before the season relies on 2 things:

a) Picking and choosing which reports to believe regarding what they could have gotten. I am not entirely sold on the notion that Cleveland was offering what some in here think they were offering

b) It also, as I have stated consistently, employs 20/20 hindsight with the knowledge that we wouldn't actually need him.

3) By waiting until the last minute to deal him, you lose a little in the trade value but gain the protection of having him if you need him. People like you who say they should have traded him in April are using 20/20 hindsight.

You would be the first one to criticize the team had they traded him in April and Brady got injured and missed a few games.
Pointless to continue in the sense that you have your head in the sand, but hope springs eternal.

You said: "it's not even remotely 'easy to see' they could have gotten more." Meaning, you were not acknowledging the Pats could have gotten more. Now you've changed your position, but any credit you'd receive for correctly changing your mind has been lost because you refuse to concede you did so.

it is hard......especially competing with TB12 and BB......they are the standard

makes peyton winning 2 SBs with different coaches all the more amazing
begrudgingly this is a good point. Peyton went to three SUper Bowls and won two, with two different teams, and having gone through the BB/Brady Patriots all three times..

EDIT: forgot about the 09 team..

Hmm Ray took the day.. not sure why thread was banished. very interesting hmmmmmmm

Maybe a Call was made to NY Office

Lynch admitted it took 10 minutes to get the deal done haha.
Yeah, and GM's never lie, mislead or exaggerate.

Basically you're gonna a believe whatever suits your argument and disregard everything else.

Head in the sand.

Pointless to continue
And yet here you are responding to every post I make.

You said: "it's not even remotely 'easy to see' they could have gotten more." Meaning, you were not acknowledging the Pats could have gotten more. Now you've changed your position, but any credit you'd receive for correctly changing your mind has been lost because you refuse to concede you did so.
Maybe when you get to 3rd grade they'll teach you context clues and how to use them.

I restated my position for you in the most elementary terms imaginable to clear up any confusion. The fact that you're still clinging to your misinterpretation of prior statements shows the bankruptcy of your thesis.

Nevertheless, I am now agreeing it is pointless to continue. Go ahead and have the last word and let me show you how leaving a conversation* is done. You can thank me later.

*"Leaving a conversation" being defined as leaving this sidebar, not leaving the thread entirely if other individuals make separate points.

Yeah, and GM's never lie, mislead or exaggerate.

Head in the sand.

What purpose does he have to lie?

You know what, don't answer. Not interested lol.

And yet here you are responding to every post I make.

Maybe when you get to 3rd grade they'll teach you context clues and how to use them.

I restated my position for you in the most elementary terms imaginable to clear up any confusion. The fact that you're still clinging to your misinterpretation of prior statements shows the bankruptcy of your thesis.

Nevertheless, I am now agreeing it is pointless to continue. Go ahead and have the last word and let me show you how leaving a conversation* is done. You can thank me later.

*"Leaving a conversation" being defined as leaving this sidebar, not leaving the thread entirely if other individuals make separate points.
Man, you're hilarious.

On the surface that is amazing but when you realize that Von Miller had a lot more to do with the Broncos SB L title than Peyton did and also Brock Osweiler won a bunch of games for that team... it takes a bit of the shine off that accomplishment. Imo

Anyone could have won with that Bronco's defense. You had no time to throw.. And they were decent at stopping the run. They had a great secondary and a pass rush.. Peyton lucked out getting that 2nd Super Bowl. Not hating I think Peyton is a top 5-7 QB and is the 2nd best QB I have seen play in my life time. I think he is better than Marino but I didn't watch alot of Marino or Montana. I was to young.

600 posts ago I started this thread (under a different title) to discuss Brady's influence on Garoppolo. It was then merged with several different topics, but that topic is still open.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back