PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics vs Cavaliers Series

The game is disagreeing with you right now. Allen and Pierce have 10 points combined while Rondo has 12 and the Celtics bench (Tony Allen) is picking it up big time. Garnett is being his usual reliable self. As I said earlier in the thread, this is a different Celtics team than in 2008. This team lives and dies by Rondo and their bench. Right now, it's living by those two and the Celtics go into halftime with a two point lead. If either Pierce or Allen (or both) pick it up, this game won't be close.

You are making my point for me. If Pierce was on top of his game the Celtics would be well out in front and LeBron is having a good game.

Loving the war between Perkins and Shaq.

And Pierce starts to heat up and the Celtics are up by 9.

You are making my point for me. If Pierce was on top of his game the Celtics would be well out in front and LeBron is having a good game.

I never once denied that if Pierce and Allen were on their games that the Cavs would still win big, or win at all. I just said that you can't count on it. Both of them have been incredibly inconsistent. It's been a fact that this team has lived and died by Rondo and the bench. Like I said, Pierce and Allen are luxuries at this point (which is why they won Game 5 by 30). And James is not playing well. He has a decent point total, a lot of them have come on easy shots and free throws. He isn't driving to the hoop with nearly as much authority as he usually does and genuinely looks timid. If LeBron was playing like LeBron, this game would be closer (or the Cavs would be winning). Credit that to Boston's defense, but he really looks distracted/disinterested as well.

I never once denied that if Pierce and Allen were on their games that the Cavs would still win big, or win at all. I just said that you can't count on it. Both of them have been incredibly inconsistent. It's been a fact that this team has lived and died by Rondo and the bench. Like I said, Pierce and Allen are luxuries at this point (which is why they won Game 5 by 30). And James is not playing well. He has a decent point total, a lot of them have come on easy shots and free throws. He isn't driving to the hoop with nearly as much authority as he usually does and genuinely looks timid. If LeBron was playing like LeBron, this game would be closer (or the Cavs would be winning). Credit that to Boston's defense, but he really looks distracted/disinterested as well.

Ok fair enough but that was my point that Pierce and Allen are the difference between the Celtics being a good team and a great team. They are pretty much unbeatable when both those guys turn up.

As for LeBron being timid, Ray Allen is all over him and thats why he can't drive to the basket.

Ok fair enough but that was my point that Pierce and Allen are the difference between the Celtics being a good team and a great team. They are pretty much unbeatable when both those guys turn up.

As for LeBron being timid, Ray Allen is all over him and thats why he can't drive to the basket.

Allen is playing good defense. Hell, the entire C's team is. But Allen is getting help. LeBron is double teamed, sometimes triple teamed. There is always a slew of bodies hovering around him. However, that has been the case with him for the last couple of years. I just think he's mailed it in, which is disappointing for a guy who is supposed to be the "next MJ". Love the "New York Knicks" chants. :rofl:

Uh-oh. Celtics only up by 8. Come on, C's! Close 'em out.

Celtics gotta hang on here. They can't give James easy looks like they just gave him. Keep harassing him and make him put the game on his teammates' incapable shoulders.

LOL. What a completely pathetic effort by Cleveland at the end of the game. Talk about mailing it in. At least LBJ shook hands this year. :rolleyes:

Congrats to the Celtics. Good luck against Orlando.

FWIW-I like the Cavs b/c my dad's family lives up in the Cleveland area-2nd straight disappointing year. Best record in the NBA, but can't get the job done.

Best of luck guys in the ECF-please beat the Magic.

LOL. What a completely pathetic effort by Cleveland at the end of the game. Talk about mailing it in. At least LBJ shook hands this year. :rolleyes:

Congrats to the Celtics. Good luck against Orlando.

Last year the Cavs couldn't beat a Magic team that struggled against a bad Philly team, a Garnett-less Celtics team, and got whooped by the Lakers in the Finals.

You're team is very good-but 2nd straight year they couldn't get the job done despite being the best regular season team.

Last year the Cavs couldn't beat a Magic team that struggled against a bad Philly team, a Garnett-less Celtics team, and got whooped by the Lakers in the Finals.

You're team is very good-but 2nd straight year they couldn't get the job done despite being the best regular season team.

My NBA team is the Heat. Pretty far from "very good". We'll see what happens in the offseason though. :cool:

Damn, this "over-the-hill, old, slow, washed up" team sure is great!

I was in disbelief at the end of the game there when the Cavs didn't foul.

Great performance again from the Celtics, no on to the Magic and we owe them a hiding for last year.

of course espn is now standing up for lebron and his lack of supporting cast.. just no credit to the celts defense.

they just abused the Cavs...thats what happens when you (media) predetermine what is going to happen (LeBron one way ticket to the NBA finals).

LeBron reminds me of a young Kobe. Kobe has figured it out and matured. LeBron will be a winner when he grows up. When will that be, i dont know. What i do know is he ain't winning anything if he goes to NY

Oh well, so much for the MVP (actually, it should have been Durant)

of course espn is now standing up for lebron and his lack of supporting cast.. just no credit to the celts defense.

Yea right. Trying to think what ESPN show I was watching when they were talking about don't be fooled how good the Celtics looked against Miami. That they didn't stand a chance against Cleveland. Miami just made the Celtics look good................Is that crow just about ready?

they just abused the Cavs...thats what happens when you (media) predetermine what is going to happen (LeBron one way ticket to the NBA finals).

LeBron reminds me of a young Kobe. Kobe has figured it out and matured. LeBron will be a winner when he grows up. When will that be, i dont know. What i do know is he ain't winning anything if he goes to NY

Oh well, so much for the MVP (actually, it should have been Durant)

Lebron is the Tony Romo of the NBA - an INIGMA-when he's hot, he's hot and consistent for a time period. But when he's cold, he'll go into one in one of the most crucial parts of the season.

I was stunned when the Cavs gave up and just let Pierce chuck a three and didn't try and foul as time waned.

And I'll stand up for the Lebron. He had a triple double (though he did turn it over a bunch) and he is suddenly to blame for the loss of the series.

Last edited:
Yea right. Trying to think what ESPN show I was watching when they were talking about don't be fooled how good the Celtics looked against Miami. That they didn't stand a chance against Cleveland. Miami just made the Celtics look good................Is that crow just about ready?

The "immature" OK City Thunder pushed the Lakers to the brink, the Lakers in turn took care of the Jazz with ease, and the Jazz whipped a pretty darn good Nuggets team.

The Suns struggled somewhat against a Brandon Roy-less Blazers team, while the Spurs took care of one of the heavyweights Mavericks. The Suns in turn whipped the Spurs.

You can't figure out these leagues anymore - after all, an "above average" Saints team won the last Super Bowl.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back