PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics playoff run: drive for #18

Wow, this team. Absolutely refuses to EVER make things easy. Or at least easier

For game 5, I'm mostly hoping Williams is healthy, meaning 80-90% Considering everything else, the Celtics should win then. As always, comes down to their poise, intensity, limiting turnovers, hitting FTs, rebounding

If Tatum isn't hurt (he might be), he'll probably have one monster game, maybe tomorrow night, maybe game 6

As always, hard to win when the best player is on the other side. But I think the Celtics are going to do it.

Anyone else here feel the Celtics have blown their chance to win this thing? Of course I hope I'm wrong, but championship teams don't let their foot off the gas with a golden opportunity to take command like Boston did Friday night. The Celtics might be superior physically, mentally they have some growing up to do.

Anyone else here feel the Celtics have blown their chance to win this thing? Of course I hope I'm wrong, but championship teams don't let their foot off the gas with a golden opportunity to take command like Boston did Friday night. The Celtics might be superior physically, mentally they have some growing up to do.
We’ll see I guess, but it’s definitely not a crazy thought, they’ve definitely screwed around when they could’ve had a big advantage at this point

But it’s still a 2 out 3 series and they could still do it

My prediction? (Which isn’t worth much) I think they win tomorrow and then don’t close the deal in game six. I have no prediction for game seven if that is to happen

STFU negative nancy.

Figured they could blow one game with terrible play down the stretch but not two games. They blew one. They can still win but no more crap fests with the game on the line with the score close and a few minutes remaining. It’s amazing how bad their offense becomes in those situations.

STFU negative nancy.

The difference between you and me on matters like this is my rooting interest is obvious -- I say up front I hope I'm wrong. You're just wrong and hope it sticks.

Figured they could blow one game with terrible play down the stretch but not two games. They blew one. They can still win but no more crap fests with the game on the line with the score close and a few minutes remaining. It’s amazing how bad their offense becomes in those situations.
As good as this team is, they get tight when things get dicey down the stretch. They start turning to iso ball on offense hoping for dagger shots. It’s not for lack of effort, it’s nerves.

By and large they’ve overcome it and there are exceptions but it’s something I’ve noticed for years with these guys. Hope they can overcome it. Series far from over.

They can still win but no more crap fests with the game on the line with the score close and a few minutes remaining.

As good as this team is, they get tight when things get dicey down the stretch
It’s interesting how rarely the Celtics playoff games have gone down to the wire. The first Nets game, any others this run?

It’s interesting how rarely the Celtics playoff games have gone down to the wire. The first Nets game, any others this run?
Bucks Game 5. Miami Game 7, if you count that.

I kinda felt they had a huge opportunity to win either fake 2 or 4 and they let one be a stinker and one they got sloppy and didn’t close it out when they needed to tighten up. Either one of those probably guaranteed a win in this series.

Now I feel like the Celtics need to win the next 2 to win this thing. I’m not looking forward to a Game 7 on Ukrainian road. I think that might just be too much.

Honestly none of these series after the Nets should have been competitive as much as they were. We had two game 7’s because they blew winnable games by poor decision making. GSW is too experienced for that.

How much credit does GS deserve for Tatum's 8 for 23 shooting and 6 turrnovers last night. For the series he's shooting 34 percent, what do the Celtics need to do to improve his offense?
he needs to drive to the basket. GS doesn't have the size to stop him...but he insists on long range jumpers or fall away shots. Time to take over the series, as a star everyone thinks he is, should

The Celtics will win tonight and game 6 at home. Mark it down!

If Tatum can't have his way against Andrew Wiggins, then he just isn't a top 15 let alone top 5 or 10 player. He's absolutely letting his team down, especially when he puts our defense into 4-on-5 situations after he falls to the ground. I thought every other starter played a fantastic Game 4 and Tatum completely let them down on both ends of the court. It's clear all the picks GS sets against him are wearing him down faster than we can wear Curry down.

I've gone from hopeful to doubtful because I thought the key to the series was grinding the Warriors down. Instead, I don't know how much longer our defense can contain the Warriors. GS played with more vigor at the end of Game 4 than we did. It's clear Curry is going to get his 35+ and if his supporting casts ever goes off then we're really in trouble. I say double and trap Curry all game to make him pass and if Wiggins/Klay/Poole beat us then I can live with that.The Bill Belichick strategy of letting an RB run all over you because the run game can't go for 300 yards does not work in the NBA. We absolutely cannot keep daring the best shooter of all time to shoot.

Let's go Cs!

Last edited:
Yep. Time to put up or shut up. Smart is a great defender but he allowed Curry some easy wide open3's by not fighting thru picks and sticking with him. Marcus either gets lazy sometimes or he's fatigued,same with some of his horrible turnovers which are usually lazy passes. He does a lot of good things but he also makes me pull my hair out sometimes.

But let's go C's!!! You guys got this.

This loss is on you Nancy. Thanks for nothing.

Second worst officiated game in the series. Especially in the fourth. Three possessions in a row, capping it off with Poole slapping himself with Smart’s arm and then Draymond getting into Tatum and the Celtic’s bench while the ref talks him off a cliff. Unreal.

Win in Boston and close it out in the land of fake basketball fans. Celtics in seven, eat Dungeness crab.

Second worst officiated game in the series. Especially in the fourth. Three possessions in a row, capping it off with Poole slapping himself with Smart’s arm and then Draymond getting into Tatum and the Celtic’s bench while the ref talks him off a cliff. Unreal.

Win in Boston and close it out in the land of fake basketball fans. Celtics in seven, eat Dungeness crab.
18 turnovers
67% FT %

Refs ain't the problem

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference