PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics playoff run: drive for #18

Wow, what a game from Tatum, great team defense and they protected the ball. Got the road win with 4 points from Horford and Williams. Game 7!!

Wow, what a game from Tatum, great team defense and they protected the ball. Got the road win with 4 points from Horford and Williams. Game 7!!

Tatum's incredible shooting bailed them out. What had me worried was the lack of discipline offensively when they had a comfortable lead late in the third quarter. All they had to do was patiently run the offense but instead were chucking up 3-point attempts and missing, which allowed Milwaukee back in the game. They should win tomorrow.

Tatum's incredible shooting bailed them out. What had me worried was the lack of discipline offensively when they had a comfortable lead late in the third quarter. All they had to do was patiently run the offense but instead were chucking up 3-point attempts and missing, which allowed Milwaukee back in the game. They should win tomorrow.

Agree with Tatum late but really minus Horford who had an off night compared to the rest of the series offensively they all shot really welll in spite of as you point out not running an efficient offense. If they play that way again and shots aren't falling they're going to lose. They also better hope it's not a 2 or 3 point game with under a minute because the Bucks have proven to be the tougher team in that spot to this point.

Agree with Tatum late but really minus Horford who had an off night compared to the rest of the series offensively they all shot really welll in spite of as you point out not running an efficient offense. If they play that way again and shots aren't falling they're going to lose. They also better hope it's not a 2 or 3 point game with under a minute because the Bucks have proven to be the tougher team in that spot to this point.

I was saying "Why?" when they kept pulling up to shoot 3s and missing with the big lead. And sure enough, the Bucks pulled to within four. It was so unnecessary, I don't know how much control Udoka has over that. As exciting as the 3-point shot can be, sometimes I think it also can be a real detriment to team basketball.

I was saying "Why?" when they kept pulling up to shoot 3s and missing with the big lead. And sure enough, the Bucks pulled to within four. It was so unnecessary, I don't know how much control Udoka has over that. As exciting as the 3-point shot can be, sometimes I think it also can be a real detriment to team basketball.
Agreed. I think the encouraging part is so much of what the Celtics have to do is just be smart and play with effort & poise--defense, don't turn it over, rebound, and don't settle for the lazy 3's. If they do that, they should win--Giannis is a monster but the Celtics right now have a better team

Not a Celtics fan, but it would be good for the NBA if they made it back to the finals.

Warriors - Celtics would be a good matchup for TV ratings. On the other hand, Bucks vs a former champ Warriors would be good as well.

Last edited:

Same. To be fair it's an NBA thing, sadly. Holiday as well as he played launched a few head scrathers as did Yannis. If nobody is within 5 feet I get it but to your point when you're up by 11 in the 4th and there's 18 seconds left on the 24 second clock even if you are wide open there are better options.

Agreed. I think the encouraging part is so much of what the Celtics have to do is just be smart and play with effort & poise--defense, don't turn it over, rebound, and don't settle for the lazy 3's. If they do that, they should win--Giannis is a monster but the Celtics right now have a better team
Let me amplify your point.

If they play like they did in G6 they are moving on to the ECFs.

If they play like they did during the final 10min of G5 they are going home.

Poise, patience and crash the glass

Robert Willliams is still day to day, should the Celtics risk playing him today?

Bucks are currently 4 for 25 from 3 point land, Please start the 4th quarter with Smart on the bench.

Same. To be fair it's an NBA thing, sadly. Holiday as well as he played launched a few head scrathers as did Yannis. If nobody is within 5 feet I get it but to your point when you're up by 11 in the 4th and there's 18 seconds left on the 24 second clock even if you are wide open there are better options.
It appears to have damaged the strategy of the game.

With the 3-pointer so prevalent, it should open up the pass inside for easy layups.

Anyway, I think the odds are still against a title, but it's definitely fun for now
They do seem to have some momentum and chemistry.

Like the coach? He seems to have the guys' attention, at least.

Ouch, that smarts.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

He's not wearing a cup, is he?
Well he did improve his seventh game shooting stats as Smart was 2 for 9 after going 0 for 9 and 1 for 10 previously. To be fair he did have 10 assists.

What a beatdown. It's like Milwaukee wasn't even on the court in the fourth quarter. Now the Celtics' challenge is staying humble and getting this behind them.

They do seem to have some momentum and chemistry.

Like the coach? He seems to have the guys' attention, at least.
Yeah I mean how do you not love what he’s done. He’s got them playing as a team, defense first, moving the ball

There is nothing better than a team doing it sooner than you thought they would. Damn this is fun

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back