PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics playoff run: drive for #18

Celtics up by 25 at the half, it will be interesting to see how much rest the starters get in the 2nd half.

Grant had a terrific game, props to him. He’s grown a lot as a player. I am concerned about Derrick White. He is losing confidence out there on the offensive end. His poor shooting is making him more and more timid. Can’t be having that from him especially with Smart out.

Grant had a terrific game, props to him. He’s grown a lot as a player. I am concerned about Derrick White. He is losing confidence out there on the offensive end. His poor shooting is making him more and more timid. Can’t be having that from him especially with Smart out.
He’s been awful. But the first half was really encouraging tonight

not really sure how Giannis gets away with the bull in a china shop style of play. I guess when you are that level star, you get away with it. Great shooting in Game 2 but White is really bad right now and I hope Smart is able to return soon. Grant has really grown into a suburb player for us.

Well game 3 was a tough one for sure. So many what ifs there, but at the end of the day, if your top guy plays as bad as Tatum did, you're probably not winning. The fact that the game was soclose is probably a good sign

I think they win tonight and get home court back

Great game from Horford. Tatum finally got it going. Bucks have the best player, but he's worn down by the 4th quarter

Back to Boston with home court. Keep it rolling

Al was amazing. I remember watching from earlier in the season and realizing that he was the same player that was with us before he was just struggling to hit threes. But damn once his shooting came back he’s been great for us. Awesome defender.

Ballsy win though. Their backs were against the wall and they responded. If Al and Tatum don’t do off there the series is effectively over. Another good sign is those two great fourth quarters and Giannis getting exhausted from carrying the team. Celts have more firepower, get the dub in Boston and put them on their heels!

Al was amazing. I remember watching from earlier in the season and realizing that he was the same player that was with us before he was just struggling to hit threes. But damn once his shooting came back he’s been great for us. Awesome defender.

Ballsy win though. Their backs were against the wall and they responded. If Al and Tatum don’t do off there the series is effectively over. Another good sign is those two great fourth quarters and Giannis getting exhausted from carrying the team. Celts have more firepower, get the dub in Boston and put them on their heels!

Yes Giannis was exhausted by Q4, so was Holiday. Ime did not play Grant in Q4, interesting move, stuck with White to push the ball and defend the perimeter, not afraid of Giannis. It all worked. If the Celtics can shoot better in Q1 and Q2 they can win this series.

it was 4-0 and i turned it off. I cant watch these officials continue to poorly manage the game. And truly it's both teams that are getting screwed,

I watched the highlights this morning...Al Horford was amazing!

I love that Horford went crazy because he felt challenged by Giannis. I don’t love that he talked about it to the press

We need a big night from Tatum. Super stars are made in the playoffs...let's go!

BOOOOOO!!!! Marcus Smart. BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :mad:

I'm confused, was that a designed play call for Smart on the 2nd to last possesion? There are thousands of kids right now asking mom to get the green out of their hair.

Last edited:
I'm confused, was that a designed play call for Smart on the 2nd to last possesion? There are thousands of kids right now asking mon to get the green out of their hair.

That guy is so damn maddening. He comes through with big 3-pointers then had what, three missed plays in the closing seconds. Or was it four?

Last edited:
That guy is so damn maddening. He comes through with big 3-pointers then had what, three missed plays in the closing seconds. Or was it four?
Crazy to have the ball in his hands with a few seconds left. And you’ve got to get that offensive rebound off the ft miss. And you can’t blow a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter. At home. Bad choke

I mean, frickin’ smart turns it over up 3 with 40-something seconds too. Why is he trying to be a damn hero

Grrrrrrrrr

this whole team is full of selfish hero's. You look at the stat line and see Tatum put up 34 pts (12/29), 6 RB, and 4 assists. 41% from the field. He kept missing 3s (2/11) so you think he would try something different like drive to the basket, or drive a dish...something. Every time he missed a shot he was complaining to the refs. The refs have been horrible but Jesus, Tatum is too busy *****ing instead of getting back and playing D. I will say this, he is not half the player Brown is. Tatum wants so badly to be a star and be like Kobe, but he cant even be like the most mediocre player in the league. Kobe is rolling over in his grave watch this guy play. I will get a bunch of crap for this but i am all for trading Tatum. Trade him to a **** team where he is the only good player and they don't expect to win. that would be perfect for him and his ego. He could put up numbers and go **** off. We should be able to get a couple of 1st rd picks for him and maybe a big to help rebound at least. I'm done with Tatum

Well here we go

Defense, don't turn it over. Agree with others about knocking off the whining about the refs

I will say this, if they pull it off, it won't be with 2 games that go to the wire--not with the best player on the other side. Giannis is going to be a monster tonight. If the Celtics can keep it close and pull it off, I actually really like their chances in game 7

Forced to choose, I think it ends tonight with game 5 being one of those games that haunt teams & their fans. But I think they've got a shot

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back