PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics playoff run: drive for #18

I refuse to call this Celtics team a Boston sports team. Jaylen Brown and Robert Williams are the only ones who showed grit.

Horford hung in there. But man, you could see the defeat on their faces in the first half. These last three games they seemed dispirited. They got hot in spurts but didn't appear committed to exerting their will when it was there for the taking.

He might be a steadying influence but does Udoka overall seem maybe a bit too mild-mannered?

Tatum, what exactly is he? Average, max player?
He's young and still putting it together. This is his first real season where people considered him in that super star tier. He probably will hit his career stride next year or the year after. I think people still underestimate how young he is. He does need to hurry it up though.

Horford hung in there. But man, you could see the defeat on their faces in the first half. These last three games they seemed dispirited. They got hot in spurts but didn't appear committed to exerting their will when it was there for the taking.

He might be a steadying influence but does Udoka overall seem maybe a bit too mild-mannered?
Udoka needs Parker badly for offense.

Again, I'll say it, the Celtics were probably the best overall team in basketball but they get way too sloppy and ice cold for stretches and it bites them in the ass. They didn't deserve to win this series and the Warriors were seasoned enough to make them pay for their flaws. It was something I feared all playoffs. They go from being unbelievably dominant to all of a sudden dropping the ball mid dribble, falling over, taking senseless 3's that don't account for game situation, and just becoming amatuerish. The team that showed up in game 3 could have beat this team. However, when they had a chance to really take this series away and go up 3-1 they blew it in spectacular fashion and then went 0-3 to finish off this series.

They need discipline and honestly I have to put some blame on the coaching. Inconsistancy was a huge issue.

Also they need a PG who can actually dictate the offense

They need someone like Chris Paul.

First thing I always look at in a series: who is the best player on both teams? The gap between Curry and Tatum was about 20 million miles in this series. One guy was a legend and the other was a liability. You can’t overcome that in the NBA.

Golden State is now 4-2 in recent NBA championships…that’s getting close to Patriots territory lol

Bob Kraft is sitting courtside. Guy must have money and connections.
Ever since Krafty gave them his little speach, Celtics went 0-3. They need to ban him from the Garden.

Tatum, what exactly is he? Average, max player?
He's what I said he was early in the season, the most overrated player in the NBA.
In his post game interview he didn't look upset as much as he looked relieved that the heat was off.
He's a quitter.

Ever since Krafty gave them his little speach, Celtics went 0-3. They need to ban him from the Garden.

I heard Celtics brass requested a locker room appearance by Tom Brady but his publicist said he was busy shooting an underwear commercial.

I heard Celtics brass requested a locker room appearance by Tom Brady but his publicist said he was busy shooting an underwear commercial.
Don't blame them for inviting Tom. Ever since he left Boston, none of the Boston teams have won sh*t.

Don't blame them for inviting Tom. Ever since he left Boston, none of the Boston teams have won sh*t.

Don't try to hide how happy that makes you. The rest of us here want OUR teams to do well.

Well, that was a really disappointing end to what had been a very fun season. I can't recall the last time a player's stock fluctuated as much as Tatum's during these playoffs. It was like he's a top 10 player....then after the Milwaukee series, top 5...now who knows what he is. He absolutely vanished. Whether it will turn out that's who he is or he'll use this to become something else, we will see.

Another year will help Ime, but I feel good about him at the helm. The White trade had huge swings too, man. Looked like he was going to be an important piece to a title, now...not so much. I do feel, as others have said, an actual point guard would help. Certainly in 4th quarters when they get SO tight. But you need to have a half-court offense you can depend on. Tatum and Brown need to improve their ballhandling. Williams will be a monster for years to come.

There's a lot to be optimistic about. We'll see what they do. A weird silver lining of falling off the stage at the end like they did is that it's not much of a heartbreaker. They got beat by a better team. What they do with that is the next chapter in the story.

If in December you told me the C's would be up 2-1 over the Warriors in the NBA Finals I would have had you committed to Bridgwater State Hospital.

The loss hurts and was certainly a missed opportunity. However i'm super-excited for the future.

Hope the young core learns from this and can take that next step.

Don't try to hide how happy that makes you. The rest of us here want OUR teams to do well.

Don’t you get it? Tommy’s presence alone in NE was the reason the Bruins, Red Sox, and Celtics won championships over the past two decades…

Don’t you get it? Tommy’s presence alone in NE was the reason the Bruins, Red Sox, and Celtics won championships over the past two decades…
Says the turd that roots against the Bruins and Red Sox. Lol
SmartSelect_20220316-121633_Firefox.jpg
20200924_085628.jpg

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing