PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics playoff run: drive for #18

Agreed. I think Danny deserves a lot of credit for where we are. He drafted Tatum, Brown, and Rob Williams. Either superstars, stars, or future stars in the league. Drafted Smart who is DPOY.

Drafted good role players like Grant Williams and Pritchard. Drafted good players who have ended up elsewhere like Rozier.

Danny was a good drafter and he put together a lot of good/great teams. Nothing but appreciation for Danny in his time here.
100%

It's such a massive challenge in a league where you can easily get stuck in the middle for years and years. He did the hardest thing of pivoting away from a championship team to build a new one. He wrung all he could from the big 3 and then rebuilt. Even with some terrible luck (I'd love to see the alternate universe where Hayward doesn't get hurt opening night), and misfires (Kyrie & Kemba) he kept working to make it happen while drafting the team we see today on the cusp of returning to the finals. So satisfying to have a home-grown team with this kind of success (and Horford sorta feels that way too). Just a great job. (Never shoulda traded Perkins though)

Now win tonight and get some rest

100%

It's such a massive challenge in a league where you can easily get stuck in the middle for years and years. He did the hardest thing of pivoting away from a championship team to build a new one. He wrung all he could from the big 3 and then rebuilt. Even with some terrible luck (I'd love to see the alternate universe where Hayward doesn't get hurt opening night), and misfires (Kyrie & Kemba) he kept working to make it happen while drafting the team we see today on the cusp of returning to the finals. So satisfying to have a home-grown team with this kind of success (and Horford sorta feels that way too). Just a great job. (Never shoulda traded Perkins though)

Now win tonight and get some rest
Danny should get a ****-ton of credit and was a great GM.

The starting 5 is all Danny. Big Al doesn't agree to the trade w/o knowing what was here.

Last edited:
Rob and Smart available, Herro out for them again. No excuse to lose this one.

Rob and Smart available, Herro out for them again. No excuse to lose this one.
unless they allow 1 for 7 Marcus Smart to keep shooting.

Ok, it’s there for the taking. Rebound, limit the turnovers, smart and patient on offense. Better half from Horford and Smart. Let’s do it.

ugh

To give Miami credit, Butler was immense, they shot lights out from 3. Got the job done

Some brutal calls down the stretch against the Celtics. Which I hate to point out, but jeez. One call against Tatum on a drive, there's not another superstar in the league who gets that called against him. Come on

But execution too. Tie game with 2 minutes left. Back to back possessions, Brown misses 2 free throws, then next possession, Smart dribbles the 24 second clock down to 3-4 seconds, doing nothing, and bricks a three. That's just atrocious.

So I dunno. They've been a great road team, but wow. Why has Pritchard been buried? Just hated the feel of this game.

Ok, it’s there for the taking. Rebound, limit the turnovers, smart and patient on offense. Better half from Horford and Smart. Let’s do it.

How many three-pointers did Marcus miss? You jinxed them. (Along with the referees, that is.) What a debacle. I think they had to win this one for a chance to beat Golden State, even if they prevail in Miami on Sunday.

Throw home court advantage out the window. It just hasn’t applied in this series. Hoping that remains true for game 7.

Very funny wise guy

I know what you mean, but they’ll still have three days off. I’m just not so sure they’ll win

The Celtics should not be favored Sunday -- it's a 50-50 toss-up. Two things I can't believe from last night: how well Miami shot and how bad the officiating was.

Three days off = two days off with one day travel. After a second consecutive seven-game series. The only factor in Boston's favor is relative youth, but they'd be entering a buzzsaw vs. the Warriors. I hope they get there but it's a tough road.

Last edited:
That was a tough loss. I still feel that we should win Game 7 if the team doesn’t let it get in their heads. I’m not as pissed off about this game as I was in previous ones because this was not so much a collapse but Miami played really really well. Jimmy Butler was unbelievable.

Tip your cap. This is why you ignore talking heads telling you the series is a wrap and the other team is finished. Anything can happen in a single game.

Last edited:
Miami was making unbelievable 3's (far out/ no time on the clock) Butler was outstanding. Can Miami win 2 in a row?

As a Lakers fan, I'm rooting for the Celtics to make the NBA Finals as it's better for the NBA.

Media is rooting for Miami so they can travel there.

I’m not as pissed off about this game as I was in previous ones because this was not so much a collapse but Miami played really really well
Smart and Horford and Brown were bad. Butler played out of his mind and probably can’t repeat it and Lowry had a better game than I thought he was capable of. Miami had a bunch of buzzer beaters. All that and the game was tied with a couple of minutes left. Home court is meaningless.

Celtics should win, but of course it’s game seven so you never know.

Herro playing. Celts should go at him early and often

Terrible end of the half. So far Miami looks like the tougher team and Butler looks like the best player. 30 minutes to turn that around.

Terrible end of the half. So far Miami looks like the tougher team and Butler looks like the best player. 30 minutes to turn that around.

Marcus Smart tried to save it for Miami and failed. Good thing he made those two free throws! :whistle::whistle:

Warriors are going to be a problem

Whatever happened at the end, happened. The bottom line is that they won. They made it all the way to the NBA finals. Nobody thought they would get that far if you rewind to January. It’s an incredible turnaround and they are over the hump.

Give them credit and give the Heat credit. Those ****ers battled to the end both of these games. Coming into Miami to close them off after not being able to on home court takes balls. And they did it.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back