PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics playoff run: drive for #18

This could be a great series for NBA fans. I’m looking forward to it. I was dreading the prospect of Heat/Warriors, which for whatever reason seemed destined to be a snoozer and probably a 4-1 beat down. Just didn’t see a fun, exciting series there.

I’ll be 1000% behind the Celtics, but it will be weird after living in the Bay Area for years and lukewarm rooting for the Warriors over the west teams, LeBron, etc.

The time is now for the Celtics. Years and years of strategy, draft picks, etc. They’ve built a championship caliber team and this series is very winnable. Warriors are favored but not by much. I think the Celtics will matchup pretty well. Obviously, the Warriors are an amazing team, so it’s not like you can expect the Celtics to win easily, but I think the Celtics can do what few teams can: suffocate them and slow down the tempo. The Heat were tough because both teams share the same strengths. This will be interesting. The Celtics can do it. Good for the brain trust to be patient and build a team from the ground up.

The Celtics were definitely worn out last night. But they're a mostly young team and they'll get a couple days rest. Would be great to steal the opener.

I was checking out NESN's website and a story was posted speculating on who could be a surprise Celtic Finals MVP choice. As I clicked on it I just kept kept muttering don't be Marcus Smart and sure enough it was Marcus, He's a 38-1 betting choice but this NESN talking head is an idiot,

Celtics need to tighten up and not make the mental errors they’ve made to give some games away over the last two series. GSW has too much of a championship pedigree to give gifts too. I firmly believe the Celtics are the better team, but they need to play like it.

defense will be the key, as usual, in this series. We will not stop Curry but we need to try and slow him down. It will be no small feat since he can hit a jumper from anywhere inside the building

defense will be the key, as usual, in this series. We will not stop Curry but we need to try and slow him down. It will be no small feat since he can hit a jumper from anywhere inside the building
We'll see, with DPOY on him it could be a lot tougher for him to get in his rhythm. Should be fun to watch.

I really hope the refs lay down the law (i.e. , call it correctly) early in the series regarding moving screens. It is beyond annoying at this point and even more annoying when they call it randomly or because someone overreacts to a pick.

I think they need to steal either game 1 or 2 and come home tied which isn't out of the realm of possibility given their stellar road record in the playoffs (6-2 IIRC) to have realistic possibility MKK

We'll see, with DPOY on him it could be a lot tougher for him to get in his rhythm. Should be fun to watch.

I really hope the refs lay down the law (i.e. , call it correctly) early in the series regarding moving screens. It is beyond annoying at this point and even more annoying when they call it randomly or because someone overreacts to a pick.
I agree. Defense wins championships and all starters received a defensive vote.

I'm watching very closely Porter's availability for this series.

Aside from Green IMO hes is the only guy who can give JT or JB some resistance.

I'm watching very closely Porter's availability for this series.

Aside from Green IMO hes is the only guy who can give JT or JB some resistance.
Andrew Wiggins can also defend reasonably well.

Warriors in 6.

As a Lakers fan, I'm rooting for the Celtics to make the NBA Finals as it's better for the NBA.

Media is rooting for Miami so they can travel there.
What's a Lakers fan doing with a picture of Brady as his avatar and what the heck is this world coming to? :)

As a former NBA fan who's rooting for the Celts for all of those Boston fans who had to suffer through a decade of losses, I'm pulling for the C's. Screw what's better for the NBA.

I have to admit that I'm coming from a far different place than most of the fans here. I come from a time when the NBA was pure, when travelling was travelling and a pick didn't resemble a pulling guard in the NYFL. When palming was actually a violation and not something that Al Horford did every time he dribbled the ball. Or a place where 7 footers didn't often throw up air balls from 25 feet.

I also come from a place where Red traded the top pick in the draft to the Golden State Warriors (hmmm) for the 3rd pick and Robert Parrish (so GS could pick Joe Barry Carrol) and then picked Kevin McHale (who Red was probably going to pick anyway) and added Larry Bird to the mix and viola, instant winner.

I haven't bet on an NBA game in many years but I'm putting my moola on the Celtics. I won't bother watching though. The NBA is a frustrating game to watch now.

What's a Lakers fan doing with a picture of Brady as his avatar and what the heck is this world coming to? :)
I grew up and reside in Southern California. As a young kid, I started as a "Raiders/Rams fan". Bo Jackson was my favorite player. But didn't like it when they both moved. So I started started watching the Pats when they were occasionally on TV and found out Willie McGinest was from Southern California. I ended up liking the rest of the team. They had some of the best names in pro football and their swagger was ahead of the times.
I have to admit that I'm coming from a far different place than most of the fans here. I come from a time when the NBA was pure, when travelling was travelling and a pick didn't resemble a pulling guard in the NYFL. When palming was actually a violation and not something that Al Horford did every time he dribbled the ball. Or a place where 7 footers didn't often throw up air balls from 25 feet.
The NBA was better back then.

I grew up and reside in Southern California. As a young kid, I started as a "Raiders/Rams fan". Bo Jackson was my favorite player. But didn't like it when they both moved. So I started started watching the Pats when they were occasionally on TV and found out Willie McGinest was from Southern California. I ended up liking the rest of the team. They had some of the best names in pro football and their swagger was ahead of the times.

So Cal huh? My oldest son and I talked about how we both wish that my grandparents settled there rather than the northeast.

The thing that bothers me most about the current NBA is the lack of respect given to the greatest player of all time, Bill Russell.

overreaction (flopping) is an issue for me. How the refs are so easily fooled by this is beyond me. Also, one of the worst refs in the game has been assigned in this series. Prepare for some bull@#$%

Past couple of weeks i've been watching the 1984 Celtics/Lakers series on youtube.

I watched it all live when I was a teenager but not the full games since then.

8 HoF on the floor.

Larry
McHale
Parish
DJ
KAJ
Magic
Worthy
McAdoo (past his prime then but before he got hurt was having a helluva series)

overreaction (flopping) is an issue for me. How the refs are so easily fooled by this is beyond me. Also, one of the worst refs in the game has been assigned in this series. Prepare for some bull@#$%
Lowry is the only guy who was really bugging me. Watching that roly-poly oaf rolling around the court was kinda funny at times, except it was working! Crazy

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back