PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics playoff run: drive for #18

The NBA is a frustrating game to watch now

The NBA was better back then.

8 HoF on the floor
I think some of this might be related. I've fallen off the game a little in past years mostly because of how the 3-pointer has come to dominate. It's just less involving than watching guys hone their skills on the inside. It's a flaw of the game--mathematically, the 3 makes sense. It sort of reminds me of the periodic suggestions about making field goals in football being worth more, which would weirdly incentivize teams to go backward. No turning back though.

And it's also what an amazing product the NBA was with Bird/Magic etc, through Jordan. Having said that, the Celtics have been pretty damn fun to watch since January, particularly the playoffs, so here's to a great series (even though the games are on so damn late grumble grumble)

I think some of this might be related. I've fallen off the game a little in past years mostly because of how the 3-pointer has come to dominate. It's just less involving than watching guys hone their skills on the inside. It's a flaw of the game--mathematically, the 3 makes sense. It sort of reminds me of the periodic suggestions about making field goals in football being worth more, which would weirdly incentivize teams to go backward. No turning back though.

And it's also what an amazing product the NBA was with Bird/Magic etc, through Jordan. Having said that, the Celtics have been pretty damn fun to watch since January, particularly the playoffs, so here's to a great series (even though the games are on so damn late grumble grumble)
Widen the court by six feet total and mover the line back to make the three pointer a harder shot. Teams will stop taking those threes as frequently (except the few freaks like Curry) The amount of three pointer teams take makes the game boring.

Widen the court by six feet total and mover the line back to make the three pointer a harder shot. Teams will stop taking those threes as frequently (except the few freaks like Curry) The amount of three pointer teams take makes the game boring.
I lost a lot of interest when the game became a 3-point contest. That being said...I'm watching the series...of course.

I have to say, I have zero idea how this is going to play out. A 15 point lead by either team in the first quarter wouldn’t shock me

Ok, assuming Curry isn’t going to average 84 points a game, this can only get better

Amazing 4th quarter. For most of the game I felt they were playing catch up, they’d come within a few points or tie and then GS would pull away again. Just a dominating performance outscoring them 40-16 in the end.

Dubs looked more stunned than I expected in the postgame pressers. Thompson almost had the “Eckersley after the Gibson bomb” look.
I noticed that. They were definitely rattled which is a great sign because I thought GSW’s championship experience was going to show. Maybe not.

What a great example of a team win. The 4th quarter went from Brown to White to Horford, everyone chipping in. Loved seeing the Pritchard minutes. Now they get to rest again.

Fourth quarter had the feel of a team that realized they have arrived.

What a great example of a team win. The 4th quarter went from Brown to White to Horford, everyone chipping in. Loved seeing the Pritchard minutes. Now they get to rest again.

RW III looked much better last night than he did in G6 and G7 vs MIA. Even if it's a couple of days off it has to be huge for him.

Perhaps the most impressive TEAM playoff win I've ever seen by the Celtics. Our main guy gets bottled up, everyone else finds the next gear. Warriors players looked disoriented in the fourth quarter getting hit from all sides. I wish I had recorded this one, anyone know when/where a replay is available? I want to see that fourth quarter again.

Perhaps the most impressive TEAM playoff win I've ever seen by the Celtics. Our main guy gets bottled up, everyone else finds the next gear. Warriors players looked disoriented in the fourth quarter getting hit from all sides. I wish I had recorded this one, anyone know when/where a replay is available? I want to see that fourth quarter again.
I just watched Q4 again. Incredible.

Lots of great playoff wins by the C's but that was up there.

When they were down by 20 late in the 3Q vs LA in G4 08 and won was also epic.

Been a C's fan since early 60's and agree 100%.
Total team effort.
And Tatum had a really good game. Whaaat?? Let me 'splain:
He knew after a while his shots just weren't going down. A good part of that was GS defense was focused on stopping him. He never got frustrated. He dished out 13 assists and only 2 turnovers while playing his usual stellar defense.
Going back to the incredible turnaround this season that started back in January, Tatum becoming unselfish and utilizing his passing skills plus the fact he became a great defender, were 2 of the main catalysts of that turnaround. And the White trade.
As a fan, what I really admire is how this team went from what was an unlikable team the last 2 years to a really likeable one. We all love winning but its more than that. They became a TEAM instead of 2 guys going iso 1 on 1 on most plays. And EVERYBODY plats defense. Thats how Pritchard earned his minutes.
GS is tough and a long way to go but C's are fun to watch again and have a legit shot at the title.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back