PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics playoff run: drive for #18

More on the immaturity factor: Tatum and Smart rolling around on the floor in agony like they had season-ending injuries then coming back to play like nothing happened was a bit much. Especially in Tatum's case. OK, so maybe his shoulder was hurting and that somewhat explains having a bad game, but playing dead while nine other guys are running around was histrionic. For that matter the way Smart carried on people thought his ankle was broken.
Yeah, it was like when Pierce needed a wheelchair. Come on guys

Also, I was going to compliment them the last game for not whining to the refs, well so much for that. It was more of the same, so sick of that

And how can a player as good as brown seem incapable of dribbling

Look, the Celtics are the better team and should still win the series. But the problem with continually digging yourself into these holes is that at some point you might not be able to pull off the comeback and then you’re out

Hopefully Williams can stay on the damn court, they can play with poise and stop turning the ball over, and play tough. Do that and they should win, and if they don’t do that they don’t deserve to win.

Tatum had 3 made shots and had 11 misses and 6 turnovers. But the turnovers don't tell the whole story on paper because most of them were unforced horrible passes. He looked like he drank a bottle of LSD before the game. There's no way an NBA team can win when their superstar player is the very worst player on the court. When he came out, the Celtics got the lead way down, and I was yelling for them to keep him on the bench with a few minutes left. Sure enough he promptly went in and ruined the momentum with another moronic turnover.

@Tunescribe I don't know how you can fault Smart for going to the locker room after that injury. Did you see the replay? He probably thought he broke it, as he completely rolled his ankle. I've done that to my ankle and actually broken it. I've also done that to my ankle quite a few times and it turned out to be sprained, or sometimes it was was even fine after walking it off for ten minutes.

Anyway, Smart is so important to that team. Not only his defense but he makes the offense run so much better, too. Without him, they have no one who moves the ball around well and creates shots for others. I think he's a better version of Draymond Green or Bruce Bowen, a guy a championship team absolutely needs even though he doesn't show up in the box score so much. But the superstars need to get the job done too. Tatum was just other worldly bad last night, and there's no sense blaming coaching or any other player for the loss. They would have won even if he'd play like a relatively bad game for him, and I think they would have won if he hadn't played at all.

Tatum had 3 made shots and had 11 misses and 6 turnovers. But the turnovers don't tell the whole story on paper because most of them were unforced horrible passes. He looked like he drank a bottle of LSD before the game. There's no way an NBA team can win when their superstar player is the very worst player on the court. When he came out, the Celtics got the lead way down, and I was yelling for them to keep him on the bench with a few minutes left. Sure enough he promptly went in and ruined the momentum with another moronic turnover.

@Tunescribe I don't know how you can fault Smart for going to the locker room after that injury. Did you see the replay? He probably thought he broke it, as he completely rolled his ankle. I've done that to my ankle and actually broken it. I've also done that to my ankle quite a few times and it turned out to be sprained, or sometimes it was was even fine after walking it off for ten minutes.

Anyway, Smart is so important to that team. Not only his defense but he makes the offense run so much better, too. Without him, they have no one who moves the ball around well and creates shots for others. I think he's a better version of Draymond Green or Bruce Bowen, a guy a championship team absolutely needs even though he doesn't show up in the box score so much. But the superstars need to get the job done too. Tatum was just other worldly bad last night, and there's no sense blaming coaching or any other player for the loss. They would have won even if he'd play like a relatively bad game for him, and I think they would have won if he hadn't played at all.

I don't fault either Smart or Tatum for going to the locker room to be checked out, they just seemed to play up the drama. I suppose I'd give Smart more of a pass in retrospect, Tatum might get an Academy Award nomination.

The new NBA - routinely squander big leads in game/series or win a game on the road taking home court advantage, only to lose at home the very next game.

To me the strange thing about Tatum's awful game was earlier I saw an article that Tatum was on pace to score more playoff points than any Celtic in history.

The Celtics are talented enough to win the title. But my concern all year was they had a tendency to just have dud games at bad times. The last series shouldn't have went to game 7 either. If they win this series, facing GSW who have championship experience is going to be quite a test

The Celtics are talented enough to win the title. But my concern all year was they had a tendency to just have dud games at bad times. The last series shouldn't have went to game 7 either. If they win this series, facing GSW who have championship experience is going to be quite a test
They seem to need to have their backs against the wall a little to really turn it up. Seems likely they'll win tonight pretty easily (unless that's what they think too, then they won't). But if they do, they can't come on out flat for game 5 with the thinking they can do the down 3-2 thing again.

Looks like Williams is out. A little frustrating, he can’t seem to stay on the floor lately
because he was rushed back IMO and needs solid rest for his repaired knee

because he was rushed back IMO and needs solid rest for his repaired knee
Yea, and this is such a physical series. Smart is hurt again, they're all getting worn down, which is another reason why the game 3 loss stings so much. Even if they survive the series, looks like they're facing a rested GS team

Smart’s out. Damn this team has trouble staying healthy

I have a feeling Pritchard will get at least 20 points tonight.

Brown turning it over is gonna be the end of me

Its amazing .with a 30 point lead 69-39 yet the Celtics are 4 for 22 from 3 point land

The Celtics are banged up. Is Smart and Williams III OK? Tatum's right shoulder is still bothering him.

How good does the Al Horford for Kemba Walker trade look right now? Also the Derrick White trade? Brad did well as the GM. Danny drafted well, but I think Brad trades better.

Pretty clear, Time Lord is the x factor in this series.
In the lineup, Miami has no game inside
Out of the lineup, Miami goes to the hoop

Pretty clear, Time Lord is the x factor in this series.
In the lineup, Miami has no game inside
Out of the lineup, Miami goes to the hoop
He’s key for sure. And for a guy with five points, Horford was pretty immense too. Miami’s starting lineup had 18 points total, that’s gotta be some kind of record

Here is how I fear this thing unfolds: Celtics quit early in game five, get blown out. Heat quit early in game six, get blown out. Celtics trail by 10-plus most of game seven, close to within 2 points and the last three minutes boil down to a dual between Tatum and Butler.

Here is how I fear this thing unfolds: Celtics quit early in game five, get blown out. Heat quit early in game six, get blown out. Celtics trail by 10-plus most of game seven, close to within 2 points and the last three minutes boil down to a dual between Tatum and Butler.
until the final missed shot by Marcus Smart.

I could see it. But damn, if the Celtics are healthy they really oughta win game 5

I could see it. But damn, if the Celtics are healthy they really oughta win game 5

Is Robert Williams III healthy? He was limping again in the last game. What is up with him? He is too slight to defend Giannis well, but he is a monster in the paint against the Heat.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back