PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

Too much Tatum and Brown iso ball - figure it out guys.
And there's the problem. How long have we been saying this? At a certain point we might just have to accept this is what we've got

This is a title or bust year for these guys, and their only path to a banner might just be hitting their threes at a high enough clip where they win the games comfortably

Be honest here: who do feel most comfortable getting inbounded the ball with 5 seconds left down 2? We all know the answer and you’re lying if you say anyone other than Derrick White. He’ll either find the right matchup and pass or find a quality shot. Tatum and Brown are black holes in that situation.

Anyone notice that heads up foul by White on Aaron Gordon (62% FT shooter) at the end of the game?

Be honest here: who do feel most comfortable getting inbounded the ball with 5 seconds left down 2? We all know the answer and you’re lying if you say anyone other than Derrick White. He’ll either find the right matchup and pass or find a quality shot. Tatum and Brown are black holes in that situation.

Anyone notice that heads up foul by White on Aaron Gordon (62% FT shooter) at the end of the game?
Funny to think that before the season started, I really was hoping that Jrue would take this role. But I agree with you 100%. White just seems to be the smartest player and best play maker on the floor whenever he is out there.

J Brown with a triple double. :oops:

Totally forgot about the game only to be tortured for 3 hours by the Chiefs game.

J Brown with a triple double. :oops:
He had a great game. But Porzingis was the best Celtic last night. Pritchard and Kornet very good as well.
DWhite had a few very uncharacteristic boneheaded things and was 3:3 assists to turnovers which is not good.
Brown, oth, had 10 assists vs. 3 turnovers which is very good.
Tatum played well defensively but sucked offensively. Brissett also was good as usual.
And Joe Mazzula was excellent last night.

Lid on the bucket tonight :mad:

Celtics have played the tough part of their schedule. Would be great if they don’t get psyched out in Miami. I’s a much easier schedule the rest of the way. Long homestand coming up. No more brutal back to backs on road vs quality teams. Only a few tough road games remaining. I expect they’ll widen their lead significantly since Philly and Milwaukee have had pretty easy schedules so far.

1705983611601.png
1705983643132.png
1705983670886.png

Celtics have played the tough part of their schedule. Would be great if they don’t get psyched out in Miami. I’s a much easier schedule the rest of the way. Long homestand coming up. No more brutal back to backs on road vs quality teams. Only a few tough road games remaining. I expect they’ll widen their lead significantly since Philly and Milwaukee have had pretty easy schedules so far.

View attachment 56137
View attachment 56138
View attachment 56139

Great post. Thanks a million.

Seems like a lopsided trade in favor of Heat. At least Lowry won’t hit 16 consecutive clutch shots against every game.

Seems like a lopsided trade in favor of Heat. At least Lowry won’t hit 16 consecutive clutch shots against every game.

Hornets aren’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future so it makes sense to get something for him. Not expecting the Heat to fall off but who knows in 2027.

Who knows though maybe there would’ve been a higher bidder at the deadline.

I was never a Terry Rozier fan. Not a consistent enough shooter - way too streaky and inconsistent for me. This year 46%/36% from the field and threes. Lowry has fallen off a lot, his contract is high and expiring, so the Heat dumped him. But I am not sure what the Heat see in Rozier, I would have thought they could have gotten a better player for an expiring contract dump and a 1st.

I was never a Terry Rozier fan. Not a consistent enough shooter - way too streaky and inconsistent for me. This year 46%/36% from the field and threes. Lowry has fallen off a lot, his contract is high and expiring, so the Heat dumped him. But I am not sure what the Heat see in Rozier, I would have thought they could have gotten a better player for an expiring contract dump and a 1st.
Watching tonight. It’s only Terry’s second game with the Heat but it looks like it could be a poor fit for him with them already having Tyler Herro. Their offensive game feels the same. Not sure there is a clear hierarchy there. As a player who is used to being a top scorer for his team that’s not great.

We saw how he struggled in 2018. Didn’t know his place on the totem pole.

Basically unstoppable when they spread the shot attempts around evenly like this.

1706237082847.png

Just wow. Shooting pct just ridiculous.
Look at the box score and zero in on 3's.
Dont think I've ever seen an entire team shoot 3's like that. I mean everybody.

Watching tonight. It’s only Terry’s second game with the Heat but it looks like it could be a poor fit for him with them already having Tyler Herro. Their offensive game feels the same. Not sure there is a clear hierarchy there. As a player who is used to being a top scorer for his team that’s not great.

We saw how he struggled in 2018. Didn’t know his place on the totem pole.
Rozier is not a point guard. Heat dont really have one and thats a problem.
Like you said, it's redundant with him and Herro. I got a lotta,respect for Riley and Spoelstra but it kinda feels like a panic move
C's have 3. Jrue,DWhite and Pritchard can all handle the rock and dish dimes

I think the Pacers are the second toughest playoff team in the east

Just wow. Shooting pct just ridiculous.
Look at the box score and zero in on 3's.
Dont think I've ever seen an entire team shoot 3's like that. I mean everybody.
Yea, 55%. Ridiculous

No doubt this team can win games by 30. It's almost weird to watch them now, because it's fun, but for the ultimate goal it's really almost entirely about health and how they handle closer games

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back