PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Eric Rowe to sign with Miami.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really couldn’t. Loop the video and watch it as many times as you need to. By the time his head turns away front Ben, with the ball still in Ben’s hands mind you, he’s a half a step away from Gilmore and the WR he’s covering. Had he not try to go underneath, he’s trucking Gilmore and two guys are wide open from there with Gilmore’s guy likely going for 6.
His head being turned toward the qb is wrong in the first place. It's man coverage and he's trying to take a peak when he should just be sticking to his guy. The situation also dictates that allowing a short completion is ok, as long as a big play is not allowed. Another reason why he should not be looking at the qb in the first place.

His head being turned toward the qb is wrong in the first place. It's man coverage and he's trying to take a peak when he should just be sticking to his guy. The situation also dictates that allowing a short completion is ok, as long as a big play is not allowed. Another reason why he should not be looking at the qb in the first place.
Jesus I can’t believe I’m defending Rowe here, but you do realize many CBs peak at the quarterback in man, right? That’s not an uncommon occurrence. It allows them to undercut or anctipate throws and make plays on the ball. Yes, it’s against technique, but it’s something they all do. That changes nothing about the fact that it was a designed pick play which is supposed to be illegal. He had two choices - either truck Gilmore or cut underneath and try to tackle JuJu in pursuit. He made the right now and would have been in fine position to make the tackle while trailing had Glitch not decided to do his own impression of a bowling ball.

1) He had to avoid a clear pick
2) He WON the game 3 plays later

You may want to re-watch.

That was one of the best endings evah. I still get a grin when I think of the way Big Ben and Triplin screwed up.

And this guy

Eric-Rowe-vs-Julio-Jones-Patriots-Falcons-Super-Bowl-LI-copy.jpg

The first catch lost us the Superbowl. The second one, almost did.

Come on now - that was one of the prettiest throws and catches I've ever seen in my life. Rowe had perfect coverage. Other guys get paid, too. There was the tiniest of windows, and even then, it took one of the best receivers in the league to make a great catch.

Jesus I can’t believe I’m defending Rowe here, but you do realize many CBs peak at the quarterback in man, right? That’s not an uncommon occurrence. It allows them to undercut or anctipate throws and make plays on the ball. Yes, it’s against technique, but it’s something they all do. That changes nothing about the fact that it was a designed pick play which is supposed to be illegal. He had two choices - either truck Gilmore or cut underneath and try to tackle JuJu in pursuit. He made the right now and would have been in fine position to make the tackle while trailing had Glitch not decided to do his own impression of a bowling ball.
The situational awareness on Rowe's part was poor. The clock dictated that all he had to do was keep his man in front of him. It doesn't matter that cb's do it all the time, smart cb's play to the situation

The situational awareness on Rowe's part was poor. The clock dictated that all he had to do was keep his man in front of him. It doesn't matter that cb's do it all the time, smart cb's play to the situation

Let me try this another way because honestly you’re not far off - literally the only reason why peaking at the QB backfired was because of the illegal pick play. If not for that, Rowe was in fine position to prevent that from being a big play. Even after that, he was in position to prevent it while trailing until Richards came in like a wrecking ball.

Contract terms from last night: #Dolphins are signing former #Patriots CB Eric Rowe to a 1-year deal worth up to $4.5M. Reunited with Brian Flores.

One has to wonder when Vrabel,Patricia and Flores will be done signing Patriots...LOL

Miami will shorltly be called New England South .

If I hear anyone saying miami is New England south. I hope it’s not in person lol

Set off my turrets

how does one "peak" at a QB? you use a hot air balloon?...wha?

Damnit.

Godspeed.

If I hear anyone saying miami is New England south. I hope it’s not in person lol

Set off my turrets

How about New England Juniors.... :cool:

Ok - I did not want to be the anal retentive Grammar Police but again, fingernails on chalkboards here people!! English majors have strokes over these issues!

If I have to peek at the QB in the backfield, I am not playing at my peak of performance!

In other words, "Eke! Rowe peeked, but he didn't peak."

No. Hitler lives in Miami

Same way Kraft peeked out the door at Orchids of Asia whenever he heard sets of boots coming up the stairs.

Ok - I did not want to be the anal retentive Grammar Police but again, fingernails on chalkboards here people!! English majors have strokes over these issues!

If I have to peek at the QB in the backfield, I am not playing at my peak of performance!

In other words, "Eke! Rowe peeked, but he didn't peak."
My dream is to reach the peek of Mount Everest one day. Just one peak of its beauty and splendor is all I crave.

Let me try this another way because honestly you’re not far off - literally the only reason why peaking at the QB backfired was because of the illegal pick play. If not for that, Rowe was in fine position to prevent that from being a big play. Even after that, he was in position to prevent it while trailing until Richards came in like a wrecking ball.
Still think rowe should have played to the situation and not bothered to look at the qb. Game situations matter. At least his poor play did not cost the game

Come on now - that was one of the prettiest throws and catches I've ever seen in my life. Rowe had perfect coverage. Other guys get paid, too. There was the tiniest of windows, and even then, it took one of the best receivers in the league to make a great catch.

He had 1v1 coverage and got beat. Rest is just excuses. I bet Gilmore is more physical and doesn't allow the pass to be made.

He had 1v1 coverage and got beat. Rest is just excuses. I bet Gilmore is more physical and doesn't allow the pass to be made.

Yeah, cause Julio Jones could never catch a pass against Gilmore.

Actually the best deal opponents have made. We have a great secondary, but that money for a good coverage CB whose tall is a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes