PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carson Wentz traded to the Colts

look at the notes in the OTC link, If he is on your roster on 3/15/2021, then $15 million of his 2022 salary becomes guaranteed. That contract is a non starter.

so cutting him after one year would not be an option.
No he gets 2 years while you have a draft pick on a rookie contract. If you are afraid to pay 20 mill a year for a Sb you will be stuck with the dregs and never win.

I don’t think they do I think they are planning on trading Wentz I live here in PA and apparently the meeting with Wentz and Sirianni didn’t go great.

He has played at the highest level and is young.
Beats settling for the worst QB in the league because he’s a nice guy and snappy dresser

So my 5 million dollar nice guy and snappy dresser is a worse idea than your 40 million dollar snapped knee blue jean locker room cancer?

Yeah great idea.

No he gets 2 years while you have a draft pick on a rookie contract. If you are afraid to pay 20 mill a year for a Sb you will be stuck with the dregs and never win.

You can have Cam and a draft pick for much cheaper.

So my 5 million dollar nice guy and snappy dresser is a worse idea than your 40 million dollar snapped knee blue jean locker room cancer?

Yeah great idea.
Yes. Because he sucks.

You can have Cam and a draft pick for much cheaper.
Cam does nothing for me. You cannnot win with him. Can’t do it.
Id take half of the backups in the league over him. 5 cents is too much.

I would acquire Wentz as a reclamation. A guy who has a chance to be a top an in the league if you can straighten him out.

Your way you just hand a guy money to take up space and guarantee we lose. My way at the least we have a guy who can actually throw a football

From the Eagles' perspective:
  • Philadelphia is about $54 million over the cap right now.
  • The Eagles already made a choice: keep the QB, can the HC
  • Trading Wentz saves them only about $850k (and that would have to be in the first three days of the league year. If Philly trades him from Day 4 on they increase their already precarious cap by over $9 million.)

From a trading partner perspective:
  • For a team trading for Wentz the contract would work out to be four years, $98.4 million or $24.6 million a season.
  • The first two years of that contract would basically be guaranteed, and the remainder would be in the control of the new team that trades for him.
  • The annual cap figures on the contract would be $25.4 million, $22 million, $25 million, and $26 million.

I am just not seeing the value in trading for Wentz. I'd rather role the dice with a rookie. That would also allow much more money to be used on various other positions in need of an upgrade or depth.

Cam does nothing for me. You cannnot win with him. Can’t do it.
Id take half of the backups in the league over him. 5 cents is too much.

I would acquire Wentz as a reclamation. A guy who has a chance to be a top an in the league if you can straighten him out.

Your way you just hand a guy money to take up space and guarantee we lose. My way at the least we have a guy who can actually throw a football

Your way is to hand a broken knee and benched player 40 million dollars and draft a future QB.

My way is to pay 5 million dollars to a broken QB and draft a future QB.

My way is 35 million dollars cheaper.

You lose.

Wentz has won. Fitzpatrick has been in the league 16 years and no team he was on has made the playoffs. And he is 38. And not any good.
Could you imagine Wentz going from a culture that is fun to the culture Bill created and the standards that man holds people to? Either Wentz will do amazing and experience a rejuvenated career with a structured, hard ass environment, or he will flame out so damn hard and tear the rest of the team down with him. IMO, the cost wouldn’t be worth the risk.

I am done with QBs who just can't dress like normal people.
Wait, that’s not normal? Where the hell you from man?! I see pimps eveeeerywhere! :rofl:

From the Eagles' perspective:
  • Philadelphia is about $54 million over the cap right now.
  • The Eagles already made a choice: keep the QB, can the HC
  • Trading Wentz saves them only about $850k (and that would have to be in the first three days of the league year. If Philly trades him from Day 4 on they increase their already precarious cap by over $9 million.)

From a trading partner perspective:
  • For a team trading for Wentz the contract would work out to be four years, $98.4 million or $24.6 million a season.
  • The first two years of that contract would basically be guaranteed, and the remainder would be in the control of the new team that trades for him.
  • The annual cap figures on the contract would be $25.4 million, $22 million, $25 million, and $26 million.

I am just not seeing the value in trading for Wentz. I'd rather role the dice with a rookie. That would also allow much more money to be used on various other positions in need of an upgrade or depth.
Wait a second! Why didn’t I think of this before? We have a great salary cap situation over the next several years. What if Philly pull a Rams, and sent him with some first rd picks? Oh maaan. That would be delicious.:haha:

Your way is to hand a broken knee and benched player 40 million dollars and draft a future QB.

My way is to pay 5 million dollars to a broken QB and draft a future QB.

My way is 35 million dollars cheaper.

You lose.
Wrong because your way we are guaranteed to suck at qb and lose.
My way we have the opportunity to win with a win who 1 year ago threw for 4000 yards 27 tds and 7 Ints.
I will gladly pay 35 million over 2 years to have a passing game and win.

Whatever you spend that money on is a waste because you’ve conceded you can’t win by playing an incompetent qb.

Could you imagine Wentz going from a culture that is fun to the culture Bill created and the standards that man holds people to? Either Wentz will do amazing and experience a rejuvenated career with a structured, hard ass environment, or he will flame out so damn hard and tear the rest of the team down with him. IMO, the cost wouldn’t be worth the risk.
Most players respond to hard coaching.

Wrong because your way we are guaranteed to suck at qb and lose.
My way we have the opportunity to win with a win who 1 year ago threw for 4000 yards 27 tds and 7 Ints.
I will gladly pay 35 million over 2 years to have a passing game and win.

Whatever you spend that money on is a waste because you’ve conceded you can’t win by playing an incompetent qb.

Your way is spending 40 million on a guess or a hope.

My way is spending nothing while developing a drafted and building a roster.

You're basically the Jetes GM. Congrats.

Your way is spending 40 million on a guess or a hope.

My way is spending nothing while developing a drafted and building a roster.

You're basically the Jetes GM. Congrats.
i Would be paying less than market value for a guy who has been a top Qi and had a bad year who makes us contenders if he rebounds. You would be essentially tanking.

Funny that the guy with the plan to lose calls someone else jet like.
it seems you will do or say anything to have your boy back to screw up another season.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back