PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carson Palmer Retires

I have zero expectations for Joe Jet Fan or half of the turd sports writers out there.

However, an NFL QB should have known the PSI thing was horseshit. He piled on, albeit mildly.

You are a decent person not holding grudges for such minor infractions. I, on the other hand, am a miserable and petty phuck. Screw that loser, Palmer. :D
Joe Jet Fan?

Stop right there, Mr. Dingleberry.

I have zero expectations for Joe Jet Fan or half of the turd sports writers out there.

However, an NFL QB should have known the PSI thing was horseshit. He piled on, albeit mildly.

You are a decent person not holding grudges for such minor infractions. I, on the other hand, am a miserable and petty phuck. Screw that loser, Palmer. :D

I get it! I get it! That baby Brunell wasn't an NFL QB! I'm right there with you!:D

People didn't know they were being spoon fed lies by ESPN and the NFL, at that time.

Almost anyone offering up a hot take back then was sure to look bad now, except for the very few of us who were yelling about pressure-temperature effects almost immediately.

The interview with Carson Palmer was in September 2016 in preparation for opening night against Jimmy G.

If he didn't follow it like he claims, he should have kept him mouth shut on the topic.

Bingo.

It’s all picking your battles. No use in hating the guy for the comment.

Maybe I'm wrong, but PBPF is excusing the people with their Hawt takes at the start of this witchhunt. I don't believe that he is excusing Palmer who said his idiotic **** before the 2016 season. I could be wrong, just my interpretation.

Joe Jet Fan?

Stop right there, Mr. Dingleberry.

Oh shyt! That was not done on purpose, I swear.

Joey Jet Fan, it is. ;)

Let's just call it like it is....Jerkoff Jet Fan.

Well compared to brady yeah drew sucked in the playoffs. By any normal qb standards drew wasn’t that bad. Made a super bowl in 96 and without him we don’t win super bowl #1 in 2001.
Sorry. Love Drew but I don't think he was a good playoff QB

Reminds me of Bledsoe’s career in some ways. (Although Drew’s was probably a bit better.)
Both were thoroughly mediocre.

Well compared to brady yeah drew sucked in the playoffs. By any normal qb standards drew wasn’t that bad. Made a super bowl in 96 and without him we don’t win super bowl #1 in 2001.
How do we not win the SB in 2001 without him???

Trust me, I love Drew Bledsoe. He is the reason I fell in love with football, but when I thought further about that Super Bowl run he didn't really have a huge hand in those playoff wins..........

96 Div vs Pit: The Fog ruined any chance of a great passing game. Martin shredded the Steelers for something like 150+ yards and 3TDs.

96 AFCC vs JAX: Pats scored two tds. One was a 4 yard run on a VERY short drive setup by a fumbled snap or something on a punt attempt. (the drive may have only been 4 yards). The second TD was a defensive TD.

He was really good that season though, just not a great playoff run.

When watching Palmer take a hit earlier in the year it felt like watching an ANCIENT quarterback. I wondered if the guy was going to get up.

Then it hit me........this guy is 3 years YOUNGER than Brady.

This put it again in perspective of just how lucky we are.

Didn't Palmer say something along the lines of Brady did the crime, should do the time regarding Deflate BS?

He's not the douche nozzle that is Mark Brunnel, but F him and his career of losing.

I enjoyed watching him fail after that comment. Though I also enjoyed watching him fail before that comment. Just slightly less.

Do you believe Larry Fitzgerald retires a Cardinal or does he ask for his release (if not under contract)? Could we finally see Fitz in a Pats uniform?

No point in Fitzgerald coming back for another year unless he plays for a winner. Cardinals likely to draft a QB or might be crazy enough to go after Eli?

How do we not win the SB in 2001 without him???

The 0-2 start to the season kept the team from getting over confident? That's all I got.

His performance in the AFCCG in relief is a bit over mythologized. Big TD in relief. But that backwards, over-the-shoulder heave that somehow didn't get picked was a prime example of why BB valued Brady over Bledsoe.

The 0-2 start to the season kept the team from getting over confident? That's all I got.

His performance in the AFCCG in relief is a bit over mythologized. Big TD in relief. But that backwards, over-the-shoulder heave that somehow didn't get picked was a prime example of why BB valued Brady over Bledsoe.
They would have won if Damon huard went in instead, probably by more.

Always a bit overrated to me . . . best of luck in his next chapter, though.

Can't wait to hear Joker's thoughts on the matter. This will be good! :cool:

I believe he was also the player rep for Arizona while he was there. So on top stating he didn't know much about the situation, he made the claim that Brady should pay for a sin that never happened. It's easy to see why so many players, especially the younger ones, are thoroughly mislead on players' rights when there are numbskull NFLPA misfits like Carson Palmer who couldn't care less when Roger ultimately oversteps his boundaries on player discipline matters. It shows how unintelligent the team that selected him is. I won't say I'm happy for his injuries, but I'm certainly glad he went out like the bum and the loser he's always been throughout his career. Good riddance. Hopefully he doesn't break a toe dropping the microphone if he decides to go into broadcasting.

Always a bit overrated to me . . . best of luck in his next chapter, though.

Well, anyone who manages to keep a starting QB job in the NFL for 15 years has had a good career. Otherwise you get relegated to backup QB role pretty fast.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back