PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carlos Dunlap

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Should be painful watching him. As you may recall the Patriots picked the unforgettable Jermaine Cunningham one pick before Bengals picked Dunlap.

The Patriots also took Taylor Price in that draft just in front of NaVorro Bowman, Jimmy Graham, and Mike Williams

Should be painful watching him. As you may recall the Patriots picked the unforgettable Jermaine Cunningham one pick before Bengals picked Dunlap.

The Patriots also took Taylor Price in that draft just in front of NaVorro Bowman, Jimmy Graham, and Mike Williams
I think it is time for you to get over the 2010 draft with it being 2014 and all...o_O

the topic has been beaten to death yes and in that deep Draft they could have thrown a dart at the board and came up with a better player then Cunningham the thing that is puzzling and kinda scary to me is how could they have inside info to that school and still look at that D line and come away saying Cunningham is a better player then Dunlop when no one I mean no one had him as even half the player Dunlop was

I'm thinking about starting a thread about how I am still upset the Pats drafted Eugene Chung over Chester McGlockton. Anyone in for that discussion? How about Chris Canty over Sam Madison? Howsabout a little Hart Lee Dykes over Andre Rison?

Hindsight is 20/20, Belichick has drafted high defensive bust after bust so I have no idea why you're harping on Cunningham. Also, news flash, 32 teams passed on Dunlap once. Clearly there was a red flag there with him.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I never knew that.

oh wait. I did.

I think it is time for you to get over the 2010 draft with it being 2014 and all...o_O

Strange thing about folks on this board:

The support for BB justifiably revolves around his past performance, but the response to criticism of past draft picks = "It's 2014...that's in the past". Odd.

The support for BB justifiably revolves around his past performance, but the response to criticism of past draft picks = "It's 2014...that's in the past". Odd.

It's not really odd at all. This is a three sentence thread out of the blue,.

Go look at the front page. Do you see a lot of "Jerod Mayo - What a hell of a pick by BB" type threads that have an OP that's just 3 sentences long?

At the time the Patriots were running a 3-4, and Dunlap was a 4-3 DE that did not appear as though he would transition well to a 3-4 OLB.

In addition there were enough red flags about Dunlap (very inconsistent, questions about his motivation and work ethic, a DUI. Keep in mind the Pats were coming of the year of malcontents (Adalius Thomas, Shawn Springs) as well.

If we want to play the would'a-could'a-should'a game, then there's more logic to the theory that the Patriots should have drafted Sean Lee rather than Cunningham, and then Geno Atkins rather than Spikes in that draft.

Fred, I can play the 20-20 hindsight game with all 32 NFL teams if you want. Hitting on NFL draft picks is closer to an all-star baseball player's batting average than a hockey goalie's expected save percentage. But before that happens, please take a moment to read Ian's "New Thread Requirements - READ", that can be found at the very top of page one in this forum. The last two threads that you have started have been pretty much "nothing more than glorified b:&$ch sessions and rants" that the forum is attempting to move away from.

There is a difference between the historical record and hindsight.

Fred, do you actually like this team?

Given the tenor of your posts, it's really hard to tell.

how about the entire league passing on atkins? guy's a stud.
i feel for stork and connolly. they don't stand a chance. tom going to be destroyed again.:(

I know BB HAS to go. Everyone knew Jimmy Graham was a hall of fame talent. That's why he slipped to the end of the 3rd round. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I bet McDaniels was the one who suggested they don't draft him. Kraft was on board with it so he didn't have to pay him down the road.

How the hell could that idiot **** Steinberg pass on Dan Marino f'crissakes, stoopid Patriuts will never beat the Dolphins!! If they kept Chuck Fairbanks like they should have this never would have happened!! Didn't you see the way they just let Fred Dryer and Phil Olson just blow them off and go play in LA?!! Stoopid stoopid Patriuts!!

F*ck Carlos Dunlap.... I see someone stomping his groin

how about the entire league passing on atkins? guy's a stud.
i feel for stork and connolly. they don't stand a chance. tom going to be destroyed again.:(
The Bengals fans that I've seen are saying that Atkins has been nothing special this year. Sounds like he's still working his way back from that ACL surgery.

The Bengals fans that I've seen are saying that Atkins has been nothing special this year. Sounds like he's still working his way back from that ACL surgery.

sounds like gronk. kid beater peterson set the new standard on how everyone should be 100% when returning from acl surgery, when in reality it takes more than a year...

watching tamba hali cover gronk stride for stride was sad.

You mean the same draft we drafted Gronk? I bet you forgot that dumb ass!

These forums have been unbearable this week....

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back