PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cannon and Michel back at practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but he was a higher round pick that came into the league with bad knees. So the position of trusting the player to be fine (before we see him take one NFL snap) because “the team did their homework” on him doesn’t hold water. The team has seemingly done their homework on players with injury baggage before only to see the injuries become too much for those players to overcome.

You might want to just call it what it is: a calculated risk.

We don’t know what caused him to get the boot for sure, but he certainly hasn’t become an impact player at his position and the knees have had a good amount to do with that. Easley lived off of an explosive first step which he no longer has. Michel could either go the Easley/Mitchell route or he could go the Ajayi route. Let’s hope for the latter.
I should have known better...

Buy0nTvCUAARE0q.jpg:large

Ras I Dowling wasn’t a 1st rounder but instead was the 1st pick of the 2nd round. He’s another example however of medical red flags being ignored and another high draft pick being wasted because of it.

Other than Curtis Martin, I can’t think of another injury plagued college player whose injuries didn’t follow them into the pros. Please enlighten me if you can think of others.

Ras I Dowling wasn’t a 1st rounder but instead was the 1st pick of the 2nd round. He’s another example however of medical red flags being ignored and another high draft pick being wasted because of it.

Other than Curtis Martin, I can’t think of another injury plagued college player whose injuries didn’t follow them into the pros. Please enlighten me if you can think of others.
Frank Gore.
Edit: never mind, 3rd rounder.

Q: How many guys play high school and D1 college football and don't have an injury? Please enlighten me if you can think of one. We just like to highlight the ones that have recurring injuries in the pros.

There are plenty you just don’t recognize the ones who stay healthy because no one talks about it.

Same here my friend have him in almost all my leagues.

Just had our fantasy auction and got Michel for $3.

It was this exchange on page 3 of the thread that first got me thinking about him, and he ended up on my team. Now I'm excited. Thanks guys! Low risk high reward, and Patriots are obviously always great to root for on your fantasy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST