PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cannon and Michel back at practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see what the Pats actually have in Michel, an intriguing draft pick for this team, which drove the draft prognosticators crazy..

Cannon is solid and along with Mason solidifies the right side of the line..

Not sure about Hill’s injury status, but we just need some guys to field a team for the upcoming preseason game. These moves were made with this week’s game in mind.
Yep. I expect heavy doses of the 2 new tackling dummies, plus Gillislee & maybe Bolden too.

Here a bit more on Cannon and Michel from yesterday:

During the media viewing window at the start of Monday’s session, Cannon and Michel both appeared on the field in full pads, just like the rest of their teammates. While it’s unclear how much the duo was able to take part in practice, they were seen taking reps in their respective position drills for the first 10 minutes or so before media were required to leave the field.

14 days should be enough they are ready for the opener. Id expect Cannon to start at RT while Michel might be added gradually also depending on other RB situation. HOU and JAX might be tough asks to break rehabing rookie in (maybe a few empty snaps just to get the feel of the game but probably more likely starts as inactive esp. if Burk is ready to go). DET-MIA-IND could offer better chance for Michel to enter rotation and builds on his snap count.

btw - T.Flowers should be ready as well taking over place-holder K.Davis. So despite some heartbreaking injury losses Patriots might be one of those teams able to field all their starters..

Albert Breer on the post game show Friday night on TV said he heard that Michel's knee situation is possibly career-threatening. Albert seemed orgasmically excited.

I have to believe that the Patriots did a deep dive into Michel's knee. Belichick is friends with the Georgia head coach. There is no way they would have drafted him if they thought the knee was not good to go.

I'm guessing Michel doesn't play the last exhibition game and the 1st game of the season. Maybe even the 2nd game. Gives him 3 weeks of practice, I don't think he's even going through all the drills in practice yet. So that gives him plenty of time.

Bill drafted Malcolm Mitchell from the same school.
captain, I think Kirby Smart was still at 'bama when Mitchell was drafted by the Pats. Not sure how close BB and Mark Richt are. MM also fell in the draft due to his knee issues at Georgia. Michel might also have gone higher but finished his season on a very strong note so not sure the seriousness of knee issues were on the same level. Michel's current knee issue was said to be minor. But we heard that one before so we won't know until he gets out there and plays.

Bill drafted Malcolm Mitchell from the same school.
We all know Krafty Bob loves his "value" hence picking all these guys with injury histories who "fall" in the draft. They hit the absolute jackpot with Gronkowski, but pretty much all these other college injury guys are big time busts....

captain, I think Kirby Smart was still at 'bama when Mitchell was drafted by the Pats. Not sure how close BB and Mark Richt are. MM also fell in the draft due to his knee issues at Georgia. Michel might also have gone higher but finished his season on a very strong note so not sure the seriousness of knee issues were on the same level. Michel's current knee issue was said to be minor. But we heard that one before so we won't know until he gets out there and plays.

If Michel helps us win another Super Bowl like Mitchell did then Drafting them was a success no matter the knee issues. So many teams just want one championship, we need one more.

Here a bit more on Cannon and Michel from yesterday:

During the media viewing window at the start of Monday’s session, Cannon and Michel both appeared on the field in full pads, just like the rest of their teammates. While it’s unclear how much the duo was able to take part in practice, they were seen taking reps in their respective position drills for the first 10 minutes or so before media were required to leave the field.

14 days should be enough they are ready for the opener. Id expect Cannon to start at RT while Michel might be added gradually also depending on other RB situation. HOU and JAX might be tough asks to break rehabing rookie in (maybe a few empty snaps just to get the feel of the game but probably more likely starts as inactive esp. if Burk is ready to go). DET-MIA-IND could offer better chance for Michel to enter rotation and builds on his snap count.

btw - T.Flowers should be ready as well taking over place-holder K.Davis. So despite some heartbreaking injury losses Patriots might be one of those teams able to field all their starters..

My concern is that Michel is able to transition to our man-blocking schemes. He ran behind an exclusive zone-blocking scheme at GA that featured a lot of OZ.

My concern is that Michel is able to transition to our man-blocking schemes. He ran behind an exclusive zone-blocking scheme at GA that featured a lot of OZ.
That had a lot more to do w the players on the OL & why they ran that.

Last thing I'm worried about considering we drafted Wynn & Sony in the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST