PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we root for Mahomes now?

I never had an issue with Mahomes. In fact, now that Tyreek Hill is gone, the Chiefs fanbase (the Venn diagram between them and the KKK is nearly a circle) is the only thing keeping me hating that team.

There is no rivalry right now.

Can we root for North Korea now?

kim jong un GIF

During the Patriots dynasty era it was natural to 'hate' and 'actively root against' the teams that were a threat to the Pats.

Therefore, I would root against Peyton and Roethlisberger and then eventually Mahomes. I didn't want them to prevent hte Pats from winning the title, but also I didn't want them to surpass Brady's greatness.

Now that Brady is gone from the Pats and the Pats' dynasty era is over, I don't dislike these teams or players like I used to. I feel Brady's legacy is pretty secure, in fact when it comes to Mahomes specifically Brady has already beat him in two playoff games.

I think I've finally reached the point where I wouldn't mind if Mahomes wins this Super Bowl. It might be one of those Michael Jordan-things. Every year I would root against Jordan in teh finals, but it was only after he retired I was like 'ya, that dude was really good though'. Where I do respect Mahomes and his ability to have his team at the top each year (just like Brady would do).

Anyone else finding it easier to root for Mahomes these days?

giphy-1.gif

Alright so it looks like most of this group is not ready to ease up on Mahomes and the Chiefs.

I actually thought others may have softened their stance too, but I guess not. No worries.

It doesn’t help that the Eagles coach is a prick...I just can’t root for him.

I'll have to consider whether I want to continue with a site which allows that.
Just curious. Are you one of those guys that will announce your departure from here ? Or are you more likely to just slip away unnoticed ?

I wonder if you realize how pathetic such posts as this are, I really do. Such childish drivel can only come from a person deeply insecure. You are embarrassing yourself. You want me to feel afraid because some macho poseur fantasizes about torturing a dog? Think about it, if you can, as likely, given how entrenched your ugly anger and insecurity are, you cannot. I feel sorry for you, and for anyone who finds themselves reading such drivel.

Lighten up, Francis.

During the Patriots dynasty era it was natural to 'hate' and 'actively root against' the teams that were a threat to the Pats.

Therefore, I would root against Peyton and Roethlisberger and then eventually Mahomes. I didn't want them to prevent hte Pats from winning the title, but also I didn't want them to surpass Brady's greatness.

Now that Brady is gone from the Pats and the Pats' dynasty era is over, I don't dislike these teams or players like I used to. I feel Brady's legacy is pretty secure, in fact when it comes to Mahomes specifically Brady has already beat him in two playoff games.

I think I've finally reached the point where I wouldn't mind if Mahomes wins this Super Bowl. It might be one of those Michael Jordan-things. Every year I would root against Jordan in teh finals, but it was only after he retired I was like 'ya, that dude was really good though'. Where I do respect Mahomes and his ability to have his team at the top each year (just like Brady would do).

Anyone else finding it easier to root for Mahomes these days?

1675309228017.png

Would you root for the Yankees just because you thought Jeeter was a good player? Hell no. I respected him for his play but hated the Yankees and would root against them every.****ing.time.

And even Jeter has YankStank all over him: he was caught faking being hit by a pitch, the ****ing gutless bastard.

As a person who lives in Cincinnati, I will always hate him.

And even Jeter has YankStank all over him: he was caught faking being hit by a pitch, the ****ing gutless bastard.
That reminds me of the main reason I dislike Mahomes. It's not him as a person. Not even his lil annoying bro or screeching spouse. It's his style of play. I don't like the backyard football crap he pulls. You can tell that half the time he just does it to show off. Then there's the BS he pulls running along the sidelines pretending to step out just to get a few more yards when D gives up. The fake dives. The over reactions when he's hit trying to get flags thrown. His exaggeration of injuries. His entire demeanor towards the game is un-professional to me. Now you have guys trying to copy his crap. Yes, I know he's athletic and has great talent, but he spoils it w/ his bush league tactics. Anyway, I guess I'm just old school.

I never had an issue with Mahomes. In fact, now that Tyreek Hill is gone, the Chiefs fanbase (the Venn diagram between them and the KKK is nearly a circle) is the only thing keeping me hating that team.

There is no rivalry right now.

Nfl basically rigged a game for them and this ain’t the first time, you’re cool with that

Wont root for him, mainly bcuz the league is tilting the field in his favor and thats bs, plain and simple considering we got screwed multiple times against KC by calls as bad as what CIN got screwed by.

See AFCC matchup between NE/KC, or the 2019 rs game vs them.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back