PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we root for Mahomes now?

During the Patriots dynasty era it was natural to 'hate' and 'actively root against' the teams that were a threat to the Pats.

Therefore, I would root against Peyton and Roethlisberger and then eventually Mahomes. I didn't want them to prevent hte Pats from winning the title, but also I didn't want them to surpass Brady's greatness.

Now that Brady is gone from the Pats and the Pats' dynasty era is over, I don't dislike these teams or players like I used to. I feel Brady's legacy is pretty secure, in fact when it comes to Mahomes specifically Brady has already beat him in two playoff games.

I think I've finally reached the point where I wouldn't mind if Mahomes wins this Super Bowl. It might be one of those Michael Jordan-things. Every year I would root against Jordan in teh finals, but it was only after he retired I was like 'ya, that dude was really good though'. Where I do respect Mahomes and his ability to have his team at the top each year (just like Brady would do).

Anyone else finding it easier to root for Mahomes these days?
No.

KC is still one of the more loathsome teams out there to me. While Mahomes himself doesn’t bother me, I hate the franchise behind only Baltimore and perhaps the Jets.

OP must have been drunk to write this. Sad.

Most hated list : Chiefs -- jets -- ravens -- Steelers --broncos -- colts -- eagles -- fins -- bills -- giants

I am rooting for Mahomes to injure his other ankle.

Maybe with two injured ankles he won't run like he has a giant fist up his ass.

images

I like Mahomes personally. Think he's a great QB and ambassador for the city of K.C.

But any time he wins a Superbowl...he inches closer to Brady's legacy. If Brady didn't win in 2020, it would have been a 6-2 edge right now with it possibly being 6-3 in 2 weeks.

Go Eagles! Not even an Eagle fan, but I'd rather the Eagles have 2 Lombardis than Kansas City having 3 (Mahomes 2).

You are allowed to root against the Igles.

Mahomes is also incredibly lucky that Kelce has not missed a single game in his career. The only miss is due to Covid. Yes I am jinxing it Mr Kelce. Want to see what happens when Kelce the safety valve is not there.

During the Patriots dynasty era it was natural to 'hate' and 'actively root against' the teams that were a threat to the Pats.

Therefore, I would root against Peyton and Roethlisberger and then eventually Mahomes. I didn't want them to prevent hte Pats from winning the title, but also I didn't want them to surpass Brady's greatness.

Now that Brady is gone from the Pats and the Pats' dynasty era is over, I don't dislike these teams or players like I used to. I feel Brady's legacy is pretty secure, in fact when it comes to Mahomes specifically Brady has already beat him in two playoff games.

I think I've finally reached the point where I wouldn't mind if Mahomes wins this Super Bowl. It might be one of those Michael Jordan-things. Every year I would root against Jordan in teh finals, but it was only after he retired I was like 'ya, that dude was really good though'. Where I do respect Mahomes and his ability to have his team at the top each year (just like Brady would do).

Anyone else finding it easier to root for Mahomes these days?
#ncis gibbs GIF by CBS

Yeah, I have to join the pile on this one. KC is a **** fanbase, and I'm not entirely sure Mahomes isn't a total ****. We already know Kelce is. They remind me a lot of the Rapistburger Steelers when it comes to their players and fanbase. Can't do it. Won't do it.

I'm on team asteroid...just like during the Harbowl*

*Which inspired my "football atheist" tagline...there is no football god after that

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back