PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we not give up on Tom Brady after one game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% correct. Loyalty has nothing to do with it though. TB12 has simply earned the benefit of the doubt.

This.

The offense is 11 moving parts that need to operate as one. I don't think that was happening consistently Thurs night.

Quite frankly, I think TB12 and Gronk need to re-establish their chemistry. Keep in mind he hadn't played in a reg season game with Tom in almost a year.

Thurs night should be viewed as just a bad game and TB12 getting used to new players and players he really hasn't played with in a while.

KC has been a well coached, very good team for a handful of years now and will be this year. However, losing Eric Berry is
catastrophic.

Indeed. Some folks seem to forget that the other team always gets a vote in how the game turns out....... :)

The problems this season aren't nearly as bad as they were to start the 2014 season. I have no idea why people would be panicked.

...aside from buying into the hot takes over the summer that the Lombardi was ours because we had "such a great offseason". Offseason prognostications are for the Bills and Jetes.

EDIT - TFB missed on some throws, but it's happened before. It's a very small sample size to start making judgements, and I haven't seen many on here doing it, aside from the usual idiots.

I've been reading posts on here, twitter from actual Patriots fans and been watching people on TV claim Brady is done. With the ESPN part aside, I just feel like the whole "Bench Brady" and "He lost his zip with his passes" is a huge overreaction and if anybody has earned the right to not be cast aside so quickly, its Tom Brady. The guy continues to prove every hater wrong and everytime the haters say something stupid, he reminds everybody that he's the GOAT.

I understand he didn't play like the greatest QB ever, but looking back the coaching didn't help him nor the team. I could be wrong, but my gut tells me he will light up New Orleans next week and by Week 7 this will be remembered as one of the biggest overreactions of all time. This forum isn't the problem, but tweets from actual Patriots fans are very concerning:
Patriots fans already calling for Jimmy Garoppolo to start over Tom Brady | The Sports Daily

That isn't even close to the amount of garbage I've read on twitter from our fans. ESPN and haters are one thing, but where is the loyalty? I get the team is the most important and not one player, but casting Brady away after one game? Please.

Discuss your thoughts as I've seen the Brady subject talked about a lot since the game.
They are trolls. Don't feed the trolls.

If anyone should be blamed for that abomination of a game, it is Bill Belichick
and his coaching staff. Bill joined the ranks of Clive Rush and Rod Rust with his
3-2-6 defense that gave up the fourth most yardage in Patriot's history. It featured
a player, Jordan Richards, who should have been on the waiver wire.

The ****y fans calling for JG are losers. They are embarrassing and probably dont understand anything about the game. They have no understanding of loyalty because nobody has ever been loyal to their loser asses ever

and his coaching staff. Bill joined the ranks of Clive Rush and Rod Rust with his
3-2-6 defense that gave up the fourth most yardage in Patriot's history. It featured
Maybe you should give him a call and straighten him out.

Saying brady is done is complete utter bull sht. Of curse the talking heads all want to be the first to say he is so they can pound their chests and say they were right. This will turn out just like the last KC loss with brady proving hes stilll the best.

The ****y fans calling for JG are losers. They are embarrassing and probably dont understand anything about the game. They have no understanding of loyalty because nobody has ever been loyal to their loser asses eve
Interestingly Brady put up 27 points which is more than jimmy everchad in an NFL game.
It's not loyalty it's the GOAT who is still the GOAT.
Brady isn't out there because of his past he is out there because he is the best QB in the NFL today.
Jimmy is a promising backup.
People are stupid.

Saying brady is done is complete utter bull sht. Of curse the talking heads all want to be the first to say he is so they can pound their chests and say they were right. This will turn out just like the last KC loss with brady proving hes stilll the best.[/QUOTE
Andy Reid straighten him out for me.

Ok then STFU

Anyone who places Bill Belichick in the company of Clive Rush and Rod Rust has an opinion about coaching abilities which doesn't count. That's you.

Jimke is a fuking sad old idiot. Maybe he should take his chronic negativity back to the hospice center. Its obvious he has nothing better to do than post on a forum about a team he hates.

Get a life.

Jimke is a fuking sad old idiot. Maybe he should take his chronic negativity back to the hospice center. Its obvious he has nothing better to do than post on a forum about a team he hates.

Get a life.
************, I'm 69 and plenty of smart people think I'm a f###### idiot, but I don't spew that unending, negative BS. Age is no excuse...

O..M...F...G... "Pats Fans Call for Brady to be Benched"

Patriots fans already calling for Jimmy Garoppolo to start over Tom Brady

Yeah it's just blowing up a bunch of tweets into a "thing." I wasn't in the gameday thread much... but I bet one or two ahem "posters" in there were easily as bad.

Hey, I'm not a "homer" or a "Brady Loyalist." But we went 3 games straight in '14 before we were "on to Cincinnati."

Did these guys sign on after '14 or something?

Just damn.

I hate bullying and intimidation but some Pats fans really need thicker skin.

What do they curl up in a ball when **** goes wrong in real life?

I stay away from the GDT for obvious reasons.

It's a bunch of spoiled whiners who prob started rooting for N.E. the past few years.

Bill was outcoached.

Tom played like **** at times.

The whole team was awful at times.

We still had plenty of chances to win and take control.

On to NO and the other 15 or should forfeit the rest of the season so feelings dont get hurt?

Lol no wonder why the majority of the country consider our fanbase brats and arrogant. It's just 1 game I've seen TB12 have worse games than Thursday in his late 20s.

Likely young millennials that need instant gratification. They would be after Garopollo's benching after a game or two if he lost them and then it would be Belichick, Patricia and McDaniels that have to be replaced....bandwagon spoiled fans that haven't tasted mush failure.

Last edited:
Guess what they probably would have lost with JG at QB..Problem wasn't Brady, WR and TE weren't creating separation. Yeah a few throws were high and he missed a few but what QB doesn't.

Brady will be fine I am more concerned about the WR position and defense right now.

Brady is the least of the problems.

Fare weather fans go away. They listen to the medidiots to much.

************, I'm 69 and plenty of smart people think I'm a f###### idiot, but I don't spew that unending, negative BS. Age is no excuse...

You are right, its not his age. He is just misrable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes