PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we finally stop pretending that Cam is good?

What will it take for Bill to see the light?? I don’t get it. I really don’t get it.

He's not lying. He plays QB for the Pats. Stidham is also our QB as is Hoyer.

What will it take for Bill to see the light?? I don’t get it. I really don’t get it.

The only logical thing is that Stidham is firmly in the doghouse and Hoyer would represent waving the white flag. Otherwise, Stidham is the guy after Cam's disastrous play.

Are you going to stick with Cam Newton next week?
Bill Belichick: "Great question. Really glad you asked that. Cam's our quarterback."
Why not go to Jarrett Stidham? What has Cam showed you to stick by him?
Belichick: "He's our quarterback. I think I just answered that one."

The only logical thing is that Stidham is firmly in the doghouse and Hoyer would represent waving the white flag. Otherwise, Stidham is the guy after Cam's disastrous play.
It's probably simpler than that. Bill thinks Cam is better than Stidham and views putting Stidham on the field as putting the team in a worse position and that goes against his MO. You don't need to overthink it. If Bill thought the team would be better with Stidham, he has had every excuse to get him out there. Not that he needs an excuse, he's Bill Belichick. He could sign you and start you next week and most people would say "oh he must see something in MainePatsFan26".

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
BB's experiment at QB is over !!

It's probably simpler than that. Bill thinks Cam is better than Stidham and views putting Stidham on the field as putting the team in a worse position and that goes against his MO. You don't need to overthink it. If Bill thought the team would be better with Stidham, he has had every excuse to get him out there. Not that he needs an excuse, he's Bill Belichick. He could sign you and start you next week and most people would say "oh he must see something in MainePatsFan26".

Bill wants to play the guy who’s likely to win a game but i doubt very much cam has a future with this franchise. That’s why i rather see what they got with stid. I seen cam enough already and he stinks! He’s inconsistent.

Alright... all you guys saying Cam is good... stop it.
They aren't saying Cam's good. They would say after a hypothetical game in which Cam threw 10 passes, 9 of which were intercepted, that Stidham would have done worse --- or that Belichick thinks Stidham would have done worse.

I’m surprised that Bill doesn’t seem ready to admit it.
Bill almost never bench veteran.
I’m pretty sure in 2001 if Bledsoe would not have been injured we would never Brady even if he was better than Bledsoe every practice.

if Edelman and Harry weren’t injured this year, i am confident we would never saw Meyers.

it’s honestly mind boggling that is not benching him. Not because I think that Stidham is Rodgers but because Cam level of play is not starting QB material. Hoyer has been bench this year for far less. I don’t know why Cam leash is so long

I haven't seen anyone say he's good since the pre-Covid era. Seems like a strawman...

He was a big reason for losing a must-win game, but I'm guessing BB is prioritizing his value as a runner over the upgrade Stidham brings to the passing game. But who knows? BB has earned more than a little benefit of the doubt in my book, so I'll just stick along for the ride.

I haven't seen anyone say he's good since the pre-Covid era. Seems like a strawman...

He was a big reason for losing a must-win game, but I'm guessing BB is prioritizing his value as a runner over the upgrade Stidham brings to the passing game. But who knows? BB has earned more than a little benefit of the doubt in my book, so I'll just stick along for the ride.
The fact is I don’t think he has been good in the run either except short yardage situation. Situation where Harris should be able to convert also. So I think you can make up that production or most of it with the running back.

when you watch Stidham throw a ball it’s much more fluid than Cam. Yesterday the Rams pressured him a lot. He never saw that in his entire NFL career. The only way to get accustomed to it is to play and face it.

Ok,the Cam's show is over. The dream about playoffs is over as well so we have nothing to lose to give Stidham a chance. Sorry but Cam's stats are horrible and his so called "leadership" doesn't convince me at all.
I have an impression Cam completely does not know what to do on the field. He creates his own plan and change it many times during the play. He runs, then stops he wants to run again but......ooopsss he is on the ground! Sorry I do not buying Cam's running ability as a weapon any more.

He's not good but he's fine, we're just used to almost perfection in when to throw the ball away and when to take the sack. Cam is awful at the mental side of the game and his throwing is average at best (20+ yards he's fine but short balls suck). I like the run dimension he brings but it doesn't make up enough for this passing and mental flaws.

Not a complete bust, decent stop gap signing, but he'll probably lose us more games than he wins. Would keep him next year as a backup potentially though.

Genuinely asking? Does patspulpit have anyone good? I'm not that familiar with who's there but have heard of them.

I feel bad I think he thought he was doing something here ...

I love Evan but he's so off here. I went over these in my thread and couldn't believe he was pushing this. Some here need to be careful biting his tweets and passing them off as their own post. Or slamming down a tweet thinking it's a banger. Do we seriously need a 12 point presentation as to why the QB has been playing awful every other game and the offense isn't exactly trending up?

Just got out work, didn't watch the game yet but OP is right there's a decent faction doing anything they can to pretend Cam isn't a problem or is actually playing well. And I've yet to see a nice display proving otherwise.

This tells me two things ...

1)Even though some are in the media and write about football. It doesn't mean they have a clue about what they're talking about.

2)If you can't isolate a players performance. You can't evaluate players. X&O, college prospects ... It's not for everyone.

I got behind Cam from day 1. Still am. I was very excited to go from Brady to Cam. I was saying we'd be playing bully ball before most and got behind that style even though it's tough to win that way. I'm still behind the players, coaches, team but can't pretend we're something we're not. You don't learn or get better that way.

Last edited:

He clearly doesn’t think that highly of Stid and Hoyer. Which makes sense if you’ve seen either play this season.

td7zd.jpg

An actual NFL quality starting QB on the roster. Stid isn’t one and Hoyer hasn’t been one in years.

I expect that will change by next camp.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back