PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we finally stop pretending that Cam is good?

Stubborn ultra proud Bill Belichick... he’s going to prove that HE is a GENIUS in signing Sham Newton while everyone else whiffed man!! Bill has done this a lot in his career....bound and determined to prove that one of his far out draft picks that none of the analysts had on the board or that high in draft.... is going to be a SUPER star in league....and then after 5 seasons still going nowhere..he trades them for a future 6 th rounder. No, BB says “Cam’s our quarterback “ after last night’s debacle and what Newton’s done all season? That’s pure BB stubborn and “I’ll show you” mentality....sad

Ok,the Cam's show is over. The dream about playoffs is over as well so we have nothing to lose to give Stidham a chance. Sorry but Cam's stats are horrible and his so called "leadership" doesn't convince me at all.
I have an impression Cam completely does not know what to do on the field. He creates his own plan and change it many times during the play. He runs, then stops he wants to run again but......ooopsss he is on the ground! Sorry I do not buying Cam's running ability as a weapon any more.
Lol what are we doing. People inventing reasons to hate Cam. He’s been disappointing but, at least his running has been a huge asset.

Stidham is a turnover machine and we’d lose a major piece of our offense without Cam’s running.

Cam is coming back next season isnt he?

BB has seen all these charts and graphs on just how great Cam is playing and BB is going to sign him up to a nice new contract. We just dont realize how good we have it. Thank you Bill.

I haven't seen anyone say he's good since the pre-Covid era. Seems like a strawman...

He was a big reason for losing a must-win game, but I'm guessing BB is prioritizing his value as a runner over the upgrade Stidham brings to the passing game. But who knows? BB has earned more than a little benefit of the doubt in my book, so I'll just stick along for the ride.
A runner!? Besides goal line situations...2 against the beat down Chargers....he rarely takes off running much anymore. The foot injury he suffered was pretty nasty..plus BB is ultra protective of Cam because....by god he’s going to be an elite QB again with his coaching....just give it a little while...any minute now..

I love how Stid fans think we’re missing out on the next NFL star by keeping him on the bench. Lol.

5-7, 27 yards and sacked a bunch against a defense that clearly had its foot off the gas. Yawn. Maybe if he showed something like Jimmy did in that KC game Bill would not be saying Cam is our QB.

Yes Cam stinks. Stid isn’t any better. Bill clearly agrees. What’s the debate?

The same Hoyer who completely blew the game in KC?
Yet that Hoyer had a better performance in the KC game than Cam had against Arizona and the Rams. And Hoyer was benched pretty much at half time. Talk about difference of treatment. Bill didn’t want to treat Brady differently but seems to do exactly that with Cam.

I’m at a point where I think Bill will ride Cam no matter what. Cam could throw 10 pick 6 against Miami and still be the starter against the Bills

It's probably simpler than that. Bill thinks Cam is better than Stidham and views putting Stidham on the field as putting the team in a worse position and that goes against his MO. You don't need to overthink it. If Bill thought the team would be better with Stidham, he has had every excuse to get him out there. Not that he needs an excuse, he's Bill Belichick. He could sign you and start you next week and most people would say "oh he must see something in MainePatsFan26".
The only thing I can think of honestly is two part 1) BB is bound and determined that he is going to prove what a genius he is....31 other teams whiffed on Cam and I’m going to prove with my coaching Cam will be elite again and 2) Maybe he knows that if Stidham gets in the game and has a good outing but throws one pick....everyone will pile on and perseverate on that one mistake and destroy the kid before he gets going (which media and fans have already done).....I say give the kid a shot especially now when season is done....see if he has any chance to be a QB for this team...if not cut him and move on to draft....but honestly he can’t be worse than sham...who is sitting on rock bottom

An actual NFL quality starting QB on the roster. Stid isn’t one and Hoyer hasn’t been one in years.

I expect that will change by next camp.
Cam is not an actual NFL quality starting QB. I’m sorry to inform you of that.

Yet that Hoyer had a better performance in the KC game than Cam had against Arizona and the Rams. And Hoyer was benched pretty much at half time. Talk about difference of treatment. Bill didn’t want to treat Brady differently but seems to do exactly that with Cam.

I’m at a point where I think Bill will ride Cam no matter what. Cam could throw 10 pick 6 against Miami and still be the starter against the Bills
We'd be a 2 win team with Hoyer.

I get the Cam hate but Hoyer is still worse.

Cam is not an actual NFL quality starting QB. I’m sorry to inform you of that.
And yet he is the best on the roster. The best gets to start. Makes sense to me.

If this situation was happening for the other 31 teams, we would be all saying that the coach has lost his mind and should be fired. But yet here we try to find 100 excuses to why we aren’t going to change anything. Only because some posters here thinks that Bill can’t make a bad decision.

The problem with the comparison is that Hoyer is 1/1 on shockers while Cam is about 4/10. Had Hoyer had 10 games, Bill obviously assumes he'd be even worse and have more of an 8/10 shocker rate.

This guy seems them day to day, whilst Cam isn't great and certainly isn't Brady...I doubt the others are any better. They just get the benefit of the doubt from not playing.

As he should be if we don’t have backups that are good enough to play in the league.

Even Tebow was better than Stidham. Might still be :)

If this situation was happening for the other 31 teams, we would be all saying that the coach has lost his mind and should be fired. But yet here we try to find 100 excuses to why we aren’t going to change anything. Only because some posters here thinks that Bill can’t make a bad decision.

That's fair but how many other teams have proven serial winners as their coach? He's earned an element of trust and therefore we have to assume he sees Cam as the best of the 3. It may be wrong but why would some geezers on a web forum know any better?

I just don't think we have a NFL starting QB on the roster. If all three suck at least Cam keeps everybody motivated

Bill has made plenty of bad decisions. Benching Butler was his worst.

This isn’t one of them.

We'd be a 2 win team with Hoyer.

I get the Cam hate but Hoyer is still worse.
Yes Hoyer is worse than which is hard to do but my point was why Cam gets a pass for every bad performances he has and Hoyer had one bad performance which was not as bad as some of the Cam ones and basically was even replaced by Stidham (which for most people here is not an nfl QB)

I love how Stid fans think we’re missing out on the next NFL star by keeping him on the bench. Lol.

5-7, 27 yards and sacked a bunch against a defense that clearly had its foot off the gas. Yawn. Maybe if he showed something like Jimmy did in that KC game Bill would not be saying Cam is our QB.

Exactly.

Reactions: sb1

I’m largely with you. But there is still some degree of unknown with Stidham until you give him a full game. With Cam we already know. The guy can’t play anymore. The pressure was difficult last night but that INT....my God.

Bill has made plenty of bad decisions. Benching Butler was his worst.

This isn’t one of them.
Yes it is. Cam is not getting the job done and costed us more games than wins. I don’t care if he plays Hoyer or Stidham, he could be playing the Denver kid. I don’t care.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back