PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we criticize the defense now? Is that allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patricia laid an egg today. Plain and simple.
Agreed. Do not get why people are defending him because we've have bad defensive drafts. The man's been here for 14 years, DC for six--you don't think he's had any say-so in the drafts??

I look forward to hearing more about Butler and what happened tonight. Kinda sucks if this is how the SB XLIX hero is pushed out the door...

I am so glad Patricia's out of here and we'll get some new blood at Defensive Coordinator. His defenses have always been middle-of-the-pack or worse (29th in the league this year!), but nobody notices because the offense wins in spite of them.

Someone who just bases their statements on the YARDAGE stat has no business talking in a football forum. It shows how you don't know wtf you are talking about.

BTW, SFBs, here are where the Pats have ranked (just on yardage) since Patricia was the DC:

2016 - 8th
2015 - 9th
2014 - 13th
2013 - 26th
2012 - 25th

8th and 9th aren't "middle of the pack" as you claim.

The Patriots had the following Scoring defenses: (points allowed)
2017 - 5th
2016 - 1st
2015 - 10th
2014 - 8th
2013 - 10th
2012 - 9th

That's a much more important stat.
So is the fact that they were without Rivers, Hightower, and Butler tonight on defense.

Foles is not second rate. The guy is really good, he just got to a a bad place at the right time. This time around he is at a right place at the right time. That Vikings D is really good and for them to have been demolished like that told me we were in trouble on D.
I really don't know how BB can fix this D if he really believes guys like Richards and Roberts gives him the best chance to win. Without Brady this game would have been ugly.

Has butler spoken to the media after game?

I agree. But 2 minutes has always been plenty for Brady.

Well our defense made sure that the eagles defense was well rested. The eagles burned a lot of time on that drive. It was pathetic.

or will we get shouted down with “lol fantasy geek stats are for losers” again?

Criticize to your heart's content. But make sure you have your facts in order..

I look forward to hearing more about Butler and what happened tonight. Kinda sucks if this is how the SB XLIX hero is pushed out the door...

I suppose. Apparently, Butler was told that he wouldn't start. His reaction to his coach's decision. Was it to say that he would do anything that he could to help the team? Or was it to cry his eyes out on national television?

Well our defense made sure that the eagles defense was well rested. The eagles burned a lot of time on that drive. It was pathetic.

Did you even watch the Eagles defense? They were huffing and puffing the ENTIRE 2nd half. They weren't close to well rested. What's pathetic is your continued uneducated comments.

I'm really interested to know the rationale for voluntarily shooting ourselves in the foot by removing a more talented defensive player from the game. Obviously he wasn't hurt or sick since he was playing on special teams, sooooo....?
They looked like they did in the Seattle game last year after Collins got traded. The D was just completely out of the game. Missed tackes. WTF.

If you think about it benching Butler is sorta similar to trading Collins. BB screwed with defense, only this time they didn't have a game to get their heads back together.

Butler said ‘i aint got nothing to say’. So likely its mire than just he was sick. I am really angry with BB right now

Criticize to your heart's content. But make sure you have your facts in order..

Hahaha. You're going to stand up for the defense and tell us they played well? Please do. I could use a laugh. School us on how this was a sterling defensive performance.

They were bad on 3rd down, really bad. They need some LB help, I think FA will be a better spot for them to address that position than the draft. No one talks about him but I thought Langi, might have been a player. He had a good camp and seemed to fit in, unfortunately he had that car crash.

You can't lug in a bunch of guys off the waiver wire and expect success, and the guys you draft like Roberts are just lost out there.

What can be expected from the LBs really? Bademosi? Richards?

Can't blame Patricia.
Come hell or high water you must pressure the QB. I don’t care if you have to bring the house to get pressure but pressure the QB YOU MUST.

Other than Gilmore, everybody played bad on defense. The Eagles O-line torched us, tackling was bad and we looked slow.

We just wasted one of the all-time great Brady games. Just one stop is all we needed. giving up a 7 min drive in the 4th like that. Do we try and pressure or were we too slow.

I suppose. Apparently, Butler was told that he wouldn't start. His reaction to his coach's decision. Was it to say that he would do anything that he could to help the team? Or was it to cry his eyes out on national television?

I mean he still played so not sure what your point is. I'm sure any starter who has practiced with the team all week in his starting position would be upset if he is told 10 minutes before game time he's essentially getting benched. The SB is the biggest game of these guys lives and a lot of them are super emotional for it. I think you are being overly harsh about it.

Get ready to give me the thumbs downs... But BB absolutely ****ed us tonight in regards to the Butler situation, and to not let Butler play instead having that scrub Richards go in there and **** on the field all game long, its such a damn slap to Malcolms face that I hope he leaves NE with a giant chip on his shoulder.

No damn player playing WELL not great, but WELL should be benched during the ****ing superbowl unless he killed someone this past week, he sent BBs daughter nudie pics, or he set a co workers pet on fire.

This defense is the result of piss poor decisions finally catching up to us, they made every kind of bum look like a damn all star all season long, and the offense wasnt able to bail them out this time.

Our defense was roasted and toasted. Missed a lot of tackles that allowed short gains to become BIG first downs for the Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents