PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we criticize the defense now? Is that allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is on the coaches. Not covering Jeffrey with Gilmore in the first half, never playing Butler when what they had on the field wasn't working. I wonder if Belichick's ego got in the way.

Everyone who said that the loss in SB46 was on the defense...

This is what it looks like when your defense losses the game for you.

More to the point, you can now say "this game is over"

Have fun on the Pistons, Patricia. Now I know how Falcons fans felt about Shanahan.

This is not on anything. The defense played up to its talent. The talent was bad not because the plan was bad, or because the coaching was bad, but because we were missing some people and the defense was a hodgepodge melange of spare parts.

Kudos to the Eagles for finding the holes. That's what a championship team does. I don't think it's fair to pretend that the defense gave the game away. The Eagles took the game from us because their combined team was better than ours. Foles played at an elite level tonight, and this isn't the first defense he picked apart -- that D up in Minnesota was pretty good too, and they stood no chance.

I think it's fair to remember to give credit to the opponent here.

Sure go at it.

Criticism is deserved.

Everyone who said that the loss in SB46 was on the defense...

This is what it looks like when your defense losses the game for you.

I am so glad Patricia's out of here and we'll get some new blood at Defensive Coordinator. His defenses have always been middle-of-the-pack or worse (29th in the league this year!), but nobody notices because the offense wins in spite of them.

Pathetic display tonight. Just absolutely pathetic. If they just got ONE big stop we win. And they couldn't do it. Offense did its job. Defense is the overrated pieces of **** most people thought they were.

Turns out Lombardi was once again totally right when he said this was an awful matchup. Could not stop third downs all game. Patricia coached his ass off but the lack of talent in the front 7 just was too much.

Also kinda fitting that all the calls that went our way throughout the regular season with TDs being wiped away went against us this time. Can't really complain about it.

Either way if you lose the turnover battle 1:3 you will not win many games. And this is where this game was lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back