SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Giants
Thu
Aug 29th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Strong Showing
Another dominating defensive performance by the Patriots as they continue to look strong during their win Thursday night over Carolina.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Can the thread police calm down now that it is the offseason?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by tombonneau, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +8,264
    If 95% of the posters don't visit those other (NFL, Draft, Visiting Locker Room) forums, then we may as well just get rid of them then, correct?

EDIT: by 'them', I mean the other forums, not the other posters. . .

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  2. ausbacker

ausbacker TB12 PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,048
    Pistol Harrison may just catch on. I'm liking it already.

I'd love to see Rodney line him up, make a shooting action towards him then absolute nail a forced fumble tackle next season.

3. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10
    Post of the day. Almost every thread that got moved had Pats talk in it. It's not as if there's tons of (reliable,confirmed) Pats news to talk about. Sometimes even DURING the season the Pats stay so close to the vest we're lucky we get anything LOL. BTW I wouldn't have them be any other way;)
    Anyway absolutely everything on our team right now is just speculation so why not have some football-related/Pats- related topics on your front page?
    One of the more interesting discussions right now (imho) is one about Eric Mangini and Cleveland's FO. Not directly Pats but certainly a topic many Pats fans can comment on intelligently. That thread's still in the main forum cuz it's got Mcdaniels in the title but everyone's discussing Mangini and Cleveland.

Point being, that's what people want to discuss. If they get sick of it or some concrete Pats news breaks,it'll drop off because people moved on,not because the thread got moved to oblivion. My 2:D

4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7
    I could see the bar being lowered on what deserves to remain on the pats forum...........many things have a direct relation to the pats and you never have a chance to bring up what it means to the pats by the time the thread is deported

now you have week old threads and stories dominating the most recent ones on the forum

granted some (like vincent jackson story) have no business on the pats forum in the first place, but legit football discussion should be given an opportunity to find effect on the pats before being judged

there are some 'purists' around here that seemingly only want to hear themselves talk

5. tombonneau

tombonneau In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +468
    I'm glad some people "get it." :D

The fact is I just popped by the board this morning, saw the main forum dominated by the same old Pats offseason stories 2x over as well as several other boring topics related to the Patriots. As a result, I'll probably visit the site far less today. This will stretch out into the offseason and might reach the point where I only pop in to check news in the morning.

I can't imagine it is the objective of Patsfans.com to suppress traffic, but what do I know ...

6. RayClay

RayClay Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +11,776
    I finally remembered where this was and was going to make a post, but why bother? I agree with posters here. This is called patsfans, not various scattered football fans.com

7. Cartwright

Cartwright On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1
    Here hear!!! The thread police are so anal, my posts must be approved by some jackhole before they are "published". That's why you'll never see this one, but at least it may force them to read your scathing remarks again:)