PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can JC Jackson make the Pro Bowl despite not being listed on ballot?

If I recall correctly there was an incident in Gainesville, with a charge of armed robbery or something along those lines. He was found not guilty, but was booted off the Gators football team.
I was about to say that the Pats should look at signing DeAndre Baker (he was cut by the Giants due to robbery charges that have just been dropped). But alas, I should have known, the Chiefs have already scooped in and added him to their stable of would be felons.

I was about to say that the Pats should look at signing DeAndre Baker (he was cut by the Giants due to robbery charges that have just been dropped). But alas, I should have known, the Chiefs have already scooped in and added him to their stable of would be felons.
Lol so you wanted us to sign him but slight the Chiefs for doing it?

Lol so you wanted us to sign him but slight the Chiefs for doing it?

Its a funny case, nobody really knows what went on, but the two players had their charges dropped and their two lawyers are the ones in trouble for paying off bribes.

Its not like he Ray Lewised someone...
My point was you wanted us to sign him. Then in the same post you make a remark about the Chiefs adding to their stable of felons. So you trash the Chiefs for doing the exact thing you wanted us to do.

I really hope the Pats didn’t intentionally leave this guy off the list due to upcoming contract negotiations. That’s lame

I really hope the Pats didn’t intentionally leave this guy off the list due to upcoming contract negotiations. That’s lame
How would it help negotiations if they intentionally pissed him off like that? Pro bowl selection or no, it matters not if the player will refuse to negotiate because of your bad faith tactics.

So yeah, it seriously was not done as any sort of negotiation ploy.

Anyhow I think it's a moot point since I'm fairly certain some other team will make an offer exceeding what the Pats value him.

Rams CB Darious Williams, tied for third in interceptions, was also added after the initial ballot was released.

Nice update from Reiss. I'm glad it wasn't ill intent. That would be totally messed up if the team did that on purpose.

Reminder: Jackson is a RFA next season, so the first-round tender is ~$5M. Doesn't prevent a long-term deal.

Nice update from Reiss. I'm glad it wasn't ill intent. That would be totally messed up if the team did that on purpose.

Well, that's what the team says. I like My Crease and all but this seemed a lot more calculated that just an oopsie. I think the Pats tried to sneak this one by the fans and unfortunately (in their eyes) they didn't.

And it doesn’t seem like something teams should have control over...

yea huge conflict of interest

I had no idea teams actually decide who gets considered for pro bowl voting... thats crazy

I think it could be as simple as the nyjfl requires teams to send their nominations by week 2 (a time when he hadnt done much). [i have No idea when that league-internal s: was, just saying.]

The probowl voting by most players and fans seems to go off last season's performance anyway. It really is a bit of a joke.

Well, that's what the team says. I like My Crease and all but this seemed a lot more calculated that just an oopsie. I think the Pats tried to sneak this one by the fans and unfortunately (in their eyes) they didn't.

Which outcome do you consider more likely:

A) Player never notices his name isn't on pro bowl ballot, shrugs when he's not elected to the pro bowl, loses bargaining power and signs long term contract with Pats for less money

B) Player notices his absence within 2 seconds of looking at the pro bowl ballot, feels wronged, gets angry, vows he won't re-up with the same team when his contract is up.

So yeah.... don't see the benefit of this for the Pats, unless there's something like bonus money that translates into a cap hit that carries over to next season as a consequence of him making pro bowl.

So it can't be on purpose if the team had absolutely no possible positive outcome.

This might be the first "Pro Bowl Ballot" snub that I've heard about.

Lots of money on the table if he makes the Pro Bowl and it will be interesting to see if he can make it. People love voting "name" guys even if they aren't that effective.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back