PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam working on rebuilding his throwing fundamentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Yeah it feels like Edelman isn’t quite giving him a rousing endorsement here and that says it all. Good luck to him hopefully his next team can benefit.

It’s Mac time baby. The future is here!

Last edited:
Not sure how you can read that article and come away thinking there's no way Cam starts this year. It alleges that he actually is making those improvements Edelman talked about.

The actual content comes from Reiss:
Quietly and with little fanfare, Cam Newton had been working with a throwing coach to rebuild some of his fundamentals this offseason. Some who shared a field with him this past week at voluntary Patriots workouts -- the first time players were on the field as the program shifted to its second phase -- noticed a difference. What does it mean in the big picture? The essence of the Patriots' offseason program is teaching-based, with the goal to give every player what they need so they can be in the best position to compete come training camp, so any pure evaluation is premature. But some teammates view Newton as getting off to a nice start last week.

BB seems committed to having Cam be the starter going into the season, so any improvement in his passing is a positive.

I hope he has improved a lot, but the biggest issue is also his decision making. I think he is taking too long to process the field now. It may have been playing with a new scheme last year, but I am not sure. I wish him the best. Who knows what our quarterback position will be at any point this season.

At least Cam is admitting to himself that he needs to fix negatives in his game. That’s a good start.
Key word is “start”. Wish him the best and hope he’s a quick study. But he has never been the kind of QB he’s trying to become and Mac already is. I would not be surprised to see Mac star game 1.

He needs to contrary to the homers who were buying into excuses for his terrible season.

Makes me very happy to hear the QB coach is working on Cam's mechanics. If i had to add my 2 cents to the coach it would be his soft throws for 5 or 10 yards with touch is his biggest downfall. He had alot of balls batted down last year and so if he could practice a (Lofted ball) that would be awesome. He's got this new Freight train Rhamondre Stevenson and White who can catch short and if Gunner and Bourne can do Eldelman routes we will have a good offense i.m.o. Teams will switch to man and then our New Tight ends can get some throws in the seam. If we had Julio we could really take the top of defenses but he is to expensive now.

Idk how many times I posted about this last year. Footwork, launch point .. Mechanics were up & down all year - a good part of his career. This isn't his first time going through this. Cam is a streaky player. I have no doubt he'll be better than last year. A healthy, on point Cam is a good problem to have. Even if it's just for a year.

If he's not a lot better, if he's only marginally improved from last year I'm hoping Bill pulls the plug. Offense is set up beautifully and holy smokes the defense could be good.

He's a "never been that accurate" QB to begin with, after two surgeries on his throwing shoulder.

Age won't end a career in football as quickly as injury will.

Breaking news: Kicker working on kicking. Receivers working on catching.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back