PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam working on rebuilding his throwing fundamentals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumped and Jacked after hearing this news!

Who are Stid and Hoyer?
One is a used car salesman and the other is the Georgetown mascot, I believe. Not sure why they were brought up. They’re irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Cam looks like me when I throw a football.
He looks terrible. He should press charges on whoever has been working on his mechanics for theft. Even in the pic, the legs are way too far apart (because they’re shot) and he’s contorting his body way too much to generate any sort of velocity on the football. Why is he doing that? He can no longer snap that arm because the shoulder is also shot. I’d be absolutely shocked if Mac didn’t win the starting job out of camp.

I don't know about commited. If Mac is straight up doing better than Cam in practice and preseason the job is his. He has to completely beat the guy though. If it's anywhere close... I think the decision becomes Cam, regardless of how many of us would disagree from our couches.
Cue Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine to 2001. I attended camp a lot that summer. Brady totally outplayed Bledsoe and since I did not follow college ball I had no idea who Brady was. In any case, it was Drew who started the season. Lost to lowly at the time Bungles and was losing to the Jete because of a throw right to a standing alone Jest LB when Mo Lewis saved the franchise.
In this case Mac is a total newbie to the NFL with zero seasons of training camp experience. Brady was on his 2nd.
I expect Cam to start unless he is injured or absolutely and unequivocally horrible which I do not expect.

He looks terrible. He should press charges on whoever has been working on his mechanics for theft. Even in the pic, the legs are way too far apart (because they’re shot) and he’s contorting his body way too much to generate any sort of velocity on the football. Why is he doing that? He can no longer snap that arm because the shoulder is also shot. I’d be absolutely shocked if Mac didn’t win the starting job out of camp.
He is hurt. He is compensating. This is why he is no longer a starter in the NFL. Let Mac start and have Cam come in when we are inside the 10 and run the ball.

He is hurt. He is compensating. This is why he is no longer a starter in the NFL. Let Mac start and have Cam come in when we are inside the 10 and run the ball.
If Cam Newton lose the job in Camp, he will be cut.

Hey - is this the thread where we root against our starting QB?
I hope the whole thing fails and we lose every game. I ****ing hate this team with a passion.

Good podcast with Josh Norris & Phil Perry. They discuss Cam’s current ability & Mac’s chances to win the starting job.

Norris is one of Cam’s biggest fans as he’s followed him closely in Carolina. He thinks Cam’s shoulder has been done since 2019.

As Kontra eloquently said these early pics aren’t promising regarding his mechanics.

Cue Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine to 2001. I attended camp a lot that summer. Brady totally outplayed Bledsoe and since I did not follow college ball I had no idea who Brady was. In any case, it was Drew who started the season.
Thanks a lot for sharing that from such a rare viewpoint. Not exactly the kind of stuff you get from just anyone.

Hey - is this the thread where we root against our starting QB?

What? Most of us are rooting for Mac.

But I kid…..I’m not rooting against Cam. I am rooting for all of the QBs, but am hoping that one of them separates himself and proves that he can be a guy who can take the Pats deep into the playoffs. People can whine about not having a WR1…blah, blah, but the QB position is the only thing that will hold them back, in my opinion.

Cam has a great work ethic, energy, leadership ability. If he can return to his 2018 form and be “the guy”….love it. . We can point out that his throwing motion still looks like a hot mess and still root for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore