PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam working on rebuilding his throwing fundamentals

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a "never been that accurate" QB to begin with, after two surgeries on his throwing shoulder.

Age won't end a career in football as quickly as injury will.
Don’t forget about all of the shots he’s taken to his legs over the course of his career too. A lot of power is generated in the legs and hips.

As one of the top running QB's in the game he doesn't need to be elite at throwing to be successful. I don't think people appreciate how much a little bit of improvement in throwing + better targets could change things. Maybe we're mediocre again, but I'm hopeful about the current lineup.

As one of the top running QB's in the game he doesn't need to be elite at throwing to be successful. I don't think people appreciate how much a little bit of improvement in throwing + better targets could change things. Maybe we're mediocre again, but I'm hopeful about the current lineup.
It's true he was dynamic as a rusher, but he's a decade older and is significantly more battered with tons of mileage. The issue is you shouldn't be rushing cam like he's 24 again, so if he isn't capable of being a decent passer he's not offering your offense much more than a Brian Hoyer.

They said this last season as well...
Link?

Under covid protocols, I doubt that any outside coaches were allowed contact with any players, at all. Even internal player-coach and player-player interactions were monitored and minimized. Some people got around some of those rules (see TB12 and the inapproved workouts) but if you think the Patriots would risk violating the rules that other teams can flaunt, you would be wrong. The eye of Sauron gazes upon us.

Link?

Under covid protocols, I doubt that any outside coaches were allowed contact with any players, at all. Even internal player-coach and player-player interactions were monitored and minimized. Some people got around some of those rules (see TB12 and the inapproved workouts) but if you think the Patriots would risk violating the rules that other teams can flaunt, you would be wrong. The eye of Sauron gazes upon us.
I dont have a link but remember one if the coaches on WEEI commenting that they were working on his mechanics last year.

Wait until you hear about Mac Jones studying the playbook.
Heard he’s the first one in the building and the last one out every day.

They said this last season as well...

Cam was not even a Patriot until late June last year.....it has only been 11 months in Foxboro for Cam so far....

It's true he was dynamic as a rusher, but he's a decade older and is significantly more battered with tons of mileage. The issue is you shouldn't be rushing cam like he's 24 again, so if he isn't capable of being a decent passer he's not offering your offense much more than a Brian Hoyer.
He had his 2nd best statistical season for rushing TD's and 2nd most attempts last season. I agree you probably shouldn't do that if you care about his safety and longevity, but seems like the strategy he/they are using is YOLO.

Is the coach named Tom House ? Both Cam and Mac could benefit from working w Dr House
You mean this guy?
Tom_House_1976.jpg

Ref: Tom House - Wikipedia

I guess I got a thing for people who played for the Red Sox in the 1970s, so it seems...

Cam worked with House previously

It doesn't sound like they're working together currently, but it's possible

Whoever is working with newton has his work cut out for him! There are offensive linemen that throw a better pass than newton!

The actual content comes from Reiss:

BB seems committed to having Cam be the starter going into the season, so any improvement in his passing is a positive.

I don't know about commited. If Mac is straight up doing better than Cam in practice and preseason the job is his. He has to completely beat the guy though. If it's anywhere close... I think the decision becomes Cam, regardless of how many of us would disagree from our couches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes