PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

Well, y'all got y'all wish. Hope y'all give Mac Jones the same energy y'all gave Cam if we have a losing season. Be fair.

Man, it seems like only yesterday that everybody was laughing about what BS Belichick was peddling by "not naming a starter" when it was SO obvious that Newton was starting, even though Jones was obviously the better choice and somehow stubborn Bill was the only person in the world not to accept it because he loved Newton blindly and unconditionally.

Huh, that was just yesterday. Time flies when you're a Pats fan!
As someone said above, a big man does not kick those who are already down, but I guess you are not even a man so go ahead and do you.

This is basically Macs growing pains season.

Some have them waiting and watching from the bench and others out there with the wolves.

Belichick not as stubborn as I thought. Absolutely the right move. Cam as a back up makes no sense.
I hope everyone remembers that he is a rookie and he will make rookie mistakes. I am ready for the ride, just hope majority are not looking for Brady in year 15 performance

Why does he need a vaccine for a disease he already had?

Because the NFL rules, rightly or wrongly, don't distinguish between unvaccinated players that have had the disease and those that don't. Chances are he has similar (or maybe even a bit better) immunity than after a vaccine, but if he so much as sniffs a positive contact he would be out for a minimum of 5 days. That's very likely to happen at some point in the season, and means the Pats would have to carry 3 QBs. If you are unvaccinated your reliability takes a significant hit under these rules.

Edit:

Last edited:
The only bigger shock than Cam being released is Mac beating Brady. It’s not gonna happen. Just look back to 2016, Brady’s 1st game back vs Cleveland, Brady will be on a mission. BUT, if Mac can keep it close, oh my.

It’s gonna be really interesting the first 4 games, 3 of those games against EXCELLENT defenses. Oline and run game really need to step it up.

Game 1- Mac vs Tua
Game 2- Mac vs Zach
Game 4- Mac vs Brady

Holy Schnickes.
Wait did you just call the jets an excellent defense?

The only bigger shock than Cam being released is Mac beating Brady. It’s not gonna happen. Just look back to 2016, Brady’s 1st game back vs Cleveland, Brady will be on a mission. BUT, if Mac can keep it close, oh my.

It’s gonna be really interesting the first 4 games, 3 of those games against EXCELLENT defenses. Oline and run game really need to step it up.

Game 1- Mac vs Tua
Game 2- Mac vs Zach
Game 4- Mac vs Brady

Holy Schnickes.

Mac is a smart kid. He will have up and downs but i actually expect more ups. Has to learn how to maneuver in the pocket when the play is not there.

As someone said above, a big man does not kick those who are already down, but I guess you are not even a man so go ahead and do you.
Her message was about the irony of the fans on this message board. She's not kicking anyone while they're down.

She'd have to mention specific names and didn't

I never wanted Cam here to begin with, I always viewed him as the guy who did not jump on the ball in the super bowl. He got here and I came to like him as a person and he played pretty good the first few games before he tested positive for covid. Then when he came back it was just so obvious he was not the guy. 8TDs in 15 games and I saw nothing in preseason that made me think he was suddenly going to be able to improve. They had Jones running the hurry up no huddle not Cam. Cam I like you, I think you are a good guy but I'd rather move on with someone with more upside for the long term than have another 2020 year.
I never wanted him back. But once they resigned him, I was gonna root for him if he was the starter. Happy he’s gone.

Wow, I am shocked! Never did I expect this, I guess BB finally had seen enough on Sunday. I wondered why he was benched after only 2 series !

While I am a bit surprised by this since they treated Cam like he was QB1 all preseason, I am really OK with it and looking forward to see which Mac can do. It could be a wild ride.
At least they can say they gave Cam every chance to win the job, gave him all the respect a former MVP has earned.

I thought his Int was a fairly well placed ball that the defender just made a huge play on?
Yes, but the point was that Cam forced it into Meyers when Bourne was wide open further outside the hash marks.

Might not be fair, we'll never know if Mac would have read it differently, maybe it was just karma at play...

The problem is that Can threw to a receiver who was doubled instead of the open receiver in Bourne on the outside. And Bourne likely would have picked up 50+ or possibly a TD..

I plan on rewatching the game tonight, I was doing my fantasy draft at the same time the game was on so i missed a lot of details for a chunk of the first 1-2 quarters

Belichick not as stubborn as I thought. Absolutely the right move. Cam as a back up makes no sense.
Cam would have accepted the back up roll for maybe a week that then he would start moping, and biotching it might have devided the locker room but he certainly would become a major distraction leading up to opening day and beyond. I'm very relieved he was cut now.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back