PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton Tests Positive; Out for KC game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative tests are tricky to interpret in part because of the issue of timing. After people are exposed to the coronavirus, they incubate it for several days before testing positive or showing symptoms. In a systematic review of seven studies published in May, researchers at Johns Hopkins University analyzed how long this process typically takes. They found that the most widely used test, called a P.C.R. test, was most likely to come back positive eight days after an exposure to the virus, which tended to coincide with a person’s third day of symptoms. Still, even on this ideal day, the tests came back negative on average in 20 percent of people who later tested positive.

Exactly.

8 days ago would be BEFORE the Raiders game.

With the doom and gloom in this thread, I bet 75% of Patsfans posters thought the world was gonna end on Y2K...if they were even walking yet...

I think you have it in reverse. They were probably around 50 right before Y2K.

With the doom and gloom in this thread, I bet 75% of Patsfans posters thought the world was gonna end on Y2K...if they were even walking yet...
Some of us are talking facts, others are talking shytte.

You don't really have a point. You're just talking out of your ass.

Oh good, the Bucs fans are finally joining us. :rolleyes: Where's Bucsboy12?

This Nfl season looks like it will be a weird one to say the least...It is only beginning october...

Get well Cam...

Not absolute truth depending on how you define 'outbreak', but IMO passes for 'truthy':

They should postpone the game altogether. I am surprised that the Chiefs and Patriots even want this game when other players could have been exposed . I have a feeling this is going to snowball very quickly !

That seems.. odd. Rapid testing shouldn’t take that long.
Nope. I got tested last weekend after going to a packed bar and strip club at a bachelor party the weekend before. Tested at 8:30 AM and had my result texted by 11:00 AM. Tested negative. I was surprised. Thought for sure I was going to get it from the strip club.

They should postpone the game altogether. I am surprised that the Chiefs and Patriots even want this game when other players could have been exposed . I have a feeling this is going to snowball very quickly !
They have postponed the game. Not yet rescheduled. The NFL hopes to play Mon or Tues. They will not.

What is irresponsible is shutting down the entire country, and destroying the economy for a disease that hurts the elderly and is less dangerous to the under 40 population then the flu is. Protect the elderly and let the rest of the country get back to normal. Oh, California just passed Sweden in deaths per million from covid. How is that lockdown with masks working????

Good look. You're old, **** you and go die. And the lockdown with masks isn't working because there isn't a lockdown with masks.

Nope. I got tested last weekend after going to a packed bar and strip club at a bachelor party the weekend before. Tested at 8:30 AM and had my result texted by 11:00 AM. Tested negative. I was surprised. Thought for sure I was going to get it from the strip club.

Careful, @KontradictioN, you still may. Which test did you get? At 8:30 the next morning?

A co-worker got one and had his results within an hour. I guess it depends on all sorts of variables, but you’d think there would be a better testing timeline for the NFL. I’m actually pretty damn surprised about their timeline. I had to get a regular Covid test a week and a half ago because I was getting a transient fever. It was odd. Had to be out all week from work until my results which really blew.

There have actually been none. Originally a few Koreans were thought to have caught it a second time, but the tests were found to be faulty and they actually didn't.

I remember that kerfuffle early on, and you are right about the result. But there have since been a handful of confirmed reinfection cases getting a vast amount of publicity. There have also been many apocryphal claims of reinfection. It's really hard to wade through all the politics with COVID, but I've tried on this reinfection issue, and I stand by this (recent) expert quote as most likely true: “It’s possible to get re-infected, but its is a very, very rare event and in general that most people develop a fairly robust immune response after being infected with COVID the first time around.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News