PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton Tests Positive; Out for KC game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao.

Well, 2-2 isn't too bad I guess assuming we likely lose barring something crazy. I bet a few people here had us at 1-3 or even 0-4.
2-2 seems fine. Losses at Seattle and KC are nothing to be ashamed of. I think we hover around .500 for most of the season. I didn't expect the Bills to be 4-0 as they usually find a way to blow games they should win. Our 2 games with them will either keep the division close if we can win them or at least split. If they beat us then we are probably 3 or more games out of first and vying for the 4-7 wildcards.

I had a dream last night...... or at least think it was a dream. If not, please tell me it wasn't. Brian Hoyer was ripping the KC defense apart and we ended up winning the game 34-24. I looked at whoever was in the room with me and simply said: "That's Hoyer the destroyer" all confidently.

It was a dream? Wasn't it.....

lol.

I do think going from a Cam offense to Hoyer is also very different than going from a Brady offense to Hoyer.

Bill will have them ready to play, and this game will be won or lost on the Pats defense not offense.

Lmao.

Well, 2-2 isn't too bad I guess assuming we likely lose barring something crazy. I bet a few people here had us at 1-3 or even 0-4.
My disappointment is I really thought this was a winnable game with Cam. I really think this team is better than many believe with him in the lineup. Without him, I don't see a win.

Of course there are no moral victories in the NFL...you either win or you're chopped dogmeat, but....if the score is close or the Patriots can disrupt the Chiefs offense with some effectiveness, I'd consider that to be an extremely valuable moral victory as the season continues to unfold. Of course, I could be fulla bull (normal) and the Pats get squashed like a bug on a windshield.

Too bad Cam couldn't get that one yard. 3-0 right now would be gravy.

2-2 seems fine. Losses at Seattle and KC are nothing to be ashamed of. I think we hover around .500 for most of the season. I didn't expect the Bills to be 4-0 as they usually find a way to blow games they should win. Our 2 games with them will either keep the division close if we can win them or at least split. If they beat us then we are probably 3 or more games out of first and vying for the 4-7 wildcards.
Still think we're winning about 11 games

Still think we're winning about 11 games

agreed, my safe prediction is 10 wins, go on the road round 1. Optimistic is 12 wins, win division and host round one. Guess thats one of the plusses of potentially losing a game without cam is that there really isnt any homefield adv this year so seeding is irrelevant other than #1 which likely isn’t in play for us. Anyways i had this game pegged a loss with cam.

The problem is Buffalo may win 12-13 games...I think we're headed for a 6 or 7 seed and we'll be fighting Indy and Baltimore for the top WC spot.

Buffalo's schedule is really hard. Like us, they have to play the NFC and AFC West, plus they have Pitt and the Titans. 13 games would be really impressive with a schedule like that and I don't think their defense is up to the task.

seems like a lot of people like to extrapolate these "final records" without ever factoring in KEY INJURIES. If Allen goes down in Buffalo, Matt Barkley is going to continue them on the road to 14 wins? It's like trying to figure out the win total using Cam Newton versus Brian Hoyer. It could be anything swinging from 2-14 to 14-2. When I think of what makes a season hard, it's injuries, injuries ,injuries. The schedule should never figure into it, (IMO of course)

The problem is Buffalo may win 12-13 games...I think we're headed for a 6 or 7 seed and we'll be fighting Indy and Baltimore for the top WC spot.
Just get in. I also think we're beating Buffalo after 49ers game, but we'll see.

Too bad Cam couldn't get that one yard. 3-0 right now would be gravy.

It was McDaniels' fault for going to well one too many times...Bobby Wagner later said he knew they were going to the left side with Cam.

This fcking league is beyond fixed. Last season they take away 2 TDs. Now they don't even let our starting QB suit up. I guarrantee you no player from KC gets the COVID this season. What a fcking joke.

Yeah, it doesn’t sound like something that has any basis in reality. It’s a dream.
Sounds more like some Purple Haze I dropped back in 1970.

Sounds more like some Purple Haze I dropped back in 1970.
well, that musta been wearhoused in SanFran because Purple Haze hit the streets in '68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe