PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam didn't get it (Water is wet)

Much as I love Mac, I was sad to see Cam go. He's a funny guy, a quality person and a great teammate. I think he would have done much better in his second season with the added weapons.
I wasn't sorry, and I don't think much would have changed. But i did like the guy

We were better off with Jones playing last year. Cam wasn't taking us anywhere so you may as well go with the future instead of the past.

I know, just poking fun at those that dont think McD leaving is influencing anything about the playbook!
Who's saying that? Even a current offensive starter (Bourne) is on record saying the playbook and system are different this year. The first thing out of Jakob Johnson's mouth after leaving the team was that the Patriots informed him the fullback position was completely being removed from the offense.

Cam just wasn’t good anymore, it was painfully obvious. Statistically it was one of the worst passing seasons in the last 30+ years for the Pats. Just tough to watch. I wound up liking him as a person, and his teammates loved him, but he was just bad. His brief time as the starter of the Panthers last year was just more proof that he’s a bad QB.

Cam was a blowhard when he came into the league and his main goal was to become an "icon." That got him started wrong with me and I never warmed up to him. I'll give him some props now for admitting that he was clueless when he was here but I still don't like him much. But if he were to come back and be the Pats starter now I wouldn't like it but I'd have to root for him again. Such is the life of a fan.

Emotional Damage GIF by Jennifer Accomando

Much as I love Mac, I was sad to see Cam go. He's a funny guy, a quality person and a great teammate. I think he would have done much better in his second season with the added weapons.

Nah, his throwing shoulder died a while back. He throws the football like a javelin.

Nah, his throwing shoulder died a while back. He throws the football like a javelin.

He kinda always did though, maybe not as pronounced then as it is now, and also maybe that's part of the reason his shoulder got messed-up in the first place... Refining his technique while remembering his fundamentals were never Cant's strong suit anyway...

Last edited:
His passing windows were created by the threat of his running. Once the running threat diminished, it was always going to be tough on him as his accuracy was always a worry when he couldn't throw on a rollout or something like that.

Guys like Elway, who could run but ALSO was accurate from the pocket, could continue to operate once their running skills diminished.

If javelins could bounce the analogy would work.

Really ugly football. Can't explain how I felt watching it. A few plays away from 9 - 7 which is unfathomable. I think in Carolina he was winless which is fitting. The "better than #32" is meant to sound cute but is flat out wrong.

His passing windows were created by the threat of his running. Once the running threat diminished, it was always going to be tough on him as his accuracy was always a worry when he couldn't throw on a rollout or something like that.

Guys like Elway, who could run but ALSO was accurate from the pocket, could continue to operate once their running skills diminished.

Yep, it's a testament to his laziness that he was such an inaccurate passer outside the pocket... One would ass-ume that somebody who was paid as much as he was, in no small part because of his running ability, would at some point take enough pride in his craft to learn how to throw more accurate passes while, you know, on the run... but that's the Icon for ya...

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back