PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam didn't get it (Water is wet)

He’s definitely not the first. Probably won’t be the last.

Definitely a bigger fan of him now than I was before his tenure here, despite the disappointing results and no desire to see him qb this team again.
Much as I love Mac, I was sad to see Cam go. He's a funny guy, a quality person and a great teammate. I think he would have done much better in his second season with the added weapons.

should have ended the post here. It was perfect, post of the day worthy.

No.
I actually think he may have performed better than the prior year, but certainly not as well as Mac.

I actually think he may have performed better than the prior year, but certainly not as well as Mac.
define better? 10 passing tds vs 8?

He was a great teammate here... did his thing, cant complain bout that... but his days as a 20+ td passer are and were over... that shoulder injury he got in 2018 basically killed his career as a qb.

Apparently it was the situations that were bad not him. I watched the podcast he discussed this on and gained a little more respect for Channing Crowder as a podcaster. He called Cam out when Cam said he was still one of the best 32 QBs out there. Crowder basically told him you got old and you're not one of the best 32 anymore.

define better? 10 passing tds vs 8?

He was a great teammate here... did his thing, cant complain bout that... but his days as a 20+ td passer are and were over... that shoulder injury he got in 2018 basically killed his career as a qb.
I do think that Jonnu would have been much more involved, Cam has had success with tight ends in the past. We had a good weapon who was wasted in an overly conservative game plan. Cam is a mere shadow of his former self, though

I think he would have done much better in his second season with the added weapons.

Then he should have proven this in training camp. But because he didn't take the vaccine, he was out, and Mac took over.

Can never recovered from his 2018 injury and declined. No harm no foul. He was a last minute move for us to mark the season more tolerable than rolling with Stidham, and we gave him a chance.

Then he should have proven this in training camp. But because he didn't take the vaccine, he was out, and Mac took over.
Even though I think Cam would have been better in 2021 than 2020, I thought Mac earned the job.

Apparently it was the situations that were bad not him. I watched the podcast he discussed this on and gained a little more respect for Channing Crowder as a podcaster. He called Cam out when Cam said he was still one of the best 32 QBs out there. Crowder basically told him you got old and you're not one of the best 32 anymore.
Pretty much told him right to his face that he sucked in NE. Impressed.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back