PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam’s comments after the game - “we’ve still got guys that just don’t get it”

Whether he is right or wrong, is someone going to tell Cam that when he doesn’t get it, he doesn’t get a free pass to call out others for not getting it? Here’s a thought, who is he talking about and why are they getting playing time if they don’t get it? Or, by saying guys that don’t get it, is he not talking about schematics and is instead talking about having the right kind of attitude?

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
When has Harry blamed others?
His trainer blamed Cam. Maybe he said something maybe he didn’t. Maybe Cam’s comment was aimed at Harry maybe it wasn’t.

I didn't take his comment to be malicious when looked at in context. He precedes and follows-up that comment with words that basically indicate, "look, we have guys new to the system who're still trying to figure it out and they're busting their asses to do so".
Seemed like he was talking about distinct people: 1. those who still don't get it; and 2. those who are working their asses off.

Seemed like he was talking about distinct people: 1. those who still don't get it; and 2. those who are working their asses off.
Not talking his side, but I suspect that if (1) there is a difference between those working and those who don’t get it (2) and by everyone’s account he’s working hard (3) that he is telling us HE gets it, and others are the problem.

That’s fine, other than it shows a touch of lack of awareness at his performance. Sure, he’s not playing with the SF from the 80s. But he’s a pretty big part of the problem.

I personally like much of what he says and brings - it’s been a surprise as I was against the signing, thinking Cam was all « me first ». But his production as a passer leaves much to be desired.

This is literally the only bad thing he's said to the media as a member of the Patriots, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, what I won't give him the benefit of the doubt on is his on-field play. That ship has sailed, and now that our season is officially a bust, I say **** it. Start Stidham.

We've also have a QB that hates throwing touchdowns. plenty of blame to go around, cam.

It is getting harder and harder for guys to keep it in. First Harry's trainer and now Cam. That is what happens with losing.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I like Cam. We all do. And it means nothing. Let’s stop saying it.

This board should change “I like Cam” to “ibid.”

Anyway, Harry is awful.

This thread is BS, here's the full quote:

Mike Reiss ESPN Staff Writer​

"It's frustrating but I don't want to just dwell on what's the obvious. This whole season has kind of been the tale of just coming up a tad bit short. We've still got guys that are new to this system. We've still got guys that are young. We've still got guys that just don't get it. And we've still got guys that are battling their tails off each and every week. So we've just got to keep building on the optimism of what we can become and just move from there."

I would give him the benefit of the doubt since it may have just come out wrong, but it is also a conveniently timed poor statement. Bill can start Stidham and point to this saying “you need to watch what you say, I was playing you because the locker room likes you but you potentially ruined that here.”

but then play Cam again the next week so they can ensure the Jets win and lose Lawrence. Perfect!

I would give him the benefit of the doubt since it may have just come out wrong, but it is also a conveniently timed poor statement. Bill can start Stidham and point to this saying “you need to watch what you say, I was playing you because the locker room likes you but you potentially ruined that here.”

but then play Cam again the next week so they can ensure the Jets win and lose Lawrence. Perfect!
Cam puts a lot of effort into trying to say the right thing and sound intelligent (which he just doesn't seem to have a handle on, but he can fool you if you're not paying attention). You're probably right.

It's hard to tell but I think he's talking about effort more than anything.

Look, the guy wasn't a success here and I doubt he'll be back but I think he cared and I think he did try he's just probably done for his career at this point. If you wanna rag on him for not producing that's fine but if there are people phoning it in that's worth calling out.

I read this as 1. Harry 2. Meyers. But really who knows? Newton was probably frustrated all-around. Harry’s trainer did him no favors, though.

double post

Cam might be the worst starting QB in the league...he's just awful

Cam might be the worst starting QB in the league...he's just awful
Agree 100%. This is very Jet-like, saying Cam is my QB, yet the guy has FIVE TD passes all year, FIVE in 300 pass attempts ! Stidham has 2 TD passes in 33 pass attempts.

Name one coach, besides Belichick, who would keep going back to the worst starting QB in the NFL ? This is very Jet’s like. Even ****ing Gardner Minshew has 14 TD passes.

Agree 100%. This is very Jet-like, saying Cam is my QB, yet the guy has FIVE TD passes all year, FIVE in 300 pass attempts ! Stidham has 2 TD passes in 33 pass attempts.

Name one coach, besides Belichick, who would keep going back to the worst starting QB in the NFL ? This is very Jet’s like. Even ****ing Gardner Minshew has 14 TD passes.
If the Pats had a real backup QB prospect then the switch would have been made weeks ago.

It's a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma sitting upon a never ending shyt sandwich buffet of disappointments....sorry, this is all I got... o_O

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back