PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam’s comments after the game - “we’ve still got guys that just don’t get it”

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

“Obviously it’s frustrating,” quarterback Cam Newton said, “but like I said, I don’t want to just dwell on what’s the obvious. And this whole season has been the tale of just coming up a tad bit short. Call it however you want to, we’ve still got guys that are new to this system, we’ve still got guys that’s young, we’ve still got guys that just don’t get it, and we’ve still got guys that’s battling their tails off every week. So we’ve just got to keep building upon the optimism of what we can become.”

—————
Oh?

Wow. I wonder who he’s talking about??? :rolleyes:

Is Cam really in a position to be pointing fingers and calling people out like that? I think he just made his exit a lot quicker if it is what I read it to be.

Interesting comment but it shouldn’t have come from him.

Cam is in denial.

He actually is calling out others and doesnt believe that he is part of the problem?
Yep that's it!! 100% spot on. You sir, hit the nail on the head and I can see why you proudly own the title "Hall of Fame Poster" on this here message board! :)

Is Cam really in a position to be pointing fingers and calling people out like that? I think he just made his exit a lot quicker if it is what I read it to be.

Interesting comment but it shouldn’t have come from him.
Nope. But he did. It’s not exactly a mystery as to who he is referring to. The question becomes how much of this is actually true and how much of it is a retaliatory shot for what Harry’s trainer said?

Nope. But he did. It’s not exactly a mystery as to who he is referring to. The question becomes how much of this is actually true and how much of it is a retaliatory shot for what Harry’s trainer said?
My first thought. I assumed it was some indirect millennial shot at Harry.

My first thought. I assumed it was some indirect millennial shot at Harry.
That must be it.

Harry doesnt get the ball. Along with about 4 other guys.

What did Harry's trainer said?

“Obviously it’s frustrating,” quarterback Cam Newton said, “but like I said, I don’t want to just dwell on what’s the obvious. And this whole season has been the tale of just coming up a tad bit short. Call it however you want to, we’ve still got guys that are new to this system, we’ve still got guys that’s young, we’ve still got guys that just don’t get it, and we’ve still got guys that’s battling their tails off every week. So we’ve just got to keep building upon the optimism of what we can become.”

—————
Oh?
Maybe someone should explain to cam that catching the ball on a bounce doesnt count.

What did Harry's trainer said?
In the quote below, Whitfield is Harry's trainer.

“We’ve got a new quarterback. We’ve got to put some of that (expletive) on Cam,” Whitfield said. “Cam hasn’t been the most accurate this year. Like if (N’Keal) had Tom Brady, Tom Brady would’ve fed him. But we’re back there with Cam and Cam’s getting acclimated to the offense, too.”
Whitfield added: “It’s a big deal coming from Tom Brady to Cam Newton. … That’s one of Cam Newton’s biggest issues is mechanics.”

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back