PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

By the numbers: Patricia's offense downright offensive

He already has excused that one away, look a handful of posts up
I don’t need to excuse anything, Zappe played better against Chicago despite not practicing as the starter all week.

He couldn’t prevent the defense from playing like crap.

They’re not “cherry picked stats.” They’re simple basic QB stats that are inconvenient for you.
I have nothing against Zappe, and have gone out of my way to note that I’ve become more critical of Mac. So the argument that they are “inconvenient to me” falls flat. They’re cherry picked. n = 2 for one QB, when it should = 3, and n = 8 for the other. You have done nothing to analyze Mac’s stats against similar pass defenses to Detroit or Cleveland. You’ve done nothing to break down just what QB rating is. Instead of analyzing Zappe in the Chicago game, you’ve excused it away. You have a bias and you clearly either never took a statistics class, or you failed it.

All of this is fine. You’re allowed to have an opinion. But stick with the hot hand argument and don’t try to use stats to make it if you’re not going to add any context or take sample size into account.

I already said what BB did.

He protected his player after he got booed off the field to chants for Zappe.
So he lied publicly, you also didn’t acknowledge the reports pre game that align with playing both qbs. Either way, your excuses don’t fly

Why did reporting confirm that they weren’t 100% in on Mac playing the full game?

Come on man, Bill had everyone believing Mac would be a game time decision against GB. It's called misinformation. What matters is who practiced w/ 1st team. Mac took 100% of those snaps while Zappe was doing mental snaps. Lol

Come on man, Bill had everyone believing Mac would be a game time decision against GB. It's called misinformation. What matters is who practiced w/ 1st team. Mac took 100% of those snaps while Zappe was doing mental snaps. Lol
Who practiced with the first team against GB?

Who practiced with the first team against GB?
Hoyer. Belichick said for 4 straight weeks after Mac's injury that there was a possibility Mac could start. It was stupid but I guess he believed this gamesmanship had some sort of value.

Hoyer. Belichick said for 4 straight weeks after Mac's injury that there was a possibility Mac could start. It was stupid but I guess he believed this gamesmanship had some sort of value.
So how did Zappe play well if hoyer took all the first team reps? Which is my only point. I won’t say zappe was bad against the bears because he didn’t practice with the first team during the week

So how did Zappe play well if hoyer took all the first team reps? Which is my only point. I won’t say zappe was bad against the bears because he didn’t practice with the first team during the week
Zappe was thrown into the GB game cold for his 1st start ever, was asked to do little but performed well given the circumstances. It is what it is.

So he lied publicly, you also didn’t acknowledge the reports pre game that align with playing both qbs. Either way, your excuses don’t fly

Yes, yes he did... Because that's what he does when a microphone's in front of him.

I don’t need to excuse anything, Zappe played better against Chicago despite not practicing as the starter all week.

He couldn’t prevent the defense from playing like crap.

He had 5 batted passes and 2 interceptions.

He had 5 batted passes and 2 interceptions.

And also had no practice time with the first team all week.

Those subsequent "wins" vs the Jete twice & the bloodClots? Easier - FAR EASIER - if Zappy were the QB. Fact.

Bill never, EVER should've started a not-ready-for-prime-time NewTonyEason on Monday night. That is Beyond Obvious now.

And also had no practice time with the first team all week.

Those subsequent "wins" vs the Jete twice & the bloodClots? Easier - FAR EASIER - if Zappy were the QB. Fact.

Bill never, EVER should've started a not-ready-for-prime-time NewTonyEason on Monday night. That is Beyond Obvious now.

How is it a fact? Its just as much a "fact" that he could've continued to look like he did against the Bears.

That is when not playing from ahead with the running game/defense playing perfect. He looked overmatched. That jets defense is even better than the bears. Ie that is we don't know how he would've performed. He wasn't asked to do much in his wins. To "win us the game"

That being said Bill should've never started Mac that week if he wasn't ready. How he handled that game was abysmal. And it blew up in Bills face.

How is it a fact? Its just as much a "fact" that he could've continued to look like he did against the Bears.

That is when not playing from ahead with the running game/defense playing perfect. He looked overmatched. That jets defense is even better than the bears. Ie that is we don't know how he would've performed. He wasn't asked to do much in his wins. To "win us the game"

That being said Bill should've never started Mac that week if he wasn't ready. How he handled that game was abysmal. And it blew up in Bills face.
What? He came in cold w/o any 1st team practices, behind 10-0 and proceeded to lead the team to a 14-10 lead. The D then allowed 23 straight points:
TD
FG
FG
FG
TD
PUNT

Sure he didn't perform well in the 2nd half. He's a rookie that came in cold. It happens.

What? He came in cold w/o any 1st team practices, behind 10-0 and proceeded to lead the team to a 14-10 lead. The D then allowed 23 straight points:
TD
FG
FG
FG
TD
PUNT

Sure he didn't perform well in the 2nd half. He's a rookie that came in cold. It happens.
Again, then how did he play well in GB?

He's fearless.
So he played poorly against Chicago because of his practice reps, but with the same reps he played fairly well against GB because he’s fearless? Can’t have that both ways, either the reps matter or they don’t

Question: what has 22 legs yet cannot move?

At this point in time it's tough to grade Mac Jones (Or Bailey Zappe) considering the poor coaching on display.
The poor coaching has had a real impact on the OL and the play calling. Sad but true.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back