PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buy low- Carson Wentz

Want a fill-in QB for a few years? Go after Alex Smith. Looks like he's fully recovered, obviously has the drive and determination, would be a good fit here for 3 years allowing BB to draft and groom a replacement franchise QB.

The key principle of investing is to buy low on something that is abnormally low and should/will be higher not to buy low stocks with no value.

Carson Wentz is crap. If you think Cam's pocket awarneness is bad, wait until you watch Wentz every week.

Hard pass.

it’s hard to have pocket awareness when no pocket exist. That one I will give him.

Last edited:
Want a fill-in QB for a few years? Go after Alex Smith. Looks like he's fully recovered, obviously has the drive and determination, would be a good fit here for 3 years allowing BB to draft and groom a replacement franchise QB.
Why exactly would The Football Team trade Smith?

it’s hard to have pocket awareness when no pocket exist. That one I will give him.
Knowing he has a terrible line he still will not get rid of the ball. He holds it then scrambles around in the pocket into a sack. He really might be worse than Cam in that aspect and that is saying something.

We NEED a QB to win the Championship next year. I suggest we trade for Brady.
I’m like 99% sure Brady has a no trade clause and the only way he ever comes back here is if he hits free agency and the franchises begs on its hands and knees. There is no way he is letting any team merely discard him and making him look bad.

No way Wentz would want to come to NE. I think we have to get used to the fact that we are not THAT team anymore.

No way Wentz would want to come to NE. I think we have to get used to the fact that we are not THAT team anymore.

Huh? What fact? To come to one of the best organizations in football? Also they’re not in cap he’ll like the iggles. Anyway no thanks!

Carson Wentz, Nick Mullens....why do people on here want to sign every schitt quarterback in the league? Next Patsfans thread..."Should WE sign Cody Carlson"...the WE thing here is annoying... no one here is on the team and frankly no one on the team gives a crap about anyone on this forum

Carson Wentz, Nick Mullens....why do people on here want to sign every schitt quarterback in the league? Next Patsfans thread..."Should WE sign Cody Carlson"...the WE thing here is annoying... no one here is on the team and frankly no one on the team gives a crap about anyone on this forum
Probably because we have had to endure awful Cam so anyone seems better. But to answer your question, because Bill left this team with no transition at all despite having Brady at ages 40,41,42. No QB plan whatsoever so we are all spit balling because you would have thought that the last GM/coach on earth to leave his team void at the most critical position would be Bill.

Big fan of Malik Jackson. Hoping he is a cap casualty and finds his way over here.

Wentz gets a paper cut and goes on ir. No thank you!

Big fan of Malik Jackson. Hoping he is a cap casualty and finds his way over here.
There's so much dead money remaining in his contract that cutting or trading him barely covers a minimum salary replacement. He's one of many guys who they'll have to extend, either a real extension or another fake one that just pushes more money to future years.

Since BB has pretty much spent 2020 proving he can win with the worst starting QB in the league...

I assume his plan for 2021 will be proving he doesn't a QB at all. Probably draft some athletic guy from Northern Maine Community College to fill in as the QB. And then use a mix of the wildcat, flea flickers, and designed runs with the new guy, Jacobi Meyers, and Julian Edelman.

Edelman will probably start at QB week 1 for the LOLs.

Use the cap space saved to create an invincible defense.

A key principle of investing is to buy when the stock is low and sell when it is high. For the patriots this principle applies to Carson Wentz. I feel this would be a great time to try to trade for Wentz. I think you could get him for a second round pick, which I would do in a second.
A second round pick??!? Why don't we just sell Apple stock and buy Enron while we're at it?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back