PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buy low- Carson Wentz

Its not easy to find a franchise QB. Have to take some risks. Patriots are not getting a franchise QB in draft this year and even if they find someone promising it will take years to develop. Cam and Stidham are not Championship caliber QB's. Yes Wentz is costly from a $ perspective, but he was once MVP material and viewed widely as a top 5 QB.

The next Patrick Mahomes is not walking through the locker room door any time soon.
I don't know. Wentz has really lost it, and now the reports are he's a locker room stinker too. It only took Brady one year to develop. Jimmy G was looking pretty good too before the timing got messed up. There's got to be some young guy that BB and JMcD can mold into our next guy. And who knows whether the next Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady will be walking through the door? Mahomes went behind Mitch friggin Trubisky for cripes sake!

This. No one is going to trade for that contract. His contract also makes him almost untradeable since he would be a $60 million dollar cap hit if he's not on the roster next year. He is a broken player. Holds the ball forever, makes poor decisions, injury prone, and he doesn't seem to be the most loved guy in the locker room. I would rather have Sam Darnold 10x over than Wentz all things factored in.
Oh you had me until you said Darnold :cool:

If Pederson is back in Philly, I wonder if that means Wentz will be on his way out.

Eagles send the Patriots Wentz + their first rounder in exchange for the Pats taking a chunk of that contract? LOL :D

Last edited:
A possible scenario from Philly sports talk is that Wentz would need to turn down the 20-million dollar bonus he is due. The Eagles would be off the hook for that money. The Patriots would pay him 20-million for 2021. It's never been done. I'm sure the players association would frown on such a deal.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back