PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler's agent in search for 1st rounder + big contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Patriots players are expected to sacrifice personal stats for the benefit of the team."

then at contract time....

"Butler isn't that good because he only has 7 career INT's and Gilmore had 5 last year alone"

Show me where I said "Butler isn't that good". Show me where I said anything other than 'Butler is an excellent corner and fits perfectly in our system."

I'll wait.

I still wouldn't be surprised if the Pats pay Butler. They have the cap room to be creative. Also, about year ago, we expected them to pay top dollar to at least three of these four players:

Collins
Hightower
Chandler Jones
Malcolm Butler

Obviously, Collins and Jones are gone. So we trade Gilmore for either Jones or Collins.

How much did Revis make?

The agent whining to the media (which is obviously where this is all coming from) reeks of desperation.
Bullcrap. If that number is accurate, it reeks of "holy crap, the Patriots really did lowball the guy and I can't blame him for refusing that offer."

If Howe's info is on the mark, my opinion of this situation changes greatly. I don't find anything coming out re : "any of these guys" to be overly reliable.

Butler has reason to be aggravated IF they told him "no one gets 10M$" followed by the Gilmore deal.

If Butler wants to be a Patriot for life - that suits me fine. These numbers seem fishy. And BB is usually a very straight shooter.

Last edited:
So the Patriots are full of ****, as usual. Pay that stiff Gillmore 14 million and hang your own guys (Wilfork, Mankins, Butler) over the fire.

Show me where I said "Butler isn't that good". Show me where I said anything other than 'Butler is an excellent corner and fits perfectly in our system."

I'll wait.
Show me where I said you said Butler isn't that good.

However, it is worth pointing out that you did use stats to minimize Butler's value relative to Gilmore. Funny how the whole "on the Patriots you must sacrifice personal stats for team gain" got thrown out the window.

God his agent is ****ing terrible.

Sure, give up the only leverage at all that you have. Good work.

I still wouldn't be surprised if the Pats pay Butler. They have the cap room to be creative. Also, about year ago, we expected them to pay top dollar to at least three of these four players:

Collins
Hightower
Chandler Jones
Malcolm Butler

Obviously, Collins and Jones are gone. So we trade Gilmore for either Jones or Collins.

I think they eventually sign him too. If the market were really there, we'd know about it.

If Howe's info is on the mark, my opinion of this situation changes greatly. I don't find anything coming out re : "any of these guys" to be overly reliable.

Butler has reason to be aggravated IF they told him "no one gets 10M$" followed by the Gilmore deal.

If Butler wants to be a Patriot for life - that suits me fine. It these numbers seem fishy. And BB is usually a very straight shooter.
I agree BB is a straight shooter and I trust anything BB says. However, it is worth pointing out that he hasn't actually said anything publicly on the matter, so all we have is rumors and speculation.

Show me where I said you said Butler isn't that good.

However, it is worth pointing out that you did use stats to minimize Butler's value relative to Gilmore. Funny how the whole "on the Patriots you must sacrifice personal stats for team gain" got thrown out the window.
I didn't say anything about the Patriots.

I wrote exclusively about other teams.

Oh, and:

"Patriots players are expected to sacrifice personal stats for the benefit of the team."

then at contract time....

"Butler isn't that good because he only has 7 career INT's and Gilmore had 5 last year alone"

Directly quoting my post.

Butlers agent needs to STFU

if he gets the 3.9 this year, he's made more than Derek Carr during his first four years

Learn rookie contracts, and gtfo of here with your ********

I didn't say anything about the Patriots.

I wrote exclusively about other teams.

Oh, and:

Directly quoting my post.
Excuse me but that's not directly quoting your post, nor did I in any way claim that I was quoting you or your post. I did not assign that quote to you or any other individual. It's just a statistic.

So try harder.

Butlers agent needs to STFU

if he gets the 3.9 this year, he's made more than Derek Carr during his first four years

Learn rookie contracts, and gtfo of here with your ********
Great attitude.

"Hey you!!! Super Bowl hero!!! Top-10 CB in the NFL!!! You get the **** out of here!!!!"

Excuse me but that's not directly quoting your post, nor did I in any way claim that I was quoting you or your post. I did not assign that quote to you or any other individual. It's just a statistic.

So try harder.

You put quotation marks around it. Everyone can see it.

Clearly Howe is getting fed this by Malcolm or his agent.

When the team says "we are not paying a CB" it could mean a number of things. It could mean a current Patriots CB.

The agent is using Howe to socialize the context of the negotiations in order to shape Malcolm's market.

Not sure how beneficial this is to his chances of staying in NE.

Butler hired a personal injury attorney to be his agent, a guy with zero experience negotiating or managing a professional athlete's contract or career. So, yes, in a way it very well may make him incompetent in this specific scenario.

According to the link below: "Simpson is a Huntsville attorney with a well-established practice. He also has what he has called a "hobby" but what Shannon (his wife) reminds him is "a side business." He has been certified by the NFL as a player agent since 2012 and his first client to earn an NFL job is Butler, an undrafted free agent from West Alabama." Huntsville attorney enjoys Super thrill through his Patriots' client, rookie hero Malcolm Butler

I guess it is admirable that Butler has stuck with this agent who took him on when he was a nobody from West Alabama, but IMHO he would be wise to hire a real professional sports agent, as opposed to a personal injury lawyer who dabbles as a player agent as a "hobby".

I want Butler to stay but his agent really isn't doing him any favors here.

I think offering 4/40 would be fair to Butler. Essentially if you take out his 4 mil next year you're buying 3 UFA years at 12 per. I wouldn't offer him any more than that, it sets a bad precedent to give a UFA contract to a RFA, I don't care who it is.

How much did Revis make?

The agent whining to the media (which is obviously where this is all coming from) reeks of desperation.
Because his agent fu... with pats offer. And now he is trying to save his as..
If you look RFA status Butler gets
Last year 600k
This year 3,9mil
Franchise tag next year 14mil , last year wwhen conract was offered. was 13mil.
So 18,5 mil in 3 years
If he would sign 3 years contract 7mil per year that is 3mil more than what his agent f..up. and he would earn some money incase of an injury. Now he has nothing.

And i dont trust his agent.

Last edited:
Great attitude.

"Hey you!!! Super Bowl hero!!! Top-10 CB in the NFL!!! You get the **** out of here!!!!"

Uhhh did you just become a patriots fan?

That's the way they do business. So he should get special treatment because he made one play 3 years ago? Yeah, he's a good players, but he's not Ty Law. He needs to accept the fact that he's actually not getting screwed AT ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes