PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler & Saints working towards finalizing a deal (Thread now UFC Pats Fans Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Cooks is 4 yrs younger
And our WR position is a tougher position for players to acclimate to. You find a guy you think has the brains to do it and you grab him.

Gilmore and Rowe will be a good 1-2 tandem. Cyrus Jones will become a very good slot CB. There are also some good CBs that can be added through the draft.

This defense will be a force next season, and the offense should be nearly unstoppable.

Things are looking great.

C laiborne has been a bust to me since he left LSU. To the Jets? - why not, he probably heard about Hightower's cupcake remnants.

And our WR position is a tougher position for players to acclimate to. You find a guy you think has the brains to do it and you grab him.
Good point. Although with Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell and Amendola (likely to restructure) and Floyd (now may be on the way out) do we really need Cooks?

If we trade him for #32, so be it. Fair deal though it is a disappointment to watch Butler leave.

But is it too much to ask that we don't trash Malcolm on the way out? He played great for us, period. None of this "he was overrated", "Logan Ryan is better" **** that I've seen tossed about on this forum. Can we not embarrass ourselves with that crap for once? Just acknowledge and appreciate the great things Butler did for us, and wish him the best on his way out. I hope that is not too much to ask for.

Rowe didn't show me very much and Jones is still a giant ? IMO.

I did agree generally though I think Rowe showed a bit more than maybe you give him credit for but I also think some people here are too high on him. He was okay. Not anything amazing generally.

I need to admit the ideal of Gilmore/Rowe/C. Jones doesn't appeal to me much. It can work but I will not be a fan. If Butler goes imo they need to add someone else that is proven.

If we trade him for #32, so be it. Fair deal though it is a disappointment to watch Butler leave.

But is it too much to ask that we don't trash Malcolm on the way out? He played great for us, period. None of this "he was overrated", "Logan Ryan is better" **** that I've seen tossed about on this forum. Can we not embarrass ourselves with that crap for once? Just acknowledge and appreciate the great things Butler did for us, and wish him the best on his way out. I hope that is not too much to ask for.

Butler was an overrated system CB. Relax.

KIDDING!!!

I thought he was a smart, tough and gritty player that played better when the stakes were higher. True Patriot. Sucks the Pats could not or better yet would not keep him.

crying-babies.jpg

Are you as big of a loser in real life as you project yourself on here? You are truly embarrassing yourself with every ridiculous pathetic post you make you sad pathetic old loser..

Big fan of your work. Rage on.

Good point. Although with Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell and Amendola (likely to restructure) and Floyd (now may be on the way out) do we really need Cooks?

YES

You cant expect JE to keep this up all season plus playoffs. He is 31 in May and has been injured a lot.

Hogan is what he is and a great complimentary piece

DA? Role player at this point

MM 2nd year. Great potential but lets be serious here.

Floyd? Big ????

They needed serious help at WR and got exactly what they needed.

MB has been a top 5 cb in the NFL over the last 2 seasons. He will always be a legend in NE. Worked his butt off. Hoping somehow he can stay but it doesn't look good.

Hogan is 29? Edelman 31? Amendola 32? Needed to get younger as all you have in their early 20s is MM.

YES

You cant expect JE to keep this up all season plus playoffs. He is 31 in May and has been injured a lot.

Hogan is what he is and a great complimentary piece

DA? Role player at this point

MM 2nd year. Great potential but lets be serious here.

Floyd? Big ????

They needed serious help at WR and got exactly what they needed.
I asked on this forum few days ago if Floyd will now leave and someone replied it depends of if Amendola restructure Floyd might go. I hope they find a way to keep both. Floyd is a physical WR and young and if he keeps his head straight he can be part of a long term plan here.

Thanks a billion for the interception, but he's still shooting his way out of town, IMO.

Great. Hope NO signs him. Pats get pick #11 and get get a young, elite CB. Works for both parties

Anything other than that? BB has lost his mind to NOT take what NO is obligated to give up.

This year IMO no. Next year? We would have needed someone. Edelman isn't getting younger and Hogan/Mitchell won't be enough even if Gronk can stay healthy.

They needed another option at some point.

I asked on this forum few days ago if Floyd will now leave and someone replied it depends of if Amendola restructure Floyd might go. I hope they find a way to keep both. Floyd is a physical WR and young and if he keeps his head straight he can be part of a long term plan here.

The usual MO with this team is to get everyone into camp. That way you have months to evaluate everyone especially Floyed (who will be cheap). When September cut day comes they keep the players they think give them the best chance to win.

You get all OTA, mini camp and many months to evaluate before. Again, having Floyd there wont cost a thing.

Floyd is gone I am sure. Bill I think saw enough. Figured it won't work so he got Cooks.

Great. Hope NO signs him. Pats get pick #11 and get get a young, elite CB. Works for both parties

Anything other than that? BB has lost his mind to NOT take what NO is obligated to give up.

I don't think the Saints give up #11. That would be a lot for a player you could have just bid on and got next year anyway. If you are holding out hope for that and only that I think you are likely to be disappointed. I am hoping for it but know it is probably very unlikely.

This thread is absolute comedy gold. Between the overweight former high school alpha males in here messaging their inferiority complex via living vicariously through their successful favorite football team and the insults flying back the forth, this bad boy is an instant classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST