PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Stearns: Pats close to Ty Law deal; Law prefers Pats over Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stearns is an awful reporter. Law is only 34. If the moron can't even get a simple thing like age correct, I don't think he deserves our trust on anything else.

What an idiot.

J D Sal

not saying anything bad about ur post....but the only part struck me as funny

Re: Fox 25's Dave Briggs:

Welcome to the world of Butch "The King of Tease" Sterns.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Butch did his job perfectly. How many of you stayed glued to the TV -waiting through the painful commercials just to see his 2 second announcement?

Dance puppet...dance

not saying anything bad about ur post....but the only part struck me as funny

I'm really excited about this. No, he's not the saving grace of the future of the secondary, but he can contribute, and I think it will be cool to see old 24 out there again.

I'm really excited about this. No, he's not the saving grace of the future of the secondary, but he can contribute, and I think it will be cool to see old 24 out there again.

completely agree. plus, his football smarts will come in handy, especially with helping our drafted corners.

And none of us even need to buy a new jersey.

Everyone wins!

I just hope that he makes enough to feed his family....

I want 24 and 55 back.... Seau can be 55 Junior and McGinest can be 55 Senior. I am going by time spent with the Patriots.

What a tease...and I thought that I was bad. ;) :D

Last edited:
Hobbs, Law, Bryant, Webster, Spann, Richardson, rookie second and/or third rounder(s), etc.... That should be plenty of competition for roster spots and should produce a decent CB lineup.

Well, at least Butch wasn't calling all around Boston asking people if they can confirm for him that Ty Law was dead.

Yeah, co-sign. Law was one of my favorite all time Pats. Even followed him in his college days.

Count me as one of the people happy if Law resigns. He has clearly lost a step, but he can still be a very productive player.

Count me as one of the people happy if Law resigns. He has clearly lost a step, but he can still be a very productive player.

Agreed.

My question now is where do all the pieces fit - it'll be interesting to see who makes the team. Bryant is a starting quality player, Webster can start, and Sanders provides good depth. I imagine we'll draft at least one CB. Hobbs is a lock on a roster, Bryant and Law are near locks, IMO. The rest are fighting it out. This just increases my hope we use a day 2 pick on Ikegwuonu and sit him on IR for a year. It's going to be a crowded competition for roster spots at CB, especially if we draft a Cason or a Flowers, so if we draft another CB in the draft thinking long term, it better be somebody that we can either IR for a season or sneak onto the PS.

Last edited:
Assuming Seau comes back for another year, and that Law does sign, just give the Pats a good draft and Watch Out for this roster...again.

Please let Ty come back - I know he isn't the Law of '03 but if we are looking at a season with Ellis Hobbs as our top corner I am going to puke.

Assuming Seau comes back for another year, and that Law does sign, just give the Pats a good draft and Watch Out for this roster...again.
I agree...Law would be a good addition..NOT at a BIG price tag...but at something reasonable.

Please let Ty come back - I know he isn't the Law of '03 but if we are looking at a season with Ellis Hobbs as our top corner I am going to puke.

Who (do we think) would be the top corner now: Hobbs or Fernando?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents