PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryce Young refuses to weigh in at his pro day

Stroud apparently killed it at his pro day that was (I think( yesterday.
Josh mccown the new panthers qb coach spoke with stroud and said sth about charlotte which the media immediately used for speculation if mccown has leaked their pick :D

I heard he went into a restaurant and ate all the food in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant

Look at the teams with starters from Bama and repost b/c you don't know WTF you are talking about.
Youre delusional.

Tell us about all those playoff wins Bama QBs have. I will help get you started - Mac Jones has NONE.

Youre delusional.

Tell us about all those playoff wins Bama QBs have. I will help get you started - Mac Jones has NONE.
...and I will help you. Jalen Hurts went to the SB last year....and don't give me he was a product of OU.

A QB needs talent around him and quality coaching to succeed. Look at Tua last year....another Bama QB.

In his rookie year Mac had that. But we know you think Mac sucks so your analysis has bias

Last edited:
Youre delusional.

Bart Starr, Ken Stabler and Joe Namath all won Superbowls, granted it's been a while since a Bama QB has won a playoff game, unless you count Hurts who transferred out. But if there is one school's QBs you should run from its Ohio State!!

Bama now runs a pro-style offense and Ohio St doesn't.

All that being said, I thought that Stroud was exceptional in the playoff game against Georgia. If Harrison JR didn't get hurt he might have even been able to beat them. I would draft him ahead of Young, because he is bigger and better. Young is a great talent, but 5'10" and 190 lbs. he is not going to last in the NFL.

Bart Starr, Ken Stabler and Joe Namath all won Superbowls, granted it's been a while since a Bama QB has won a playoff game, unless you count Hurts who transferred out. But if there is one school's QBs you should run from its Ohio State!!

Bama now runs a pro-style offense and Ohio St doesn't.

All that being said, I thought that Stroud was exceptional in the playoff game against Georgia. If Harrison JR didn't get hurt he might have even been able to beat them. I would draft him ahead of Young, because he is bigger and better. Young is a great talent, but 5'10" and 190 lbs. he is not going to last in the NFL.
Remember when Namath was on the Brady Bunch tv show?

That was cool.

...and I will help you. Jalen Hurts went to the SB last year....and don't give me he was a product of OU.

A QB needs talent around him and quality coaching to succeed. Look at Tua last year....another Bama QB.

In his rookie year Mac had that. But we know you think Mac sucks so your analysis has bias
Just as I said.

You have NOTHING.

Russell Wilson was really drafted from NC State.

According to the clueless that is.
Russell Wilson has nothing to do with the debate.

If I were Carolina I would lean to stroud or richardson
I would take Stroud 10 times before I would take Richardson!
Did you see Richardson play? He was not good, Florida had a losing record, his stats were not good, threw for 2,400 yards he only threw for 17 TD and had 9 INT.
Stroud lead his team to the NCG, threw for almost 3,700 yards and had 41 TDs to 6 INTS.
Even if you look at Young who played in the same conference, team was 11-2, he threw for 3,300 yards and had 32 TDs to 5 INTs. And missed a game and a half.
Panthers staff, from owner to QB coach were in Tuscaloosa before Pro Day and took Bryce out to dinner the night before. I think they will end up drafting him.

If any team takes Richardson, they need to be prepared to have me ride the bench and develop for a year or two.

I would take Stroud 10 times before I would take Richardson!
Did you see Richardson play? He was not good, Florida had a losing record, his stats were not good, threw for 2,400 yards he only threw for 17 TD and had 9 INT.
Stroud lead his team to the NCG, threw for almost 3,700 yards and had 41 TDs to 6 INTS.
Even if you look at Young who played in the same conference, team was 11-2, he threw for 3,300 yards and had 32 TDs to 5 INTs. And missed a game and a half.
Panthers staff, from owner to QB coach were in Tuscaloosa before Pro Day and took Bryce out to dinner the night before. I think they will end up drafting him.

If any team takes Richardson, they need to be prepared to have me ride the bench and develop for a year or two.
Yes i have
I know richardson is a project who needs coaching and more experience but I would take him over young , I prefer qb with a minimum size which leads to more durability imo. Richardson ceiling is the highest imo and that’s what I prefer when I have a bad team picking top 5 and not ready to compete

Yes i have
I know richardson is a project who needs coaching and more experience but I would take him over young , I prefer qb with a minimum size which leads to more durability imo. Richardson ceiling is the highest imo and that’s what I prefer when I have a bad team picking top 5 and not ready to compete
I never said they SHOULD take Young over Richardson, I just think they will based on what they did while in Tuscaloosa and what they said about their meetings with him, but I absolutely could be wrong. I only said that they should take Stroud over Richardson.
The Panthers are not in a position to pick a QB with the 1st overall pick and let him be a project pick.
You are right that Richardson has the potential to be a great QB, but that is not a sure thing either. I really think he should have return to FL for another year and worked on his skill test and come out when he was ready to play. He certainly has the size, the arm, no character issues, just needs to see the field more.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back