PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryce Young refuses to weigh in at his pro day

I never said they SHOULD take Young over Richardson, I just think they will based on what they did while in Tuscaloosa and what they said about their meetings with him, but I absolutely could be wrong.
i did not intend to say this:)
they also had a meeting and dinner with stroud i believe, they will and need to do their homework on any qb but i believe i heard that reich and the owner are considering stroud and young as the top options.
I only said that they should take Stroud over Richardson.
The Panthers are not in a position to pick a QB with the 1st overall pick and let him be a project pick.
Why? Do you think the panthers are only better qb play away from a SB? Because after giving away CMC and DJ Moore i think their offense could use some help. I don't think their are only a qb away. But their division looks weak so they could sneak in with the right qb
You are right that Richardson has the potential to be a great QB, but that is not a sure thing either. I really think he should have return to FL for another year and worked on his skill test and come out when he was ready to play. He certainly has the size, the arm, no character issues, just needs to see the field more.

i did not intend to say this:)
they also had a meeting and dinner with stroud i believe, they will and need to do their homework on any qb but i believe i heard that reich and the owner are considering stroud and young as the top options.

Why? Do you think the panthers are only better qb play away from a SB? Because after giving away CMC and DJ Moore i think their offense could use some help. I don't think their are only a qb away. But their division looks weak so they could sneak in with the right qb
I don't think that they are a QB away from winning the SB. I just don't see a team trading up, and they gave up a lot to the Bears, not to pick a QB. Given that rationale, what type QB do you think that they would pick, rookie ready to play or a project? I think they would want a QB ready to take the field as a rookie, take his lumps, learn some lessons, and get the experience needed to lead the team in a few years. Richardson needs a year or two to get ready to take the field.
I think that they could take Stroud over Young just as certain as I am that they take Young over Stroud. Honestly, I would prefer that Young go to the Texans. DeMeco Ryans really wants him there, they have the Bama connection, and the pressure of the overall #1 pick is not on his back.
We will have to wait and see.

I don't think that they are a QB away from winning the SB. I just don't see a team trading up, and they gave up a lot to the Bears, not to pick a QB. Given that rationale, what type QB do you think that they would pick, rookie ready to play or a project? I think they would want a QB ready to take the field as a rookie, take his lumps, learn some lessons, and get the experience needed to lead the team in a few years. Richardson needs a year or two to get ready to take the field.
I think that they could take Stroud over Young just as certain as I am that they take Young over Stroud. Honestly, I would prefer that Young go to the Texans. DeMeco Ryans really wants him there, they have the Bama connection, and the pressure of the overall #1 pick is not on his back.
We will have to wait and see.
i would take the qb who i project as to be the best of this class independend of how much time he needs
if it is 1 year or 2 years it doesn't matter for me if i think that the other top qb are limited to average play
i think they end up with stroud but there are arguments for young as well, it is 50/50

i would take the qb who i project as to be the best of this class independend of how much time he needs
if it is 1 year or 2 years it doesn't matter for me if i think that the other top qb are limited to average play
i think they end up with stroud but there are arguments for young as well, it is 50/50

Very risky to chose based no "projection" versus "college results". I am trying to think of a QB that was not great in college but projected higher and fulfilled the projection. Maybe Josh Allen? I think in general the best NFL QBs were good in college too. Richardson was not good in college.

Very risky to chose based no "projection" versus "college results". I am trying to think of a QB that was not great in college but projected higher and fulfilled the projection. Maybe Josh Allen? I think in general the best NFL QBs were good in college too. Richardson was not good in college.
Josh Allen is a good example of a QB that had an average college career, he played at Wyoming and obviously the competition was not great. He did put up a lot of yards, but also had a lot of INTs.
I agree with you, Richardson was not great in college, in fact some of the games he played in were just horrible. That is why I think he is such a project, the same can be said for Will Levis. Levis had a lot of yards, but a lot of INTs that cost his team games. He is a project QB too.
There is an argument to be made for great college QBs not being good NFL QBs, that list is long, but the list of a not great college QB being great NFL QB is very short.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back