PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rodney Harrison backs Bruschi!

Just heard Rodney .... he backs and agrees with what Tedy said.

Anyone who doesn't just does NOT understand the Patriot Way. Period!

Rodney is retired and in the media so should just shut his pie hole...:scared: j/k buddy, really...

OK so that's one down, one more "ring" leader to go... I bet Bingo agrees too.

Teddy is overreacting big time. He needs to relax, have a coke and a smile.

We've been down this path before. Ocho has looked completely lost and confused out there, he still has a little time but Bruschi's right, time to get on board. He is acting like a starstruck fan, everybody else on offense seems to get it. Playtime is over, time to grow up or move on.

From Galloway's wiki page

Galloway signed a one-year deal with the New England Patriots on March 14, 2009. Although healthy, he was inactive for Weeks 4-6 of the 2009 season due to a lack of production and difficulty in learning the Patriots offense. He was released on October 2.

my post was similar to yours andyou hit the like button. Ocho imo unlike Galloway will get a MUCH longer leash to get into the playbook and on the same page w/ Brady. Joey never got that luxury (Ocho however will) 85 is a hard worker and he i8s trying. In time he will get it. we are a TE offense w/ Slot WR's and intermediate route receivers. Don't expect 85 to stretch the field. He will catch on and I am not worried. I do not foresee him being cut unless he really tanks and I would not even consider his current struggles a matter of tanking it. BB likes Chad and if he had not... he would never have thrown draft picks @ Cinci. Give the guy some more time.:)

The difference is these guys are game day active contributors. They aren't getting pulled off the field for rookie penalties.

People are misreading this. Tedy is trying to help Ocho. He wants to motivate him and make him believe in himself that he can do this too.

Why so negative?

Because it's not Tedy's job to motivate Ocho, that belongs EXCLUSIVELY to current Patriots....... He's the outsider now (you may not like that, but it's true). Calling him out on National TV does NOT help Ocho learn the system faster.

There were plenty of dumb penalties the other day. Gronk 2.0 had a pretty dumb one too and nobody said a word. Ocho was only in for 18 plays. He was only targeted 3 times. He made one nice catch, and had one non-call which he was definitely interfered with. Not much production to be sure, but not nothing.

Ocho didn't get much opportunity, that could be for lots of reasons, one of which might have been the style of offense they were employing. The hurry-up required people that know exactly where to be and when to be there. Ocho's not there yet and wasn't in the plan. Next week, he may be in the plans and have 10 catches. Let's not all pretend we know what and how the Patriots operate and what/how they deploy their roster on gameday.

Lets not forget......... Galloway had a piss-poor attitude here and refused to run certain routes correctly. Different situation than Ocho entirely.

Last edited:
my post was similar to yours andyou hit the like button. Ocho imo unlike Galloway will get a MUCH longer leash to get into the playbook and on the same page w/ Brady. Joey never got that luxury (Ocho however will) 85 is a hard worker and he i8s trying. In time he will get it. we are a TE offense w/ Slot WR's and intermediate route receivers. Don't expect 85 to stretch the field. He will catch on and I am not worried. I do not foresee him being cut unless he really tanks and I would not even consider his current struggles a matter of tanking it. BB likes Chad and if he had not... he would never have thrown draft picks @ Cinci. Give the guy some more time.:)

Agreed, Ocho will get a longer leash.

What did you expect Brady to say?

" Yeah,Ocho couldn't separate from his guy last night and he was out there for filler,I really think he lost his knack of getting open" :rolleyes:

Are you that gullible?

The Patriot way has always been as long as you are on the team give praise and respect to your fellow teammates and opposing teams,no Patriot has ever put another under the bus under Belichick's regime and it will continue or they will be in Bill's doghouse.

Another thing that I have long learned the past decade is most stuff said at the media in NE is what the media does not want to hear....the good stuff said that they cannot write about and cause national attention.

You should know better than to call me gullible when it comes to stuff like this. And, given your clear anti-Johnson agenda, your argument is coming from such a bias as to be meaningless.

Also, as someone posted, Johnson's comments weren't out of line with the comments of other players on the team.

This is a false controversy, and only the foolish and biased are buying into it.

Last edited:
Because it's not Tedy's job to motivate Ocho, that belongs EXCLUSIVELY to current Patriots....... He's the outsider now (you may not like that, but it's true). Calling him out on National TV does NOT help Ocho learn the system faster.

How do you know what motivates Ocho? He seems pretty connected to the media to me.

If this works, great. If not, no harm done.

Still not seeing a problem here.

You might want to talk to Brady then, based on his response when questioned about it this morning.

Why, did he say Ocho is doing more than enough or Bru is full of it? Actually he said the performance wasn't awesome, it was what it was which was what they needed to get a W but it won't be awesome unless they get a lot better because it won't always work out to where your mistakes and plays left on the field don't kill you. He expects it to be better... It's their job to find ways to win.

You should know better than to call me gullible when it comes to stuff like this. And, given your clear anti-Johnson agenda, your argument is coming from such a bias as to be meaningless.

Also, as someone posted, Johnson's comments weren't out of line with the comments of other players on the team.

This is a false controversy, and only the foolish and biased are buying into it.

Yeah, like the Maroney baloney...and the Big Bang BS...and AD disconnect and the Moss misunderstandings...

Teddy is overreacting big time. He needs to relax, have a coke and a smile.

he really is not. I see the main motive of starting a FIRE underneath 85 and I surmise that was the primary agenda of this article. I really bet Teddy wrote this b/c of a BB coment and or Bruschi REALLY cares for his Red, White and Blue and Teddy is calling out 85 a guy that is under performing. Ocho does need to stay out of the Twitter headlines.

Ocho my man. You said you were in Heaven and if you want to be a Guardian Angel here in NE you gotta step it up and get at it.:cool:

They did, much more than Gaffney who was a street free agent.

You can claim that they had higher expectations than Gaffney, but they were still lower than Johnson.

Regardless, how is this relevant? The point is that some receivers are capable of acclimating to the system while others are not. Furthermore, it's established that for most it takes a good deal of time to learn the system, and thus any pronouncements at this time would be premature and unwarranted.

Of course it's psychoanalysis. You're attempting to divine a mental state from Johnson's tweet and draw conclusions about how it affacts his ability to perform on the field

Being awestruck and knowing what you're supposed to do for your job are not mutually exclusive conditions. Simply stating that they are because you believe that to be the case is not exactly what I'd call a convincing argument. So, yeah, it certainly doesn't change a thing at all.

No, JB, it's not Psychoanalysis. In fact, you stating such means you really don't know the definition of psychoanalysis. Which is not what you said.

psychoanalysis: Definition from Answers.com
The method of psychological therapy originated by Sigmund Freud in which free association, dream interpretation, and analysis of resistance and transference are used to explore repressed or unconscious impulses, anxieties, and internal conflicts, in order to free psychic energy for mature love and work.

I am not trying to divine Chad's state of mind. I am going strictly by what Chad said.

Being awestruck and not focusing on the job at hand has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing what you are supposed to be doing. If you are awestruck, then you aren't fully focused. If you aren't fully focused then you can't be performing your job to full capacity. If you aren't performing to full capacity then you are part of the problem.

I just find it ironic/funny that a reknowned media hog like Bruschi (when he was a player he NEVER met a camera and microphone he didn't like) is even commenting on this.

Seriously, if ever there was a guy who needed a camera or microphone as oxygen it was our Tedy.

If Twitter existed when he played as widely as it is now, he would have broken the operating system.

I love the guy and he is one of my all-time favorite Patriots, but this a good example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited:
How do you know what motivates Ocho? He seems pretty connected to the media to me.

If this works, great. If not, no harm done.

Still not seeing a problem here.

I don't........... Neither probably does Tedy or anyone else. Nor do we really have much insight on what the issue is with his lack of production. As other have said, Ocho's tweet was no more or less provoking then several others people. Hell, even Jason Taylor had complimentary things to say about TB after the game..... Did Tedy blow him up and go on a "It's you GD job to stop them, not admire them" rant? :rolleyes:

Tedy's taking a little free liberty here....... It's not anyone's job in the media to motivate active players, even if they do play on your team. Leave that to the coaches and your teammates to do.

Last edited:
Being awestruck and not focusing on the job at hand has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing what you are supposed to be doing. If you are awestruck, then you aren't fully focused. If you aren't fully focused then you can't be performing your job to full capacity. If you aren't performing to full capacity then you are part of the problem.
So should Chad have chosen his words more carefully then?

Instead of using "awestruck" like he did, maybe he should simply have used words like "amazed" or "honored" or "great" instead (like some of his fellow Pats teammates did) and all would have been fine. Either that or he simply not have used twitter as his vehicle to express his admiration for one of the greatest night's a QB has ever produced out on the field :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm fascinated how divisive this has become.

I'm definetly in the camp that Twitter is a giant waste of time (but posting on Patsfans isn't :) ) and players (or anyone for that matter) that think their every movement or thought is newsworthy are over compensating for their insecurities. And I still can't get a handle on why anyone would feel the need to follow a player's Tweets. Do you yourself feel famous for having meaningless contact with a famous person? "Hey, my pretend friend Ocho just filled up his Prius with $12 of gas....awesome!" Does knowing when a famous player's taking a crap give you greater satisfaction than learning when a regular Joe is taking a dump?

And I can understand the resentment toward Bruschi on this matter. Serious fans must be feeling a sense of betrayal by someone they hold in high esteem. They feel Bruschi has broken the bond the fan thought he had with him regarding their common bond....the Patriots.

To the Bruschi is bad group, just curious if you would prefer Bruschi to assume the Lou Holtz role as the babbling homer ( poor Notre Dame)? "All's good in Foxborough.... we can pull this one out....our boys are ready....blah blah blah."

Personally, I think Tedy has correctly read the Chad situation and just happened to use the Tweet as his chance to lay down some ground fire. If not the Tweet yesterday, it would have been spurred on by something else today or tomorrow. He doesn't like what he's seeing from Chad and he finally voiced his opinion....very strongly

No, JB, it's not Psychoanalysis. In fact, you stating such means you really don't know the definition of psychoanalysis.

I'm using it in the colloquial sense, not the Freudian terminology: Psychoanalysis | Define Psychoanalysis at Dictionary.com

I am not trying to divine Chad's state of mind. I am going strictly by what Chad said.

Of course you are. See below:

Interesting logic chain you've assembled, but I still see no evidence that being filled with awe precludes one from being fully focused. But this essentially confirms what I've argued all along. You're taking a word from Johnson's Twitter and divining it to mean that his shortcomings on the field can be attributed to him not being fully focused. Hocum, if you ask me.

Last edited:
I don't........... Neither probably does Tedy or anyone else. Nor do we really have much insight on what the issue is with his lack of production. As other have said, Ocho's tweet was no more or less provoking then several others people. Hell, even Jason Taylor had complimentary things to say about TB after the game..... Did Tedy blow him up and go on a "It's you GD job to stop them, not admire them" rant? :rolleyes:

Tedy's taking a little free liberty here....... It's not anyone's job in the media to motivate active players, even if they do play on your team. Leave that to the coaches and your teammates to do.

It doesn't matter who's job it is. That is a fallacy.

The fact remains:

If it works, it works. If not, no harm done.

If you can make the case that this is somehow harmful, I'm all ears. Until then, you have no point.

Closing in on 200 posts about a WEEI ratings grab ripping the 7th option on offense for a throwaway tweet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back