PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins/NHL playoff thread

Go B's - looking forward to more games (PS - could the NHL also be showing the NFL the way? Go into a bubble, no fans, pump in some crowd noise to make it more realistic, and there you go.).
The NFL could hire Bill Polian as a consultant.

Feckin Tortorella & the feckin Blow Jackets coaching & playing not to lose instead of coaching & playing to win...Tampa's the best team in the league and Columbus had them on the ropes twice and squandered both of those opportunities...No way the Bs are winning 4/7 vs them now...

Maybe the Habs can surprise Philly and win the next 2 games and then we get the Islanders. Who may not be any easier than TB would be the way they’re playing...just KO’ed the Caps in 5...

They need to be better 5 on 5 in the next series

They need to be better 5 on 5 in the next series
Absolutely, but they just don't have the scoring depth...They're two players short up front, and they're too unbalanced with the ones they do have...same story every year...The 2015 & 2016 drafts will forever haunt the current front office...

Boston and Tampa hate each other.

Should be a great series.

Absolutely, but they just don't have the scoring depth...They're two players short up front, and they're too unbalanced with the ones they do have...same story every year...The 2015 & 2016 drafts will forever haunt the current front office...
DeBrusk needs to be more consistent but when he’s on, he’s a handful. Krejci was probably the best Bruin in round 1 and he’s going to have to keep it rolling. The top line started to click and then Pasta got hurt but I think they’ll put it together against TB. Should be a good series.

Tampa just standing around.

Pasta was all by himself

Liking what I see for the most part so far

Reactions: sb1
Never should've been that close...Tampa now has a little momentum going into game 2...

Kase & McAvoy needed to get above-pad elevation on their break-away & one-timer, respectively, and those would've been goals too...
Unbelievable to me that NHL veterans on the Bruins still are incapable of putting accurate lift on shots ... even Marchand's goal never got airborne ... makes it so much easier for goalies to defend when they don't ... and in the case of Carlo's rebound attempt, when they shoot right into their bellies when the goalies aren't even looking ...

Brett Ritchie played a little better than he did before his benching ... Charlie Coyle's hand-eye is amazing...and Andy Sugarcubes Bjork absolutely sucks.

Last edited:
Boston missed a lot of scoring opportunities and so did Tampa.

It seemed like Boston had chances at the empty net, but it also seemed like they were content on just holding the 3 - 0 lead. Halak was pixxed. That close to a shutout. Killorn is a doosh and it wont be long for a fight.

I was thinking that there is bad blood between the Red Sox and Devil Ray and bad blood between the Bruins and Lighting. So, where do Brady and Gronk wind up going? The same town as the Rays and Lighting.

I was thinking that there is bad blood between the Red Sox and Devil Ray and bad blood between the Bruins and Lighting. So, where do Brady and Gronk wind up going? The same town as the Rays and Lighting.
5b90ea5.png

Boston missed a lot of scoring opportunities and so did Tampa.

It seemed like Boston had chances at the empty net, but it also seemed like they were content on just holding the 3 - 0 lead. Halak was pixxed. That close to a shutout. Killorn is a doosh and it wont be long for a fight.

Yeah what the feck was Nordstrom thinking? As soon as he gained good-enough possession at the blue line, he should've shot...Instead, he takes two more strides and allows the defender to reach him...so feckin stupid...

Someone needs to tell Chara that he is old. He is just about done.

B's getting a little luck early on ...

Someone needs to tell Chara that he is old. He is just about done.
Yes he is...too bad there's Nobody in the system capable of replacing him...

And if Stud-licker & Sugarcubes Byork are their best Forward prospects...

Jesus. What ******** is this? Once again Chara standing around on the first goal. Then the linesman takes out our guy and they have a free run for the second goal. Patty Maroon is still an ass BTW. Horrible first period

Jesus. What ******** is this? Once again Chara standing around on the first goal. Then the linesman takes out our guy and they have a free run for the second goal. Patty Maroon is still an ass BTW. Horrible first period
Chara wasn't on the ice for Tampa's first goal; Krug & Carlo were...reminded me of Brad May splitting Borque & Sweeney...disgraceful...The back-checking by the forwards was horrible also...Then there was Halak...

Chara was caught standing around on their 3rd goal, another partial breakaway that still should just been another save, except there was this guy named Halak...

A .666 save % so far tonight for #2 Halak.

Wonder if Puukka even watches the team that pays him now that he has made it to his safe space?

PS......#3 goalie will be lucky to have a .500 save %

Last edited:
What did I tell you all?

Tooka quitting in the playoffs would cost the Bruins. Halak isnt ready for the big time.

What did I tell you all?

Tooka quitting in the playoffs would cost the Bruins. Halak isnt ready for the big time.
Halak has been fine with only a few minor screw ups. Last night was a different story as the back to back is tough on the old Slovak. The entire team was awful last night. I hope this series doesn't end up being like 2018 where the Bs took game 1 easily then got blown off the ice in 4 straight...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back