PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harvard’s Jimmy Vesey evades Nashville, could become a Bruin

Rhodey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this situation closely?o_O

Anyone else notice in influx of New England natives more recently?

How many times have you watched the Olympics and asked: Why can't BOS get players- from home -like that?

FYI: Vesey is a primo player; was slated for Nashville's top-6. Perhaps, the only way BOS is going to land top New England natives is if they simply choose to make it so? We'll see...

Per the article (and link) below:

The 6-foot-3 winger from North Reading, Mass. turned down a roster spot with the Predators to earn his degree, and has expressed an intent to stay in his home state, in the town that he proved himself worthy of a draft pick, via the Boston Herald

“If Vesey reaches free agency it would be a crushing loss for the Predators, and maybe fantastic good fortune for the Bruins. According to an extremely well-placed source within the Boston-area college hockey community, the forward will opt for free agency and sign with the B’s.”

His father, Jim Vesey, now a scout for the Toronto Maple Leafs, spent time with Bruins organization from 1991-1993, notching 38 goals and 39 assists for the Providence Bruins, with 4 games playing for the B’s at the NHL level. Prior to his pro debut, he played four years at Merrimack College.

Harvard's Jimmy Vesey evades Nashville, could become a Bruin

Anyone else watching this situation closely?o_O

Anyone else notice in influx of New England natives more recently?

How many times have you watched the Olympics and asked: Why can't BOS get players- from home -like that?

FYI: Vesey is a primo player; was slated for Nashville's top-6. Perhaps, the only way BOS is going to land top New England natives is if they simply choose to make it so? We'll see...

Per the article (and link) below:

The 6-foot-3 winger from North Reading, Mass. turned down a roster spot with the Predators to earn his degree, and has expressed an intent to stay in his home state, in the town that he proved himself worthy of a draft pick, via the Boston Herald

“If Vesey reaches free agency it would be a crushing loss for the Predators, and maybe fantastic good fortune for the Bruins. According to an extremely well-placed source within the Boston-area college hockey community, the forward will opt for free agency and sign with the B’s.”

His father, Jim Vesey, now a scout for the Toronto Maple Leafs, spent time with Bruins organization from 1991-1993, notching 38 goals and 39 assists for the Providence Bruins, with 4 games playing for the B’s at the NHL level. Prior to his pro debut, he played four years at Merrimack College.

Harvard's Jimmy Vesey evades Nashville, could become a Bruin
i saw a story about this yesterday on csne. hopefully he becomes a bruin. they need all the help they can get.

I've heard the same thing: either Boston or Toronto.

If I were SweeNeely, I would hire the kid's dad away from the Maple Laffs and make him VP of Scouting or something similar, just to make it easier for him.

And Ryan Donato plays at Harvard. His dad, Ted Donato- who played for the B's -is the coach. Again, more BOS people in the loop.

I've heard the same thing: either Boston or Toronto.

If I were SweeNeely, I would hire the kid's dad away from the Maple Laffs and make him VP of Scouting or something similar, just to make it easier for him.

FYI: the Leafs drafted Jimmy's younger brother, Nolan, in the 6th round of the 2014 draft. (He plays at University of Maine.)

As Johnny Carson used to say: I did not know that.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back